Author Topic: Plan for 3.6  (Read 19237 times)

Offline J3Vr6

True, it would be great for multiplayer.  Also, make it only fit lightly armored ships.   I don't know how hard it would be for this, but some sort of warning to the other ships that  one of theirs is "painted" (kind of like startcraft I guess). I can see how fun it would be, where you're painting the target and getting creamed while you're *****ing to your team mates to hurry their butts off and drop the bombs before you're made dust by the enemy.  Or hiding behind that asteroid, just hoping the other guys don't find you...
"I wanna drink til I'm drunk, and smoke til I'm senseless..."
-Tricky

"Hey barkeep, who's leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"
-Brian, Family Guy

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Originally posted by J3Vr6
How about some sort of beam type of weapon, where you have to keep the target painted with the beam until the missiles hit.  The beam won't do any damage, it just basically calls in the strike to that target.

(the sound of ZylonBane's brain exploding)
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
:nervous: *looks around at bits of brain meat splattered on the forum walls* :ick

In case you are wondering how it is that you have managed to murder ZylonBane, J3Vr6, I'll tell you.  The weapon you desribe already exists in the standard FS2 tables.  It is called the Targetting Laser.  It was never used in the main FS2 campaign, but it is there.  One need only make it an allowed weapon in a fighter's ships.tbl entry (and maybe fiddle with the ssm.tbl) to use it.

*Leaves area quickly and tries thinking about bunnies, as he can feel his own brain threatening to burst.*
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline J3Vr6

Ahhhhh, that would explain the mess :eek:

Well I learn something new everyday.

Need help scooping up, Zylon?
"I wanna drink til I'm drunk, and smoke til I'm senseless..."
-Tricky

"Hey barkeep, who's leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"
-Brian, Family Guy

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
you know tag 3's summon an SSM strike,
I realy should look into getting that tactical and teritary weapons system implemented, does anyone want to play with the mission UI stuff (ie does anyone want to suffer a form of turture that I would not condone even on an Al Quada prisoner)
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Bobboau
I realy should look into getting that tactical and teritary weapons system implemented

Eh?  What's that?

err... me thinks this just to mess with to see a reaction from the comunity... theres alot of things here that need addressing (which already has done by alot of the beta testers), also, its missing FRED2_open3.5 (for example if it was real). so u know i thinks that for not these r good works and just need to be focused on. make all ur advancements work right next time...

also did u guys fix the secondary loadout issue?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Working on it.  When the bugs are fixed (there are only a few left, including part of the secondary loadout issue) then we'll release it, along with fred2_open 3.5.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Eh? What's that?

that is something I havn't touched yet, and won't untill the current problems are sorted out, but the idea was to add a few things to the weapons selection, such as a tactical system wich could be enhansed sensors or a targeting laser or something like that, and another weapon type wich would basicly be like counter measures and mines and defensive drones and decoys
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
defensive drones... well for OTT I just made ships (you haven't seen those, don't search ) that guards a target and pretend they're AI controled. Not that I had much choice :p
SCREW CANON!

Another idea. Would it be possible to add Star Names?
Look at this picture

http://ifh.firstones.com/iB_html/uploads/post-1-12013-Shot10.jpg

and you will know what I mean.
It is taken off a freeware game. I can post details if you want.

I also posted about this on SEXPS! thread. I don't know where really this belongs, so I am posting here as well!

There is a proposition of creating a skybox, which means that you will have a "CHANGEABLE" sky.

--> My biggest problem in ANY space game was the greatest difficulty to ACTUALLY understand where I am or where I am heading.

Example. I am defending a transport from incoming bomber wings. A certain wing is launching bombs. I have to nail them. How? I don't know which bomber, and I really can't tell just who has launched what.

--> Imagine an alternate scenario, now. Something like: "Missile launch, Eta Centauri direction", Then I would turn starnames on, find the launch position, and direct myself to them.

That is what ALL space games needs. REFERENCES.

This could be the answer to all those questions.

->When Skybox is enabled Show_Star_names can follow. ( I don't know if you can do this now) or how, I am just asking.
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

I think the best implementation would be to have a button, turning them on/off. It could get nauseating after a while. Like a GPS. You switch it on, take your bearings, and you switch it off.

Has to be implemented in FRED, tho, and I think it REALLY needs some skybox code in.

What do you think?
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Originally posted by ZylonBane
You can already do this. Just make a torpedo-shaped "fighter", then order it to kamikaze whatever capship you want.

NO![/b]

I don't want to have to FRED in EVERY SINGLE TORPEDO that would be used in the mission. You and I both know that too many ships in a mission crash FRED.
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Killfrenzy

NO!

I don't want to have to FRED in EVERY SINGLE TORPEDO that would be used in the mission. You and I both know that too many ships in a mission crash FRED. [/B]

as I said, just make turrets which shoot very big missiles, because, heh, torpedoes are very big missiles.
SCREW CANON!

Offline J.F.K.

Could you not make a torpedo out of the current missile weapons capships have? The Leviathan, I think it is, shoots these streams of boring missiles at any other capships in the area. Couldn't these be adapted?
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Originally posted by Killfrenzy
I don't want to have to FRED in EVERY SINGLE TORPEDO that would be used in the mission. You and I both know that too many ships in a mission crash FRED.
*cough*  Does "Wings -> # of Waves" ring a bell?
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Interceptors from Babylon 5 for TBP. Must... have...

To make them work, turret AI would have to know how to target enemy fire and try to shoot (once) at each glowing goo blob (also known as 'laser' shot :p). In B5 universe they also reduce the damage from beams, don't know how that would be implemented... But stopping turret and fighter fire alone would be utterly cool already. After that I believe you'd just need to make a weapon that fires models at them, thus intercepting them. TBP would benefit from this substantially!
Comments, improvements, suggestions?
The nick is not a typo, it's a pun.

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Originally posted by ZylonBane
*cough*  Does "Wings -> # of Waves" ring a bell?

Yes, bit it won't apply in this case. It means creating a wing, initiating sexps to control the 'firing' and quite simply if you're doing a complicated mission, you don't want to choreograph every single salvo.
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
##### FS2NetD Client #####

i have most of the code written for it already.. see the freaking thread
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline JC Denton

• Node For Me
Something to glitz the beams:  texture panning.  And have a value in the tables under each beam segment that controls how fast it pans, 0 being no panning.  If the pan entry isn't there, assume that the segment doesn't pan.
"I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."  - Gene Roddenberry

"Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few." - George Bernard Shaw