Author Topic: "Inferno" moments...  (Read 6133 times)

Re: Re: "Inferno" moments...
Originally posted by Exarch
Heh, that happened to me as well the first two times I played the mission, even though I believe I was pretty speedy in taking out the shivan fighters. On the 3rd go I tried something else: Every time I felt the Diablo was about to fire, I ordered all fighters to form on my wing, waited for the shot, then told them to kill the beam cannon again. Cut it a bit close on the Independence's hull since they took longer to destroy the beam than they might otherwise have - was at 26% when it was over - but it did get the job done. First wave of bombers still got vaporised because my timing was off though :p

So the AI can be trusted to do it, as long as you make sure to do all the thinking for them.

Uh huh so how did you get command of those bombers cause I tried that but I didn't have command of the bombers.

Doesn’t matter that a second wave comes 1 or 2 of each wing usually makes a run just enough to stop the second wave coming in time not quite enough to kill the cannon usually they mange to get it down to about 30 to 40% before it blows the independence to hell the pilots on it are so stupid I'm almost loath to save it :/ .

Offline Exarch

c 3 7. Might not have been all of them that responded, but it was enough fighters at least that between me and them the beam did go down. Bombers themselves might not be affected by player orders, but I do believe every friendly fighter wing is - and there are like 4 of those, which is pretty good firepower when all concentrated on a single turret.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 11:06:38 pm by 1089 »

Offline J.F.K.

"JFK was destroyed by a beam from EASD Nemesis"
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline Anaz

lol. I've run into soo many beam cannons in inf. My stop time is off, I think the inf ships have higher dampening than reg FS2 fighters...
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

My best and funniest moment was during the battle for Earth.  It was when that EA Corvette jumped in and began unloading it's beam salvos at my friendly capships, i went full afterburners toward the corvette, and then hit full stop and started shooting everything I had at the corvette's main beam turret on the side.  The corvette was moving forward, and it fired it's beam, and since the corvette was still going forward, the beam was getting closer and closer to me, and rather than move out of the way, i continued shooting everything i had in an attempt to destroy the beam turret before it vaporized me.  It was like in an action movie, I was the hero, trying to stop my certain demise... only it WASNT an action movie, it was a video game, and the corvette's beam blew me into non existance. :lol:
Rayquaza?¿

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Charmande
My best and funniest moment was during the battle for Earth.  It was when that EA Corvette jumped in and began unloading it's beam salvos at my friendly capships, i went full afterburners toward the corvette, and then hit full stop and started shooting everything I had at the corvette's main beam turret on the side.  The corvette was moving forward, and it fired it's beam, and since the corvette was still going forward, the beam was getting closer and closer to me, and rather than move out of the way, i continued shooting everything i had in an attempt to destroy the beam turret before it vaporized me.  It was like in an action movie, I was the hero, trying to stop my certain demise... only it WASNT an action movie, it was a video game, and the corvette's beam blew me into non existance. :lol:

:lol: I empathise man, all four of my deaths in the campaign so far have been by capital ship beams. :D
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Most annoyed moment:  Not being able to beat mission12.  I could destroy everything, but as soon as the SOC destroyer got stopped nothing else happened.  The transport never moved, and so the mission didn't continue.  I was thinking "Major bug! :wtf:"

Biggest "I can't believe I did that" moment:  Realizing that I had not sufficiently purged my data directory.  I had an old copy of the Phobos that didn't have dockpoints :rolleyes: in data/models. Guess I thought that I didn't need to get rid of them, with as many new mods as Inferno contains.

Greatest "shock and awe" moment: the arrival of the Diablo.

My one complaint about the whole campaign is that the dock path on the Vesuvius is too long; it takes an eternity for the supply ship to actually dock with it.  Otherwise it's excellent.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

My ALL NEW greatest moment was when I discovered that Inferno was compatible with FRED2. MISSIONS GALORE!!!!! I already have a campaign going. I love Inferno!! Laugh with me: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
;7

Originally posted by Blitzerland
My ALL NEW greatest moment was when I discovered that Inferno was compatible with FRED2. MISSIONS GALORE!!!!! I already have a campaign going. I love Inferno!! Laugh with me: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
;7

Did I just quote myself? Spooky. :wtf: