Author Topic: job opportunities  (Read 24449 times)

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
this is what we need  

modellers

required:
ability to build a mesh that reproduce original starwars and starwars games proportions,
at an excellent detail level (the same of our other models)
with subobjects (lods..thrusters..turrets..)
ability to convert and debug the model

texturers

required:
ability to draw maps at same quality level of the other project artwork
appreciated: photoshop (to share maps between artists..me:p) and ability to uvmap

unwrappers

required:
ability to use lithunwrap or any other unwrapper or to aplly uvspaces manually to uvmap models in a useful way for the texturers
ability to export models from one format to another and finally convert it w/o screwing the models (shadings)

webmaster
i can do that but its too time consuming, so...
required:
good knowledge of html, appreciated flash java scripts
ability to make efficent, nice looking, elegant web interfaces
to maintain the site updated when there is something new

interface artists
they will be led by black wolf
required:
ability to build icons, interface, hud, and put them in game

table editors
more than table editing this part of the job is related on balacing the game,so:
required:
knowledge of the starwarsverse
knowledge and use of the other sw games to import and adapt parameters
(i have a lot of stuff about this, i'll post it when possible but i can't follow at full time this side of the project)

mission editing
well maybe its too soon but i think we may already start building our ideas, and then replace the fs2 models with the sw as soon as they will be ready

public relations
this is another side of the job that i should do...but i never have time to....
required:
knowledge of english
be polite, clear, never be offensive:p, promote our job:)
appreciated: knowledge of both the fs2 and sw (and maybe other) modding communities

goal:
to promote our job with descriptions and screenshots
find new staff members even outside this community
find new already done material and ask permission to use it
a lot of ppl did great sw models for other games...for starlancer, homeworld and star wars games too, to have their help would be great
xwaupgrade unfourtunately doesn't let us use their artwork but they aren't the only one:) i already have  

pof editors
i'm almost a newbie in this nor i have so much time to do it so i usually do a minimal pof editing, galactic emperor so did most of the pof editing but if we find someone to help him in this it wouldn't be so bad i think:)
required: ability to pofediting using pcs, modelview32 and any other tool required accordingly to the swverse

thats all i think...for the moment:)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by KARMA
webmaster
i can do that but its too time consuming, so...
required:
good knowledge of html, appreciated flash java scripts
ability to make efficent, nice looking, elegant web interfaces
to maintain the site updated when there is something new

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
this is what we need  
mission editing
well maybe its too soon but i think we may already start building our ideas, and then replace the fs2 models with the sw as soon as they will be ready

public relations
required:
knowledge of english
be polite, clear, never be offensive:p, promote our job:)
appreciated: knowledge of both the fs2 and sw (and maybe other) modding communities

goal:
to promote our job with descriptions and screenshots
find new staff members even outside this community
find new already done material and ask permission to use it
a lot of ppl did great sw models for other games...for starlancer, homeworld and star wars games too, to have their help would be great
xwaupgrade unfourtunately doesn't let us use their artwork but they aren't the only one:) i already have  

I can do both these things, all you needed to do was ask :). I'm not exactly big in the SW modding communities as Rogue Squadron is the only PC SW flight sim game I own (I am looking for others, though unsuccessfully) but that doesn't mean I can't start cruising new SW forums.

In fact, as GE will tell you, I already started attempting PR, I tried to get the attention of this guy who made low poly SW models, had a Lambda Shuttle and a Millenium Falcon that we could have used, but he never replied to my messages :(.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
You have seen what I can do; meshes, tables and POF editing, FREDding, and some limited interface art. I also know a whole lot about the SW universe and can help with the technical aspects.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Razor

I am a really big Star Wars fan and I have been dying everyday untill this finally came. If you need any help from me, I would be most glad and honored to help out this great project.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
i signed up for the webpage already

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
pof editors
i'm almost a newbie in this nor i have so much time to do it so i usually do a minimal pof editing, galactic emperor so did most of the pof editing but if we find someone to help him in this it wouldn't be so bad i think:)
required: ability to pofediting using pcs, modelview32 and any other tool required accordingly to the swverse

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
You have seen what I can do; meshes, tables and POF editing, FREDding, and some limited interface art. I also know a whole lot about the SW universe and can help with the technical aspects.

I have great info and good offical info too about StarWars, and know all the movies bay heart....... and the Xwing Roge Squadron Comics too. I also can do TBL's and have that Star Wars essential guide to vehicles and vessels book, for all the offical info needed for ships and weapons enegne types and ship history right down to the people who made them.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2002, 02:53:39 pm by 194 »
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
What if you dont have appreciation for flash and java**** because they suck?

but i can do missions... star wars would be fun to do. And like everyone else, tables :)

oh and pof editing, another easy one.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by vadar_1
What if you dont have appreciation for flash and java**** because they suck?

unfortunately your opinion doesn't count... since most people if they could choose having any web-element on their page they'd choose Flash (over PHP i'm sure)

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
actually smartass, all webdevs know the alternative to php in contrast to multimedia is DHTML

edit: and while im on it, stop trying to act so high and mighty. Most sites just use flash for advertisements, or to make games, integration into things like menus is just annoying, because menus are for navigation, not waiting for some motion tween to finish before they can click on a button. Do you see vB using flash? Do you see microsoft using flash? What about google? yahoo!? even the Macromedia homepage only uses it to advertise flash.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2002, 05:46:45 pm by 455 »
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Both of you, cut it out.  I'm not kidding here.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
public relations
required:
knowledge of english
be polite, clear, never be offensive, promote our job

I could do this, unless black already wants to. I'm a big star wars fan (tambien) and I might be able to see if some old star wars clan members could help out in anyway..
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Just a note here: Since this (AFAIK) is a total conversion and not a secretive campaign, can I suggest you take on as many people as come forward to offer their services - even, and especially, if it means you have "duplicate" job descriptions.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
EDIT:  You know, i have about 2 sentences that will make everything you said in your above post look like a real n00b... a big point you've left out, but if i said it not only will the admins get mad because i'm continuing the argument, but you'd probably hack and edit my post, and then screw with my profile even more...

but for the sake of peace, and because Shrike said to stop arguing, i'm going to be the better man and walk away.

if ever you want to hear what i was going to say (there is no comeback to it by the way... it's foolproof) then ICQ me or something.

Otherwise, my offer still stands to be the webmaster.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2002, 08:57:52 pm by 594 »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Stealth: If Karma needs a webmaster besides me and him we'll call you. But I know I'll update as long as there IS something to update. When are you gonna get FTP access to the Port page so you can jazz it up?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
I can do mission editing. I also make models, but I can't LOD to save my life! If you've got people who can lod, I can make the main LOD. I'm sorely tempted to make myself a VSD at some point.........

I can also do 90% of the POF editing, though I suck at paths, mainly because I don't know how they work.

PM me or drop me a line at [email protected] if you're interested.

A-WINGS FOREVER!!!!
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
Originally posted by Sandwich
Just a note here: Since this (AFAIK) is a total conversion and not a secretive campaign, can I suggest you take on as many people as come forward to offer their services - even, and especially, if it means you have "duplicate" job descriptions.

i perfectly agree :)
most if not any ppl proposing himeself will probably be accepted, we'll make a brief dicussion between us and then we'll contact all the guys

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

i perfectly agree :)
most if not any ppl proposing himeself will probably be accepted, we'll make a brief dicussion between us and then we'll contact all the guys

Cool boots.

Stealth: I hope that wasn't a remark to me...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Razor

If this is a total conversion, then you guys are in for a lot of work. How many models, weapons and other art do you have? I heard that Galactic Emperor has the Eclips model.