Author Topic: Pics of some new TVWar ships  (Read 26167 times)

Offline Solatar

Pics of some new TVWar ships
See, you leave for two days and everything is f*cked up. I leave for two hours, and I already got people posting updates about the project that aren't really correct, or well thought out.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
ain't it the truth.  to the pm machine and give me some correct updates then"
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Hades
As for the sovereign/reliant, when did this come of age? I never recieved any information about me having a Reliant. Where's the model? :D

You sounded amenable to changing the GTBC Sovereign to the GTD Reliant.  I tried to sneak in and "make it official". :D It's the model that someone remarked looked like Snuffleupagus, I think.

Offline Thor

I think this is getting too crazy.  I think you're talking about the boat like Ticonderoga/Repulse/Leo/thing:confused:

Offline Solatar

That update I gave in this thread is the most accurate, and most current one available. I would know.

Offline Thor

Ok, how about you send me a pic of each ship we have currently, and I'll do some writing.  No rush.

Offline Solatar

Okay, we have nine new models. Not counting the fs1 ( Apollo, valkyrie, etc.. ). I'll take a pic of each one. I think 5 or so were made for the MOD. I know I picked some off of the internet.

Offline Thor

just put them in the private forum or, even better, e-mail them to me.  Make sure you name the Files with the most current name.  Don't bother sending the standard FS one (apollo and such), just the new ones.  If you can get it to me by tommorow morning (8:00am central(i think it's central)), then I can write them up tommorow at work (I have an easy job:D).

Offline Solatar

Okay, here it is. I didn't include a pic of the Earth thing from TBP, because you all know what that is. I have named all of the ships, though the names may be subject to change. As may the textures.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
This is not the private forum. :D

Thor: I think this is getting too crazy. I think you're talking about the boat like Ticonderoga/Repulse/Leo/thing :confused:

Hades: That update I gave in this thread is the most accurate, and most current one available. I would know.

And you would. :doh: Sorry, guys, I had my memory crossed with a different mod.  This is what I was referring to (scroll down to the first Terran ship).  Sorry I was confusing everybody all up - totally my fault.  Everything makes so much more sense now. :D

Offline Thor

I'll get to work on them then.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

(updated with - probably - final maps.  Worked out quite nicely (althougb it took about 3 hours to do today), and the polycount is reasonably low compared to me first try.  A few little niggles - mainly the leftside of the docking bay - that i can;t figure out a fix for sofar.

EDIT(2) - need to try and fix little warp in bottommost screen, also maybe tweak a bit on the RHS...some niggles to take care of, still.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2002, 10:23:44 am by 181 »

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
:eek2: :eek2: :eek: :eek: ;7
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Solatar

NICE. But I hope those white spots will be gone:D

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Thank you Hades, Thor.  I'm still trying to figure out why you were so opposed to something so small.  I'll write up a Sagi description as soon as I can (work might get in the way.)

I love the look aldo, but there's one problem.  It looks too much like an Orion.  The Sagi was designed and built long before the Orion was even conceptualized, and is much, much smaller (I think I originally set it between 500 - 800 meters or so).  It was also a dedicated carrier, meaning it had a huge fighter bay, which made up the bulk of its look.  Well, that was the original idea, which is why I jumped at Rex's design.  A large fighterbay right through the middle, perfect for scoop/drop and goes in a time before fighters even had intrasystem drives.  Still, a very cool looking ship, it should go very, very far.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
THAT IS ONE KICK-ASS SHIP!

Seriously, keep the Orion style! It doesn't have to be particularly related to the Orion; it's just built in the same way. I'm sure the Hatshepsut wasn't based on the Aten design but it looks similar.

KEEP that ship as it is! Well, actually, you might want to square off the nameplate section... but I love it!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Solatar

Okay, Ryx's carrier is now the Sagittarius, is that okay with you Eishtmo? That new ship will be the Orion's predecessor, the Reliant.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
aldo gets my Royal

[glow=blue] [SIZE=8]KICK ASS[/SIZE] [/glow]

nice, man :yes: :yes: :yes:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Nice! :yes: :yes: :yes:

aldo, are you okay with making that into the Reliant?  The GTD Reliant, the Orion's predecessor...about 1 km long.  As Hades said, we already have a carrier that works well, but your ship would make an awesome destroyer.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Goober5000
Nice! :yes: :yes: :yes:

aldo, are you okay with making that into the Reliant?  The GTD Reliant, the Orion's predecessor...about 1 km long.  As Hades said, we already have a carrier that works well, but your ship would make an awesome destroyer.

s'pose