GTF Loki
1 (1.5%)
GTF Ulysses
2 (3%)
Other (specify)
9 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: March 10, 2003, 01:06:21 pm

Author Topic: "Incoming poll signature, hostile configuration!"  (Read 17155 times)

Offline LAM3O

"Incoming poll signature, hostile configuration!"
Apollo. The best i've ever seen is that Raziel, was that one ever released or is venom2506 still holding on to it?

I'd go with the Erinyes. I enjoy gun kills a lot, and having 8 of em is probably the coolest thing ever. Sad it didn't have stealth......

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by LAM3O
Apollo. The best i've ever seen is that Raziel, was that one ever released or is venom2506 still holding on to it?

I keep my baby in the hangar for now ;)
my favourite one, since you didn't specify either fs1 or 2, will be the valkyrie :)
SCREW CANON!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Originally posted by RangerKarl
I'd go with the Erinyes. I enjoy gun kills a lot, and having 8 of em is probably the coolest thing ever. Sad it didn't have stealth......

stick a pair a kaysers in 'em and you'll be able to shred any bomber's shields in no time at all
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Raptor

Out of the 'Standard' V ships, then its the Hercules, MK 1;)

Quad gun bank, backed up with a dual bank, is the most flexible for me.

Add in missile banks that can hold even large warheads, heavy armour and shielding, and I'm away!

Athena comes second, which is why, when I made my new 'Elite Heavy Fighter', The Athena was the basis..;7

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/raptorsnest/AI.html
(copy, paste, etc)

After that, errrrrr, Pegasus.  Yes you have very thin armour, but when your foes can't lock missiles on to you, and you can sneak up behind them...;7
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by RangerKarl

Have you seen the NTF Ragnarok?

Six gunpoints, excellent manouverability, and stealth. Small weapons loadout and thin armor though.

As for me? Myrmidon, all the way. It's so versatile! Quad Kaysers backed up with Subachs so I can keep firing and let my weapons recharge- -Tornado, Treb and Helios let me take down anything large or small- -faster and lighter than the Erinyes or Ares, but tougher than the Perseus and nearly as fast.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Don't mean to offend you but that thing is butt ugly :doubt: Too bulky...

And no way in hell can that thing have excellent manouverability.

Six gunpoints
small loadout

:doubt: Those 2 don't mix very well...

Six gunpoints, excellent engines + stealth would result in a core breakdown due to excessive power outage :p
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by ZylonBane
My favorite is the one I use to strafe newbs who start polls.

'Tis best to nip this tendency in the bud, lest we get another rash of poll-spamming.

*glares*

Quit the newb bashing. Thank you.

Originally posted by beatspete
Myrm.  6 gun points are better than 4...

Erinyes. 8 gun points are better than 6. And when they are all concentrated in one area, as opposed to being spread out (Tauret, anyone?), all your shots hit. Load it up with Kaysers and Maxim cannon, and screw the secondary loadout - no need for it. Not the way I prefer to fly. ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Have you seen the NTF Ragnarok?

w00+ PH34R TEH U83R L0K1!!!!!!1

*ahem*

Anyway, my favourite ship --> my 'custom' Perseus ;7

That thing looks like a box with a cockpit......

Anyway, what I'd really like for a mod ship is......(macross mode coming on..)

A fully transformable, high-speed, stealthed, VF-22S Sturmvogel II VF, complete with double gunpods, arm and head lasers, and a full complement of micro and long-range missiles!

(told you this would happen......)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
something like that?

sorry, that's just the yf21, guess you're not interested in that one .
" leaves the thread with an evil laugh "
SCREW CANON!

Offline Lonestar

• Fred Zone Guru
    • United Gamers Coalition
Originally posted by venom2506

I keep my baby in the hangar for now ;)
my favourite one, since you didn't specify either fs1 or 2, will be the valkyrie :)

He did say Playable ship. Since the Valkyrie was Retired before FS2, that selection is invalid hehehe

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
Ragnarok-:yes:

That thing looks like a box with a cockpit......

But it's a very good box. :nod:
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Turnsky

stick a pair a kaysers in 'em and you'll be able to shred any bomber's shields in no time at all

Also, your tiny energy banks will run dry in no time at all.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Sandwich

*glares*

Quit the newb bashing. Thank you.

Erinyes. 8 gun points are better than 6. And when they are all concentrated in one area, as opposed to being spread out (Tauret, anyone?), all your shots hit. Load it up with Kaysers and Maxim cannon, and screw the secondary loadout - no need for it. Not the way I prefer to fly. ;)

The problem is that when you have to attack said Tauret in an Erinyes, all the guns are laid out horizontally, causing your shots to go over or under the bogey, and this is exacerbated in the Erinyes because the gun mounts are all under the fuselage, so that you consistently undershoot thin targets. Ares 1, Erinyes 0.  As for secondaries, I can't stand being without a large load of secondaries, and IIRC the Ares can hold 72 Harpoons. Ares 2, Erinyes 0. Also, the Ares has larger energy reserves so you can keep blazing away. Ares 3, Erinyes 0. Not to mention the Erinyes has weaker shields and hull. Ares 4, Erinyes 0.

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The Ares handles like a potato. :p
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
The Ares handles like a potato. :p

The Erinyes is no Dragon either, and I'd trade handling and speed for the ability to fire double Kaysers for a while, carry 72 Harpoons, and take a beating and still keep going. If you don't share my philosophy, see what happens to your Perseus or Loki when a heavy fighter pilot sends double Harpoons or Trebuchets up your ass.

--General Battuta

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by Woolie Wool

The Erinyes is no Dragon either, and I'd trade handling and speed for the ability to fire double Kaysers for a while, carry 72 Harpoons, and take a beating and still keep going. If you don't share my philosophy, see what happens to your Perseus or Loki when a heavy fighter pilot sends double Harpoons or Trebuchets up your ass.

Eh... press "X" and DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!

Or do the "Use capship as shield" - manouver.
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
No I mean, let the Harpoons go up your engines and see what happens. Bye-bye Perseus!

I dislike the Perseus because it is too fragile and playing the single-player campaign where it was used as a bomber/bomb interceptor causes vivid memories of desperately trying to take out incoming bombs to pop into my mind whenever I fly a Perseus. Maybe the GTVA should equip all of its interceptors with signs that read "OVER HERE YOU STUPID SON OF A COCKROACH" in Shivan so that the bomber pilots get mad and engage the interceptors to make the interceptors' job nice and easy.

--General Battuta

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Originally posted by Darkage
load it with 2 Kayser banks.

What. Is. The. Point?

You just get a lower fire-rate, always have one bank of maxims, and then you can take out cruisers from 3 Km away.