Author Topic: Pics of some new TVWar ships  (Read 26244 times)

Offline Solatar

Pics of some new TVWar ships
Here are four pics of the first mission of my test campaign. They are zipped up, and in bitmap format. They show some of the new ships that Woomeister has done. The fighter that you see it my own ship. It is a reskin of the Arwing by Killfrenzy.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2002, 07:59:34 pm by 691 »

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
wierd double fenris's.. arwing ugly.. is that the Station form Machina Terra? :)
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Solatar

That double Feniris is the GTC Repulse. One of our featured ships. Expertly skinned, complete with a new UV map by Woomeister. if that station is in Machine Terra, they must have gone ahead in time and gotten it, 'cause as far as I know ( correct me if I'm wrong ) Woomeister made it for our project.
As far as the reskinned Arwing goes, it was supposed to be one of the earliest ( and not so good looking ) GTA fighters ( Actually from the Unification War). It doesn't look any worse in my opinion as the original. Also, it WAS my first reskin ( Well, I renamed some .pcx's and made an Ancients cargo container ) so it shouldn't look like gold.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Arwing ( Actually the GTF Alpha. How the term Alpha ing originated. I think it will be called something else ) looks pretty old style space fighter. Don't you?

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
    • http://josherickson.org
Cool! When I get FS2 I'm downloading your mod no matter how big it is!
I have big plans, now if only I could see them through.

LiberCapacitas duo quiasemper
------------------------------
Nav buoy - They mark things

Offline Solatar

If you have a 56k modem you'll think otherwise. It'll take my al night to upload it, and my connection is 11mbps. But thanks, it's good to know someone is really waiting for it.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Say hello to my T1 conn, baby. I can DL a 600KB file in 3 seconds. You just gotta love it.

I'd make a big show of kissing my conn, but I'm afraid of getting electrocuted... :wtf: :nervous:

:D
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Solatar

Well, I don't have to worry about downloading my own MOD. Just uploading it.:p

Offline Solatar

Here's a few more. they show some of the new interface, and the models in more detail.

I thinkthis mod will be very interestng and entertaining, keep up the good work!

BTW   At fist I thought the Arwing was a stray model from Starfox... Maybe you should donate it for that mod? ;)
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline EdrickV

• Valued
    • http://members.aol.com/HunterComputers
Originally posted by Hades
If you have a 56k modem you'll think otherwise. It'll take my al night to upload it, and my connection is 11mbps. But thanks, it's good to know someone is really waiting for it.

GetRight works wonders. Usually. Unless you're using a server like Geocities that doesn't support pausing and resuming downloads. (HLP's server does I'm pretty sure.) I've used it to download the entire Direct X 6 SDK once, just to get compiled help files for the Windows Media Player 6 Active X control. ^_^* Can't remember whether the entire thing was 80 megs or whether each of the 3 exes was 80 megs, but it was a heck of a download.)
Ground - "Let me help you out, you're clear to taxi any way you can, to any runway you see."

Mesh Gallery/Downloads:
http://members.aol.com/ArisKalzar/Gallery.html
Turreting 101:
http://members.aol.com/EdrickV/FS2/Turreting.html

http://members.aol.com/HunterComputers

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Originally posted by Star Dragon
At fist I thought the Arwing was a stray model from Starfox... Maybe you should donate it for that mod? ;)

Eh? If you're meaning that the model came from Starfox, then you're correct - I made it, and I'm project leader of the Starfox Mod.

Also, I made that model as a test run - entirely from a VERY hazy memory, and I was quite pleased with how it turned out - even though it was wrong! :D

So no, it's not being donated to the mod because it was originally made for it in the first place! :D

And with regards to the GTF Alpha - make the hull textures lighter, and use a contrasting texture for the 'fins.' Also I would strongly suggest that you keep the original cockpit texture. :)

But otherwise it looks cool - I shall have to try and get this mod when it's finished, but I've only got a 56k.....:(
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Solatar

Yes, I have to give credit to KIllfrenzy. And I probably will revert to the original cockpit. Also, I have something in mind.
I'm glad you guys like this. I would release what I have, but our hosting ins't up YET. Almost though.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
The Name I gave the GTF Alpha in my little guide was the GTF Mustang Alpha, with a bomber varient named, surprise, surprise, the GTB Mustang Beta.  THe guide, for all intensive purposes is ready to be released to the team.  What we'll do is, we'll work on filling it with all reference material, and use it as a guide to the mod.  I think I'll toss in the thing Esh did before I send it.

Edit:  Ok, picture wise, the Alpha does need some work buddy, I think maybe some different textures.  I'm not a fan of that gray at all.  Maybe combine the Fenris gray with the solar panel yellow on the wings, and that might work better.  And Rename the Repulse to GTCv please.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2002, 09:55:37 am by 850 »
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Solatar

SO, we have the GTCv Repulse. Anyway, I KNOW the Alpha needs some work. I've already told everyone, that was my FIRST reskin ever. Get over it. Anyway, I cant UV map it or anything, but I'll try to add a new look to it.:D

Offline Thor

No, I don't think I will;)

Can't wait to see the new look of the Mustang

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
I like the campaign idea alot, nice work.

and i still like it after i see the Repulse which looks like a large fishing boat ;)

The Station looks nice :yes:

question; i thought it was the Angel Scout Fighter? seems awfuly slow for a scout. Did you just fit it to your story needs?

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Solatar

Okay, here is why the Angel is a fighter for the beginning of the campaign ( and the Unification War ).
In Silent Threat, what was the Loki? Answer, the Loki was a fighter.
In fs2, what was the Loki. Answer, the Loki was a scout.
So, when the TVWar breaks out, the Angel is the main fighter. Later on, after better fighters come out, it is reassigned to scouting duties.

Also, I really like the Repulse. You should have seen it before Woomeister gave it Fenris style maps. It looked like  a large piece of paper.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Angel Fighter : Gotcha

Repulse: i don't mean its bad or anything, cool idea too, just looks a lil funky to me

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Thor

It does look like a boat, but so does the Fenris, just a smaller boat.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The Repulse looks too...goofy, I guess, in the front.  I'm not sure I like all that hull bulging out.  It should be made boxier, like the middle and rear already are.  Most Terran ships are rather boxy anyway.

Other than that, :yes: :yes: :yes: