Author Topic: The truth is out there  (Read 5827 times)

Offline Razor

The truth is out there
:eek:

Ok here is what I saw. On Sky News there was something about a man who took a picture of what was described as an UFO. They say that it's the best yet but of course the guy decided to remain annonymous.
I don't have any pics to post, but do you think that this is true? Is it possible that finally we may have some conclusive evidence of existence of another alien rase or is it just some top secret flying object or a prank of some sort?

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
It's probably just some UK equivelant of a red-neck trying to make some quick-cash.

The ship looks almost exactly the same as the famous Oregon 1950 one.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
i know this will throw it completely off topic, and i'm sorry to do this, but:

I don't believe in aliens/extra-terrestrial beings.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Re: The truth is out there
Originally posted by Razor

Ok here is what I saw. On Sky News there was something about a man who took a picture of what was described as an UFO. They say that it's the best yet but of course the guy decided to remain annonymous.
I don't have any pics to post, but do you think that this is true? Is it possible that finally we may have some conclusive evidence of existence of another alien rase or is it just some top secret flying object or a prank of some sort?

Basically, no.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
i don't know why i just thought of this, but has anyone ever seen "October Sky"?  it's not too old, perhaps 2-4 years old, but it's an awesome movie, isn't it?

Offline Razor

Re: Re: The truth is out there
Originally posted by vyper

Basically, no.

Which question answers that?

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
!?  watch your grammar razor :p

he means no, he doesn't believe in that article or whatever it was

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Stealth
i know this will throw it completely off topic, and i'm sorry to do this, but:

I don't believe in aliens/extra-terrestrial beings.

That doesn't make sence man. Do you think that we are the only intelegent rase in the entire universe. There are billions of systems, galaxies taht may hold life. There were even rumors about a distant planet that may look like Earth. Of course, it's just a rumor.
Besides, I don't think that aliens mannaged to contact us because they might be using a totally different comunication technology like Shivans in Frespace.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter

..........dumbass.

Punc-tu-ation. He missed an apostrophe (sp?) at before the s in answers.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline Razor

he means no, he doesn't believe in that article or whatever it was

Hey I didn't say anything wrong. I just formulated it differently. Cool down grammar dude.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by an0n

..........dumbass.

Punc-tu-ation. He missed an apostrophe (sp?) at before the s in answers.

an apostrophe is punctuation, but this:

Which question answers that?

is grammar... since a question doesn't answer anything!

...dumbass

EDIT:  Razor, i know... i was just kidding, that's why i put the :p smilie in it ;) :wink: :nod: :cool: an0n took it seriously! :p
« Last Edit: October 04, 2002, 01:13:39 pm by 594 »

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...

That doesn't make sence man. Do you think that we are the only intelegent rase in the entire universe. There are billions of systems, galaxies taht may hold life. There were even rumors about a distant planet that may look like Earth. Of course, it's just a rumor.
Besides, I don't think that aliens mannaged to contact us because they might be using a totally different comunication technology like Shivans in Frespace.

man hasn't even been out of our galaxy... how can they "predict" that there's other planets that are just like ours, etc.  man's got a long, long, looonnnggg way to go before they can start "predicting"

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter

an apostrophe is punctuation, but this:

is grammar... since a question doesn't answer anything!

...dumbass
Which question answer is that?
Which he shortened to:
Which question answer's that?

And he missed the apostrophe, granted, it could be that argued "question answer" should be hyphenated, but **** it.

Offline Razor

People are just speculating that there is life in the universe. Sure it would be stupid that there isn't. In some 400-500 years we might develop technology to leave our galaxy. Look at Freespace. Year 2300-2400. That's not very distant future.

Offline Razor

Originally posted by an0n
Which question answer is that?
Which he shortened to:
Which question answer's that?

And he missed the apostrophe, granted, it could be that argued "question answer" should be hyphenated, but **** it.

Ok mister English american grammar wise guy. Forget it. Back to topic please.

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Re: The truth is out there

I don't have any pics to post, but do you think that this is true?

Sure. Any flying object is a UFO before its  identified, by definition.

Was it a flying space alien ship from beyond?

No. Why?

Physics doesn't stop working, so they'd have had to get here in something slower than light. which means the ship took more than the time it takes for light to get here from Alpha Centauri (about four years was it?).  Consider that its taken nearly 30yrs for a single man made object to get to the heliopause. Lets assume the aliens are really really advanced and have some way to travel NEAR the speed of light. We can rule out any of them being from within about 30LY of earth. Why? because we've been listening for EM signals for at least that long and have yet to get anything that looks like a structured transmission.  Any species advanced enough to throw a chunk of matter across the interstellar gap will cast off mad EM--unless you're going to assume that somehow, such a civilisation managed to bootstrap itself into space without using EM signals to communicate.

LGMs might be out there, but not in our neck of the woods.
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
People are just speculating that there is life in the universe. Sure it would be stupid that there isn't. In some 400-500 years we might develop technology to leave our galaxy. Look at Freespace. Year 2300-2400. That's not very distant future.

Eh? That's a bit far. If it's possible (ie, within the boundreis if teh universal laws) we'll have FTL within 70 years, and Uber-FTL within 90.

Human technology progresses exponentially, you see, so it won't be too long now.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I think that is is fairly likely that other life exists somewhere, but not in the form of these UFO things. (you can find people who claim to have seen just about anything these days :p)

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
If u dont believe in other species out there in a whole **** load of space, u deserve to be shot in the knee caps, burned, then held under water untill ur at an inch of your life and after that left in a desert to starve ......... well thats what i think anyway :p
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Sheepy
If u dont believe in other species out there in a whole **** load of space, u deserve to be shot in the knee caps, burned, then held under water untill ur at an inch of your life and after that left in a desert to starve ......... well thats what i think anyway :p

Ok now what you just said is that you forbide people to think freely. Of course the guy has an opinion on the topic. So what if he doesn't belive in extra terrestrials. I belive because it doesn't make sence that we are totally alone. By the way, are you from some country where free thinking is forbidden or something? :wtf: