Author Topic: Freespace 2 FTP Server - HOTU 2 Full  (Read 175218 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If you've downloaded the root.vp from the site you don't need to patch. The EXE that comes with HotU is v1.2. The root vp on the FTP is also 1.2 so there is nothing that needs updating.

As for deleting the files. Which vp files have you downloaded? Are you sure you didn't miss one? Here's what you should have.

# root_fs2.vp
# sparky_fs2.vp
# sparky_hi_fs2.vp
# stu_fs2.vp
# tango1_fs2.vp
# tango2_fs2.vp
# tango3_fs2.vp
# smarty_fs2.vp
# warble_fs2.vp

Anything missing? You can also remove the  tangoA_fs2.vp and tangoB_fs2.vp files.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Shades

I didn't download sparky_fs2.vp because the Oracle didn't list that as missing. That must be it. Thanks for the help.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
:D I listed the missing ones as the minimum download you can get away with. If you want to delete your data folder completely you need all the files.

That said now that more people have broadband and there are two servers I should update the oracle to reflect that fact :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I just realized that you guys should probably put the FRED2 EXE up on your FTPs also.  FRED2 for v1.0 doesn't let you place jump nodes.

Offline Molish

Soon as someone points me to the proper place so I can get it, It'll be placed on my FTP.

Offline JR2000Z

Are the Templar missions in there? Never did play them.
I finally destoryed the Shivan armada and all I got was this lousy T shirt.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
If you are running XP you have to add to the top of the regkey:

Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Is Molish's server down?

Offline Molish

Opps.....
Ok, some moron shut down the laptop like, 5 days ago and I never realized it.
I got the laptop hosting the FTP server tucked away under some stuff on my shelf in the back of my computer room and I just assumed everything was still going ok, haven't had too much time to check it recently.

Well, I noticed yesterday that my network wasn't doing much. No biggie, I figured no on was on the FTP. So I go to check on it and to my suprise, the damn thing wasn't even on!

Don't know who turned off my Laptop, but I'll beat em down for all of you out there who haven't gotten your freespace stuff. :)
FYI: It'll be back up by late tonight, have to use it for school today.

My bad, you can verberally abuse me all you want for it. :(

Its allright, all I want are some VP files ;).

Offline Molish

Ya know, right when you finish explaining the rules to people they have to go make total asshats of themselves.
You can thank the IP address
66.93.*.*
For your transfers of 2K a sec.  I would have this guy blocked in my router, but my router is a Netgear POS and doesn't allow me to block specific addresses (just web sites with certain criteria in the name, and ports).
I will be bringing the FTP down to manually add this guy to my block listing that hopefully is in my ADSL modem, if not then I'll find a work-around in Windows 2000 (the OS for the laptop that runs the FTP server)
Seriously, when this guy LITERALLY spams 10-15 connections in ONE FRICKEN SECOND, it really slows dowm my already lagged network.
You have him to thank for screwing the FTP server, cuz now I have a log file that is BIGGER THEN 10 MEG! Yea, it's not all that much but it really is a pain in the arse when these connection spams keep comming in so darn fast I can hardley upload anything to any of you guys.
So untill I learn how to block IP's either through my router or the Win 2000 OS, the FTP will be offline.
And you have
66.93.*.*
To thank for it.

Be sure to send him a warm greating of your heart-felt apprication.

[EDIT] Oh yea, forgot to add that this has been going on for about 2 days now.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 06:09:59 pm by 2066 »

Okay, so things seem to be working but with one significant problem.  I can't seem to save any new preferences, so my joystick doesn't read and the video card settings are not what I'd like them to be.  Any suggestions?

Offline Molish

This e-mail was just sent becuase I'm tired of this BS. Though I did pull the last 2 octets out of his/her IP address in the last post becuase I'm not that much of an AsShaT.

Speakeasy,

Please inform the user under the IP address 66.93.*.* (as of September, 02, 2004 at 6:00PM Central time) that his is spamming connections on my FTP and will not be tolerated anymore. This IP address has been added to my permanent banned listing, and will NOT be allowed access ever again. Unfortunately, I can not contact this user to notify him of this spamming session that has lasted more then 8 hours now. I have a small ADSL line, and the constant spamming of 10-15 connection retries every SECOND is getting out of hand.
I do not wish to impose any legal ramifications, however this must stop!
I thank you for your prompt actions in this matter.

Sincerely,

Molish
[email protected]

FTP site that is receiving the spam is: freespace.homeftp.net
[NOTE] The FTP has been shutdown untill this problem has been resolved. Thank you again for your prompt resolution of this.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hey David_Leench, welcome to HLP. :)

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

I'm glad to be here! And I can't wait to start playing in earnest : P

Offline Raziaar

I can't seem to be able to log into the FTP's to download... and when I do its a mere 5-6kb a second or so. Ick.

It wouldnt be so bad, but when I play the game the text messages flash away before I can even read the first two words. Any way to change this? I'm wanting to at the very least get the voice packs for missions, cause as it is, I feel less immersed than the demo.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by David_Leench
Okay, so things seem to be working but with one significant problem.  I can't seem to save any new preferences, so my joystick doesn't read and the video card settings are not what I'd like them to be.  Any suggestions?

Got to the 3.6 thread in the Source code project forum and download the launcher from that. Choose the FS2.exe as your executable rather than and FS2_Open one.

Hopefully that will allow you to set everything up.

You might want to look into downloading FS2_Open while you're there :D

Offline Focher

Am I crazy but importing those registry keys does not work for me on two different XP machines. I tried both with and without the line of "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00" at the top. I also tried importing directly from the registry editor.

I guess the next thing is to create them manually. Oh well, as I am getting the full set of Freespace 2 CDs, hopefully I can go around this strange problem.

Focher, where are you getting the cd's :D  I'm about fed up trying to get the add-on files to work.