Author Topic: Freespace 2 FTP Server - HOTU 2 Full  (Read 175207 times)

Offline Fractux

Freespace 2 FTP Server - HOTU 2 Full
Download the HOTU version of FS2 here.

------ FTP SERVER ------
server: fractux.dyndns.org
port: 5959
--------------------------------[/size]
NOTE: this server is on a dynamic connection, so if the connection is dropped, the IP is most likely changing and could take several minutes to be updated.

Before proceeding, read the following instructions:

The HoTU version is 1.0. The most recent version number of Freespace 2 is v 1.2.

The first thing you should do, is download Karajorma's HotUv1.20Pack.rar. Unrar the contents into the main FS2 directory, over writing the files.

For detailed information, check out Karajorma's Freespace Oracle (his explanations are very clear).

What to do with the VP files on the FTP server

DELETE ALL FILES IN THE FOLOWING DIRECTORIES AND IN THEIR SUBDIRECTORIES IF THERE ARE ANY. (DO NOT DELETE ANY DIRECTORIES [FOLDERS])

DIRECTORYVP FILE
FS2\data\voicestu_fs2.vp
FS2\data\cbanimstangoX_fs2.vp [3 files]*
FS2\data\intelanimssmarty_fs2.vp
FS2\data\soundssparky_fs2.vp
FS2\data\musicwarble_fs2.vp
FS2\data\models sparky_fs2.vp
FS2\data\mapssparky_fs2.vp
FS2\data\interfacesparky_fs2.vp**
FS2\data\hudsparky_fs2.vp**
FS2\data\force feedbacksparky_fs2.vp
FS2\data\fontssparky_fs2.vp
FS2\data\effectssparky_fs2.vp

IMPORTANT: in order to run at 1024x768 you must download 'sparky_hi_fs2.vp'    
                 as well, which contains the   hi-res interface and hud.

[/tt]

Want the Freespace movies?

------------------------------
FS2 open is required to run the .avi movies in game.

If you want to grab the FS2 cutscenes in .avi format, please grab them from this thread.

If you need the FS1 cutscenes for playing the FSPort, you can find them here.
-movie hosting provided by Kosh.
------------------------------

If you require the complete ISO's for FS2

(eDonkey 2000 links provided below)
*NOTE: The ISO's are v1.0. You need to apply the v1.2 patch after installation

Code: [Select]
ed2k://|file|Freespace_2_(1999).CD1.ChAoScReW.ShareReactor.ISO|636616704|F19DE78F6E5AD57CAEADFDA3EAF3B779|
ed2k://|file|Freespace_2_(1999).CD2.ChAoScReW.ShareReactor.ISO|713785344|8A1525FD0D785AF8C96F895AC07EB972|
ed2k://|file|Freespace_2_(1999).CD3.ChAoScReW.ShareReactor.ISO|704397312|930DAA10548879847C60D6294373975A|

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 11:10:24 am by Fractux »
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Sparky_hi is being uploaded as I speak and then I'll probably upload warble as that would mean that the three files that everyone wants the most are up.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline FreeTerran

• Master of the apocalypse
    Reset count: 1
Is the warble_fs2.vp in the HOTU fs2 version included ? if not so i will upload it ;)
Silva in lumine Lunae arcana est. Domos mea Silva in lumine Stellarum est.

Offline Target

Hiya, longtime lurker here.

I have all 3 cd's shared on emule as I type this. Been sharing it for a few weeks now. It's been a fairly popular file.
If you don't want to redownload the whole thing just let me know the files you want and I'll share them as well.

Offline FreeTerran

*beware target from the admins*That was an bad idea target hacks are forbidden at this board[/B]

Offline FreeTerran

Fractux what for files shall i upload ?

if warble and stu are covered you guys got more then i do, i'll downlaod from now.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Target

Well, what's the difference between sharing it on emule or sharing it via ftp?

I've had no luck finding it in stores. It's really too bad. Great game.

Offline FreeTerran

We do not share the complete game we share only the vp files

Offline Fractux

Currently the server has:

stu_fs2
tango3_fs2

and sparky_hi has been partially uploaded, and will be resumed later.

So any other files you have from the list:

warble_fs2.vp
tango1_fs2.vp
tango2_fs2.vp
smarty_fs2.vp

Hold off on the movie files for now.

Offline FreeTerran

OK i upload tango_2_fs2.vp and warble_fs2.vp
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 12:51:29 pm by 1059 »

wait a minute, i gopt tango 1

where do i uplaod it?

and do you want zip rar or vp?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Fractux

If the person with IP ********** keeps trying to make multiple connections to the damn server he will be banned PERMANENTLY. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE MULTIPLE CONNECTIONS. READ THE MESSAGES!!

I do not tolerate stuff like this.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 12:52:39 pm by 1248 »

Offline FreeTerran

I prefer rar format that is smaller then zip

Offline Fractux

Originally posted by kasperl
wait a minute, i gopt tango 1

where do i uplaod it?

and do you want zip rar or vp?

Put it in the uploads directory. And you can either rar or zip it. Your preference.

Originally posted by Fractux
If the person with IP***.***.***.***keeps trying to make multiple connections to the damn server he will be banned PERMANENTLY. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE MULTIPLE CONNECTIONS. READ THE MESSAGES!!

I do not tolerate stuff like this.
that might be mine, my ftp vlient must be doing smething wrong, i am really sorry.

ah, i see the rpoblem, better?

EDIT: also, would you mind removing my ip from that?

Offline Fractux

Done. Thanks for disabling it.

Originally posted by kasperl
that might be mine, my ftp vlient must be doing smething wrong, i am really sorry.

ah, i see the rpoblem, better?

EDIT: also, would you mind removing my ip from that?

you know, i wouldlove to upload tango 1, but if i'm banned, i can't. i am really sorry for not killing the multiple thread thing, but i am not really feeling top now, i just overlooked it. if you want me to contineue upladoing, please, kill the bann

Offline FreeTerran

**** i got an critical transfer error after the start from the tango3_fs2.rar

i use passsive mode and my firewall is disable
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 01:01:35 pm by 1059 »