Author Topic: Gargant V2  (Read 32839 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Shrike
I hope so.  Why put some ridiculous 40km warship in?  It's just silly. :doubt:

Bah it's not ridiculous :p :p

Anyway you've known about this ship for a very long time so why only complain now?

Actually you probably won't be able to use the cheats on it, since I'll make the Gargants destruction a failure of the mission :D

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Originally posted by Razor
First of all it is no joke. Sorry. :p Second, Inferno has cutting egde ships including massive 40km ones. Don't worry, you haven't seen anything yet. The true Horror comes in ******* * I think :drevil:
'Cutting edge'?  Interesting way of describing them.  Not what I'd use myself.....

Originally posted by Woomeister
Bah it's not ridiculous :p :p

Anyway you've known about this ship for a very long time so why only complain now?
Because I have an opportunity?  ;)

I don't care if you put them in, why would I?  I just think the entire concept of superduperhugemasivebrobdingnabian ships is silly.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
'Cutting edge'?  Interesting way of describing them.  Not what I'd use myself.....

I'd say more powerful than their FS2 counterparts... Phobos Corvette owns :D

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
I'd say more powerful than their FS2 counterparts... Phobos Corvette owns :D
Isn't that the whole point of Inferno?  Everything is bigger and more blowey-upy?
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Originally posted by Razor

The true Horror comes in ******* * I think :drevil:
Inferno 2?

Offline J.F.K.

I hope so.  Why put some ridiculous 40km warship in?  It's just silly. :doubt:

And geez, Gargant?  Waaaaaay too much 40k for your own good.

Maybe it's just me, but you're an admin here, correct? And Inferno looks to be one of your biggest and most promising projects. Go ahead and sue me, but let me tell you, it doesn't seem like it makes much sense... what, completely and irredeemably criticising your best projects like this. Maybe it's just my silly idea of PR, but hey.
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
oh that's just shrike's way of saying he loves you.

He's like the surly groundskeeper anyways... old.. senile..grumpy.. hasn't had his diaper changed in longer than any of us can remember. Whataya gonna do? :doubt:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
Actually you probably won't be able to use the cheats on it, since I'll make the Gargants destruction a failure of the mission :D

aww crap :doubt:

inferno is folloing the _V_ tactics blow everything up at least once
I hate My signature!

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Knight Templar
oh that's just shrike's way of saying he loves you.

Heheh, okay, I'll take your word for it. ;)
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Ashrak
inferno is folloing the _V_ tactics blow everything up at least once

Nah, a few things won't be blown up.

Offline Edwin

i just had a think.

Instead of making everything in inferno really and trully Gigantinormous, scale it all down so the files can be smaller and not blow the crap out of peoples computers.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Gargant is just over 2k polys now with the turrets.

Changing the size doesn't matter, it's the polycount and texture sizes that slow things down.

Even on my 650 MHz machine the only major slowdown I get is with the Sol gate, which is nearly 3k in polycount, and usually has a fleet in the mission too.

Offline Razor

I agree. Although I didn't test the Sol Gate in game but I know that Gargant doesn't slow my PC at all. That was on the old one (450/128) on the new one....(2,4G/256) :drevil:

Offline Razor

By the way, speaking of Gargant, I just made this little render here.
Please don't flame me if it sucks. :nervous:

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
Doesn't suck. :nod:

But there is a difference between dark and too dark.
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I can see it fine.

Offline Razor

I don't think it is dark SkyNET, maybe you should adjust brightness on your graphic crad or monitor.

Offline Fetty

u defnetly need the darkness on thsone ;) :nervous:

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
HOLY ****! That thing IS huge and mean.....

Wonder how it would stand up against the Iowa? The Iowa can take out 4 Stahs (at once), but THIS......Lord, you would need a collossus-sized nuclear missile to take out that thing!!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Edwin

Originally posted by TrashMan
HOLY ****! you would need a collossus-sized nuclear missile to take out that thing!!

that thing is 30-50 time the size of collusus. that would be like trying to kill someone with some gunpowder on a fly swatter...

Cool pic though, i think all (combat) ships should be about that dark.  It makes it more real.  I mean, come  on, a bright red/yellow/green/blue/whatever ship is NOT something to fight with.  WAY to visible.