Author Topic: Plan for 3.6  (Read 19108 times)

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Goober5000
Bleh, capship torpedoes are already possible.  Think the Fusion Mortar on the Fenris. :nod:

I already said that, no-one listened :(
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
If a capship has 3 dock points, as far as I recall, he can only be docked with one ship? Why not more?
And COLLISION DAMAGE should be massive.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Yes. like in the XWing games. If you fly into a large ship you are destryoed, and if you collide with another fighter you are thrown around.

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
Originally posted by TrashMan
If a capship has 3 dock points, as far as I recall, he can only be docked with one ship? Why not more?
And COLLISION DAMAGE should be massive.

I've always wondered why the fighters I ram never take damage when I do. They should hurt too.
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Originally posted by deep_eyes
i one time took the helios torpedo itself, and made it for a deimos corvette, had to tweak the table itself to get the desired effect, faster movement, including AI, dodging abilities (experimental, failed-maybe sourceable?), but all in all it got the job done.

Could I have a copy of that table entry? Either PM me or drop it off to my email:

[email protected]
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
OK, some stuff (mainly for TI, but I'm sure if we need it, then others must as well, for various reasons)

- More species! Even if it's just a fourth spot for the briefing icons - in fact, that's really all I'm asking. Any other species stuff would be great (diff colours in FRED, etc.) but a fourth slot for each briefing icon is the most important.

- Layered mission backgrounds (just add an overlay checkbox in FRED - this would only give you two layers, but that'd be enough for planetary rings, moons over planets (as opposed to offset as they must be now), planets at dawn, etc.)

- More control over weapons animations - primary/secondary impact animations defined by the ship (overriding weapon impact anis from weapons.tbl) - multiple, definable shockwaves.

There's probably more I haven't thought of - will add to the list if I think of any more.

Out of all these though, the first is definitely the most important.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
How's about my ideas for in-engine cutscenes?

I know there are already some set-ship-pos and ship-look-at sexps, but how about a hud-toggle?

Oh, and does ship-look-at have to point at another ship, or just a point in space?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
By the way, the alt-name change does not seem to be working, at least in fred2_open 3.41; it still says that the limit is 10.

I thought of one other thing that should be easy to add in: the capability to add entries into species.tbl for the tech room intel area. This would be good for campaigns that contain new factions and so on. (unless it has already been done, of course)

If you do that and the mission-specific hitpoint thing I posted about earlier, I will be one very happy person. :D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 02:45:28 pm by 296 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by CP5670
By the way, the alt-name change does not seem to be working, at least in fred2_open 3.41; it still says that the limit is 10.

There should be a FRED 3.5 somewhere.  Download that. :nod:

I thought of one other thing that should be easy to add in: the capability to add entries into species.tbl for the tech room intel area. This would be good for campaigns that contain new factions and so on. (unless it has already been done, of course)

Already been done. :nod:

Originally posted by Petrarch of the VBB
How's about my ideas for in-engine cutscenes?

You can basically do cutscenes now. :nod: You can skip both briefing and debriefing.  You can play music.  You can set ship position and heading (towards any point, in space or facing a ship).  All that's missing is hud-toggle.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
There should be a FRED 3.5 somewhere.  Download that. :nod:

The version on the SCP website seems to be 3.41; where do I get the new one?

Already been done. :nod:

ah okay, never mind that then. :D

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Linkies no workie.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You were too quick. :p Try now.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
hmm...it is giving me a load of parser errors every time I start it up with my modified tables (it will not read the "in_tech_database" or "player allowed" flags in the tables and complains every time it sees an instance of one) and evetually just quits with an illegal operation error. However, fs2_open 3.51 and the fred2_open 3.41 work fine with those tables, so I am not sure what is going on here.

It works with the normal tables, but brings up an extra window on startup called "debug spew" that contains something that looks like a loading log.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, that's interesting. :wtf: Somehow somebody uploaded a debug build to the site instead of a release build.

Since I don't have a version, try this unofficial one.  (It's the most up-to-date, btw, complete with texture replacement support. :p)

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/fred2_open_unofficial.exe

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
That one works perfectly; thanks a lot. :) That texture replacement thing looks interesting; should be able to make some pretty bizarre effects with that... :D

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
*insert entire ross128 wishlist here*
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
were did that thing ever go off to anyway
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Bobboau
were did that thing ever go off to anyway

As a random guess, either the Internet Archives or perhaps Google's cache?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline J.F.K.

[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]