Author Topic: What's wrong with this picture?  (Read 3280 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
What's wrong with this picture?

Grabbed it from here  BTW
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Raptor

Is it the FS1 style background nebula?
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Yeah - the site's about Downloading the demo, but I always thought the demo was final version FS2, therefore using FS2 style BGs?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
tere was a demo, probably before the backrounds had been chnged...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Isn't that the FS1 HUD, as well?

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Huh? Hows the FS1 background style different than the FS2 style? Anyways, it looks pretty good to me, so maybe someone ought to do the FS1 stlye (whatever that is) in FS2

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
fs1 had 3 patterns and 3-4 colours to chose from, and the backrounds could not be positioned to easily... FS2 you choose your own backrounds... and yes, that is the FS1 hud, the FS2 ones have thinner lines..

AHTW

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
He's right - there was a purple, red, green, blue and amber background nebula IIRC - they couldn't be altered - FS2s code was altered so that background .tga files could be used for whatever purpose (hence the vastly more colourful nebula).

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Thunder said im right...:p  But you can still change the Bank Pitch nd Heading, but no one ever does because it doesn't matter since you cant make anything useful out of them...

Colors are asd follows
  • Red
  • Blue
  • Gold
  • Purple
  • Maroon
  • Green
  • Grey-Blue
  • Violet
  • Grey-Green

Most of the colors look the same anyway...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 08:13:07 am by 681 »

AHTW

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Originally posted by Hippo
Thunder said im right...:p  But you can still change the Bank Pitch nd Heading, but no one ever does because it doesn't matter since you cant make anything useful out of them...

Actually they're useful for rotating the background textures, so you can have a planet similar to Neptunus with an aprox. +90 degree angle compared to the ecliptic plane.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Originally posted by Petrarch of the VBB
Isn't that the FS1 HUD, as well?

actually, if you look in your hud options in fs2, you can set your hud to be green, amber, or blue(not terribly sure on the blue)

my god, i'm actually being useful... what is the world coming to? :p
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Something with the explosion effect?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
If you have a look at FS2 manual, you would see some strange things on the pictures. Perseus with three laser banks, Subach HL-33 with level 1 damage etc. I think the guys at Volition hasn't upgraded any of the pictured they released from the testing phases.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by Flaser

Actually they're useful for rotating the background textures, so you can have a planet similar to Neptunus with an aprox. +90 degree angle compared to the ecliptic plane.

FS1

actually, if you look in your hud options in fs2, you can set your hud to be green, amber, or blue(not terribly sure on the blue)

Yes, but the FS1 hud is very different than the FS2 hud in terms of design and shape...

Subach HL-33 with level 1 damage etc

have a close look at the FS2 trailer too, they have weird names for the same weapons...

AHTW

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I don't know why was it required to change the Subach HL-33 to 7? Isn't it mind? As for level 1 damage .... why would they write level 3 damage if nothing has level 1. It's only relative. Relatively to ML-16, the Subach has level 146 shield damage, but compared to its age, it is level 3, because the Morning Star has level 1.

Not?:confused:

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Yes, but the FS1 hud is very different than the FS2 hud in terms of design and shape...

And it looks better.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by TopAce
I don't know why was it required to change the Subach HL-33 to 7? Isn't it mind? As for level 1 damage .... why would they write level 3 damage if nothing has level 1. It's only relative. Relatively to ML-16, the Subach has level 146 shield damage, but compared to its age, it is level 3, because the Morning Star has level 1.

Not?:confused:

Subach was actually originally called the Sidearm.  Probably changed from HL-33 to HL-7 because HL-33 didn't fit nicely on the low res HUD (and probably not the high res either).

The Cyclops was called Belial, and the Harpoon was called the Crossbow.  Numerous other things changed from FS2 Beta to FS2 retail.  The Perseus was from Kesco (Kresgie is/was an art designer at V).

That is definately a strange hybrid picture.  FS1 HUD, FS2 Hercules Mark 2 in the shield area, FS1 nebulas, FS1 explosion (although still present in FS2 - used less often).

Strange! :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
More interesting name changes:

Maxim = Newton
Akheton SDG = Scalpel
Lamprey = Lich
Morning Star = Flail II
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
They all can be seen in the TBL file. Lich is surely the simple way of Leech, the sequel of the Flail, and the predector(or how do you write 'previous version') of the Lamprey.
The Morning star is also the sequel of the Flail, so the Flail II could have remained.(See: Why didn't they rename the Stilleto II to anything else?)

See page 28 of the manual, total chaos!
See page 21, find something that has been changed since!

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Originally posted by TopAce
They all can be seen in the TBL file. Lich is surely the simple way of Leech, the sequel of the Flail, and the predector(or how do you write 'previous version') of the Lamprey.
The Morning star is also the sequel of the Flail, so the Flail II could have remained.(See: Why didn't they rename the Stilleto II to anything else?)

See page 28 of the manual, total chaos!
See page 21, find something that has been changed since!

Predecessor TopAce.
BTW most of the "old" names indeed make sense, but I'm more happy with the new ones, since they give a character to the names...or rather "sound cooler" :D
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan