Author Topic: For CP  (Read 18408 times)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
:mad: What IS IT ??!!!:confused:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
is that one number or just a part of some number? I don't recognize it at all. :p The only constants I know about are all from analysis or number theory, which are almost all between -1 and 4.

but from the remarks here it looks like it might be some encoded text.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
Perhaps it has something to do with Stryke 9's "Complete text of David Copperfield" post?

Aha! So that's what it is.:nod:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Maeg: Actually, the original point was to see if CP could stand up to a rather severe math geek challenge. I figured he'd appreciate it. And then they had to go and tempt me...

CP: It's all one number. It was broken up into lines where I got it, and I just copy/pasted, so the formatting's unfortunately off. It's not a constant, but it's a famous enough number for now...

Cool, I broke the forum? I feel so powerful...

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
[Interpolates Sequencial Matrix for Two Hours, Sighs, and Says:]

"I need a map!" :p

some code that hasn't been cracked?
or a super encryption key?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I guess you guys didn't get my first reply.

[Calling John Nash...]

Offline Nuclear1

Close the thread... my poor net conn can't handle such a long post...
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Originally posted by nuclear1
Close the thread... my poor net conn can't handle such a long post...

Then don't load the thread? :wtf:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

well its 68kb as a txt file, so the number would be the same amount of HTML.

"Your cynicism appauls me Collosus - I have ten thousand officers and crew willing to die for pants !"

"Go to red alert!"
"Are you sure sir? It does mean changing the bulb"

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
for an instant I thought "godel numbering?" but then I figured you weren't dealing with predicate calculus :p I have a feeling it's similar though.
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
It's the Lady in Red, right? :rolleyes: Stryke, I thought we dealt with you and your pr0n posting on the forums. :doubt:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
By god. It can't be Graham's Number, but surely it can't be far off!:D

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Graham's number?

Too Long, Didn't Read

• Koala-monkey
Yeah, it's 3^3^3^3^3^3 more times than you can concieve.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Oh.. well KT has a number like that. Just add 17 to it.

Too Long, Didn't Read

• Koala-monkey
You'll have to ask CP about Graham's Number, I can't explain it well at all.

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Petrarch of the VBB
You'll have to ask CP about Graham's Number,

Like he'll bother. :doubt:
Oh and Stryke, I see you have an ability to randomly type numbers on your keyboard. :) Good show! :yes:

Spoiler:
If i were an admin, I would declare this as SPAM and would slam a big nasty CLOSE icon on it. Hmm...if only I could.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Originally posted by Razor

Like he'll bother. :doubt:
Oh and Stryke, I see you have an ability to randomly type numbers on your keyboard. :) Good show! :yes:

Spoiler:
If i were an admin, I would declare this as SPAM and would slam a big nasty CLOSE icon on it. Hmm...if only I could [/B]

Spoiler:
but you wouldn't do that. You looooove spaming ;7

besides, it's Stryke's trade mark. You should know by now...

Too Long, Didn't Read