Author Topic: screenshots  (Read 32612 times)

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
don't worry:)
most of the screens that galactic emperor posted refers to old models built for freespace1, a new ISD is already in development:)

Offline Redfang

Originally posted by KARMA
don't worry:)
most of the screens that galactic emperor posted refers to old models built for freespace1, a new ISD is already in development:)

:yes::yes::yes::p

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo

i'm still stabilizing the mesh + loding it, btw in the next days i will post some in game screens

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
:D - beautiful...just beautiful :D
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Anaz

please excuse me as I pick my jaw up off the floor....
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
This is one of the best quality ports I've ever seen!

The only mistake I've seen in any of this was with the Y-wing: Y-wings don't have concussion missiles, they use proton torps. But eh. :)
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Aren't they interchangable? It can hold 10 Concussions or 8 Protons I thought. :confused:

A-Wing = Sweet :nod:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Originally posted by Knight Templar
Aren't they interchangable? It can hold 10 Concussions or 8 Protons I thought.

Depends whether you follow the films, guide books or the games

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
well seeing as how there wasn't even a mention of Con. missles in the movies.. I was going by the games.

Too Long, Didn't Read

Nice work you guys, I can't wait to play this!

As far as Ion Cannon colors: In Empire Strikes Back the Ion Cannon blasts had a bright yellow head and a magenta tail. It kind of looked like a comment.
The notion that Ion Cannon blasts are blue was invented by the lazy writers and "researchers" at West End Games (sometimes called WEG) and the games opted to use that rather than relying on the canon material.

Most of the official tech guides (The Essential Guide Series, the The SW Technical Journal, and various RPG material) just makes stuff up without bothering to look at the films or consult the notes of the model makers, who almost always wrote notes down about size.

A couple of well-educated fans have taken it upon themselves to thoroughly research this stuff and produce accurate results. Many of these sites also have extensive lists of weapons and ships. Here are a few sites I use:

The Star Wars Technical Commentaries by Dr. Curtis Saxton. This guy went on to write the Star Wars: Episode II: Incredible Cross-sections. He is also a working theoretical astrophysicst. Some of the stuff yall might enjoy most are:
-An extensive listing of Imperial captial ships from all the various official material. This will help you flesh out the Imperial fleet with more than just ISD's and VSD's.
-A complete listing of all Mon Calamri vessels. Good for the same reasons.
-Size analysis of the Super Star Destroyers and the Death Star. Using notes from the model makers and designers, as well as analyzing images of the films and comparing them to other ships, he concludes that the SSD is actually closer to 16km in length, not 8 and that the first death star is around 100 miles in diamater (160km) and that the DS2 is somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 miles (800km) in diamater.

Star Destroyer.Net: By Mike Wong. Contains a turbolaser analysis which gives you some ideas of how powerful SW weapons are, as well as their charactersics (turbolaser blasts explode after a set distance, they have KE, etc.) as well as his Trek vs. Wars page, which has lots of info on the hyperspace and sublight speed capabilites of SW vessels, as well as other technology such as jamming, inderdiction fields, and so on.

Bob Brown's Star Wars Discussions: An extensive essay on lightsabres as well as discussions on starship design, and various other Star Wars related discussions. By Dr. Bob Brown.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
We're well aware of those websites. :) Thanks.

Saxton worked on Ep. II cross sections? Wow...
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Saxton worked on Ep. II cross sections? Wow...

Yeah, hence all the energy figures for weapons and speed figures for the ships.

You guys bring the best Sci-Fi Universe to the Best Sci-Fi Space Fighter Game
Well, exclamation aside, I am truly amazed at what you guys continue to do unabated. I wish my skills in this game were of any importance, so that I could help you some, in any possible way. As it is right now, well, I can only listen, learn, observe and experiment with FRED. Hope I will get better soon, so I will take my time to be.

Anyways, keep up the good work, as it is appreciated by a WORLD of people.

(a little less than a galaxy, I am afraid, but still it is a good crowd)

:yes:
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Quick Someone man the Welcome Beam!!!!!

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Ask and you shall recieve..

Too Long, Didn't Read

I have some early presents ;)
The Imperial Missile Cruiser, the Swacs. Other stuff probably comming but I am falling asleep. I've been a very busy boy...

If you want screens go have a laugh at my web album (off homepage link) the IMC is like 10 times bigger than a SSD. That ain't right! LOL but I got it in game and textured so if you guys can edit it down t correct size and do the pof editing I'm sure it's more than useable! Same for the Swacs. It's just as big butis supposed to be bomber/small curiser size,not like 10,000,000 meters across!

[EDit]  Some  hours later and started working on the X-wing variants. The DragonsHeart is in. The snub-nosed bomber with the square rocket pods.

Seems to be the same problem. I can get 40% of the ships in game (with textures) BUT they get blown up to MASSIVE size...

Like earlier. It's pof'ed and textures in .PCX but if someone wants them in .cob  or .3DS let me know ;) I'm just trying to do my part (and getting more practice at the same time! Some of these ships are cute!)

[re-edit] Tie Vanguard done, Imperial Gunboat done.
 Dominator SD and Emperor's Fortress crashed in PCS.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2002, 12:29:50 pm by 622 »
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Grey Wolf

*me hugs his X-Wing (the good one)*

Hey, I'm sure you other guys are proud of your best models! :p
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Sorry if I am a little off but if I keep screwing with them for exact size sometimes PCS crashes and corrupts the file!

These are the ones ready for finishing: (look good in game)

Dragons Heart/Imp Gunboat/Imperial Missile Cruiser/Gauntlet(might need re-texturing)/SW version of The Dragon/...

SSD still too big.

Vwing textured but got screwed.

Still have to re-size Tie Vanguard

Here are some pics:

Of course I'm doing this for me as well, but if you guys are not interested in them then PLEASE let me know cause I'll put this on the back burner and go back to other stuff for my mod (A coincidence got me stated on SW stuff so I went with it and got on a rool this weekend)...

[Edit] Joy - Got Tie Advanced in game and perfect size:

[Re-edit] For you BlackWolf, Need hanger get hangar...
MC40a Light Missile Cruiser with room for 10 wings (I think)

Can't seem t find any other Capships that will convert, will try more fighter and stuff next weekend... NIGHT!!!

ok screw sleep. I got my toy and work is still 17 hours away.. Someone just mentioned diplomacy. Here's Sith Courier: Like Darth Sidious dosen't have E-mail :rolleyes:

[BTW - BW, these ARE converted opts! Permission is granted as modding not for profit  :blah: :blah: :blah: But there are some with read me's that need official listing in credits if used, all others just mention the 4 or 5 sites they came from (Darksaber's Opts & XWA_Upgrade mostly)... NP
« Last Edit: December 09, 2002, 02:57:10 am by 622 »
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
:eek2: KARMA! Get in here!
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp