Author Topic: Gargant V2  (Read 32837 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by TrashMan
Wonder how it would stand up against the Iowa? The Iowa can take out 4 Stahs (at once)

Never heard of the Iowa

Well the Gargant can take out most ships in a matter of seconds/minutes, taking no/little damage.

Offline Razor

Originally posted by TrashMan
HOLY ****! That thing IS huge and mean.....

Yes ;7 But I also wanted to alter textures a bit and add lights to make it more evil. :drevil: ;7

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Originally posted by J.F.K.
Maybe it's just me, but you're an admin here, correct? And Inferno looks to be one of your biggest and most promising projects. Go ahead and sue me, but let me tell you, it doesn't seem like it makes much sense... what, completely and irredeemably criticising your best projects like this. Maybe it's just my silly idea of PR, but hey.
Why?  Should I be nothing but a walking mouth spewing forth advertisements?  I never said the Inferno team should change it.  I merely consider the entire idea of super-ginormous ships that are giant simply for the sake of being giant to be silly and said as much.  I am as entitled to my opinion as anyone else here.

Originally posted by Knight Templar
oh that's just shrike's way of saying he loves you.

He's like the surly groundskeeper anyways... old.. senile..grumpy.. hasn't had his diaper changed in longer than any of us can remember. Whataya gonna do? :doubt:
You're soooo funny.  If I wanted to complement the team on something they did well, I would.  But if I have an opinion on the matter I'll say it.  As opposed to some people I don't mindlessly hand out accolades, I prefer to reserve that for stuff that in my opinion deserves it.  The Inferno team has done an excellent job in getting all their ships together, modelled and so forth, I simply think some of the choices they made as to what to put those ships in as were a bit excessive.

Especially when you consider that much of the Inferno press has revolved around the oversized vessels that will see light in it and not nearly so much around the actual ships you'll be flying in/against such as fighters and cruisers and so on, you can see why I think they're focussing too much on the 'mobile background', at least publically.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
Inferno also has larger fighters, Shrike.

Think of it as just scaled up.  :nod:
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
Once again, big for big's sake.  I simply see little point in it.  There's nothing wrong with oversized vessels if they play an important role in the story, but I'm just seeing a case of continuing one-upsmanship in size without a good reason.  And damn, the Colossus at 6km was big enough!

Oh well, whatever..... at least they've got smaller vessels now, I remember when there was a big gap between the fighters and the uberships. ;)

Which reminds me, I gotta see if they have the latest Alcyone build, the screenshot they have is an older one.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
i would enjoy a deimos with the firepower of a sath ;)
I hate My signature!

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
But, in all seriousness, why?  Sure it'd be funny, but what's the point?  "Yay, I have a ship that can destroy everything, I'm so cool!  Now, what should I do... I know, blow stuff up!"

Offline Edwin

shrike has got a point there.

Offline LAM3O

It'a big because that's what the modder wants in the universe he created, no other explanation needed.  And i think they are very cool, and probably what volition would have done in freespace 3.  

You can't please everyone and i'm happy Woomeister doesn't waver to people's ideas of what his creation should be.

Offline Fetty

hes just obsessed with size give him a break ;) :D

i like my woomeister as he is :)

:nervous:

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Shrike
Why?  Should I be nothing but a walking mouth spewing forth advertisements?  I never said the Inferno team should change it.  I merely consider the entire idea of super-ginormous ships that are giant simply for the sake of being giant to be silly and said as much.  I am as entitled to my opinion as anyone else here.

Especially when you consider that much of the Inferno press has revolved around the oversized vessels that will see light in it and not nearly so much around the actual ships you'll be flying in/against such as fighters and cruisers and so on, you can see why I think they're focussing too much on the 'mobile background', at least publically.

Yes, I'm clear on that. Of course you're entitled to your opinion... more so than anyone else if you chose to push that. But I just think that there are better ways of communicating that opinion to your teams. You bring up excellent points - I too am not too sure about how much it would add to my mission if the nebula background wasn't just a nebula, it was in fact an enormous Shivan vessel which will be destroyed by some other enormous vessel - but if you want to improve these projects, and I think everyone does, maybe you ought to spin your words more gently. I know you'll be saying exactly the same thing in the end, but it just makes it easier for people to accept advice. It's surprising how difficult it is to take advice, however much sense it makes, if the person giving it makes it hard to swallow your words and turn back on what they've said and planned.
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
The thing is, I'm not asking Inferno to change, and I don't want them to change on my account.  It's their story.  I don't mind if people have criticism of my work as long as they can back it up with an explanation of why.  I hope that the Inferno guys are the same and this is merely me providing my opinion on the subject as a whole and not a plea/order/request for them to change their campaign one iota.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Especially when you consider that much of the Inferno press has revolved around the oversized vessels that will see light in it and not nearly so much around the actual ships you'll be flying in/against such as fighters and cruisers and so on

That's because no-one asks about them, I'd be happy to give more shots of the Phobos, Alcyone, Notus, Jotun, Alves, Cyone etc, but no-one really asks for them. The only reason I started this Gargant topic is because the ship had a major upgrade from the original version.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by SKYNET-011
Inferno also has larger fighters, Shrike.

Think of it as just scaled up.  :nod:

Actually they're about the same size as the standard fs2 fighters...except the Chaos...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Oh well, whatever..... at least they've got smaller vessels now, I remember when there was a big gap between the fighters and the uberships. ;)

Which reminds me, I gotta see if they have the latest Alcyone build, the screenshot they have is an older one.

The gap was bomber-corvette, we lacked cruisers at that time. We know have a few, if I had more table space, I'd put a few more in.

Originally posted by Ashrak
i would enjoy a deimos with the firepower of a sath

Heh even we don't go that far, that would be just silly.

Originally posted by LAM3O
You can't please everyone and i'm happy Woomeister doesn't waver to people's ideas of what his creation should be.

:nod:

Originally posted by Fetty
hes just obsessed with size give him a break

:lol:
Actually I only made 1 of those ships.

The only ships I really like bulky and large are bombers, that's why I like the Jotun/Notus so much :)

The thing is, I'm not asking Inferno to change, and I don't want them to change on my account. It's their story. I don't mind if people have criticism of my work as long as they can back it up with an explanation of why. I hope that the Inferno guys are the same and this is merely me providing my opinion on the subject as a whole and not a plea/order/request for them to change their campaign one iota.

Yeah no problem :)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Originally posted by Woomeister

Never heard of the Iowa

Well the Gargant can take out most ships in a matter of seconds/minutes, taking no/little damage.

THIS is the Iowa (note: old pictures)

www.inet.hr/~tstanici/Files/gtvbsiow.htm
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Ah I remember that ship :)

has 250000 more hp than the 11km Vinaashak. Might last a minute or so.

Offline J.F.K.

The thing is, I'm not asking Inferno to change, and I don't want them to change on my account.  It's their story.  I don't mind if people have criticism of my work as long as they can back it up with an explanation of why.  I hope that the Inferno guys are the same and this is merely me providing my opinion on the subject as a whole and not a plea/order/request for them to change their campaign one iota.

Ah, that makes good sense. Point taken.
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Fetty

actualy im asking woo to change things :D :rolleyes:

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
woo post some pics of the corvettes in inferno pliz ;)
I hate My signature!