Author Topic: Episode II  (Read 5132 times)

I have started work on Episode II of my legacy campaign. Episode I was really buggy (even though, after fixing bugs on demand for days, it seems to work fine now), but I will test Episode II a little better (aka play it through), and will release it only when everything works perfectly.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaay, I started this thread for comments once I release Episode II. All I can tell you about Ep. II is that you will be able to download it off my homepage, it will have eight missions, you will be fighting shivans and the (maybe) HOL. That is all I can tell you without spoiling the plot. :rolleyes:

Still working on mission two. Very complicated, it is. :nod:

I have also decided that I shall create five episodes, with eight missions each. That totals 40 missions, which sounds like enough to me.

If my lust for FRED is not fullfilled after that, I will make a sixth episode. Thats (duh) 48 missions.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
The HoL are certainly an interesting concept, rooting from the religious background of the Vesudan people. Most people don't like them becuase their just the same boring story, bog-standard rogue GTVA vessels. Maybe if they had their own unique vessels, then they'd definetly be a good opponent every now and again. Maybe they could steal ETAK technology and use it to contact (or try and contact) their "great destroyer" deities (aka. the Shivans).

However, being a rebel faction of the Vesudan race (which is already weakened by the loss of Vesuda Prime) they wouldn't have much of a navy, and would most probably utilize gurrila tactics and stealth manuvers.

Speaking of Vesuda Prime, maybe the planet has becoeme calm now, so perhaps the HoL could recolonise it.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Hmmmm...great ideas...I think i'll use them all. You will, of course, get credit, and maybe...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......hmmmm.....like the ETAK idea...like the Vasuda idea...like all the ideas...ah, heck. I'll use them all. :nod: Thanxs!

Most of these ideas will most likely be used in Episodes II and III. Oh yeah, and ep. IV and beyond will not begin until R2 is released.

Offline T-Man

Im just happy i could be of assistance.

The HoL was crushed in Operation Templar which you could play in Freespace 2 multiplayer. It therefore doesn't exist in the INF timeframe. You could always plausibly explain away this stumbling block though. ;)

Sid.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
or make new vasudan rebelion
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline T-Man

Proff that the HoL are still there
If you look at the Hammer of Light insert in the Intelligence section of the tech room, it saids that Operation Templar destroyed the military factions of the HoL, and that some leaders remained in hiding, reading ancient scripts. It's perfectly possible that one of them insighted a new rebellion.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Doubt it, most of them would be dead or old after 65 years

Offline T-Man

Maybe they had kids :lol:

Originally posted by Woomeister
Doubt it, most of them would be dead or old after 65 years
Well that depends on the average lifetime of a vasudan. Is there any info on that?

My idea (and T-Man's) is thus: A rogue Vasudan military faction claims itself the HOL's successor,It aquires ETAK and joins forces with a small group of Shivans. It mounts gurrila tactics and siezes many Vasudan navy vessels, allowing it to rage a small, SNEAKY, and clever war against the GTVA. During ep. III you will join with SOC and investigate. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! :lol:

:eek: Strangly, according to my poll, most people would rather wait until they are dead and buried and worms have consumed their flesh. Sad. This is a really serious blow to my morale. Actually, it punches a hole right through my morale. I think i'll undergo intense mental therapy, and then I will use this idea.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
If a bit of time took place between the alliance with the Shivans, and the declaration of the HoL revival and the beginning of hostilities, it might allow time for the collaboration between the two sides in terms of technology.  If you chose to get someone to make some MODs for you, you could have Vasudan style fighters, with Shivan design elements and enhanced specs.  This could be done with a partial reskin, but a new design would look better.  You could even add later episode around a new V-S destroyer and/or cruiser design, as shades of Silent Threat and the Hades.  To add an even greater plot twist, you could even re-introduce those escaped elements of the NTF... Bosch included.  They could either be assigned by the Shivans to facilitate their introduction into the HoL and add some strategic cunning of their own, or perhaps with the HoL in posession of ETAK, they could communicate with the Shivans and possibly convince them to abandon their allience with Bosch and the NTF.  This could lead to Bosch fleeing the Shivans, with whatever advanced technology and ships he could steal, and returning to Polaris or possibly Sol in an attempt to gain control of the military and possibly the allied goverment.  His plan might be to assume control of the Terran half of the GTVA (one way or another) and using the advanced Shivan technology he stole, beef up the Terran fleet and take revenge on the HoL, the Shivans, or possibly even the Vasudans as a whole.  We all had this notion that Bosch intended to one day return to the GTVA with the Shivans following him, and assume power... kind of like Baltar from Battlestar Gallactica.  As such, the idea of him wanting to retake control of the GTVA (or GTA if he plans on edging out the Vasudans) isn't all that far fetched in my mind.

That was probably alot more involved than you were planning on... in fact it was more involved than I was thinking when I first started this post.  Oh well... I hope it gives you ideas... and if their good ideas, even better!

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
why not something like vasudan side of GTVI goes hostile and takes all ETAK data with them

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Originally posted by Holy Imperial Gloriano
why not something like vasudan side of GTVI goes hostile and takes all ETAK data with them

Nah, too extreme. Cool though, but I most likely won't use it. :)

Actually, I like you Idea, just that you should fight WITH some Vasudans against the HOL ones.

I tend to think among the lines of... " by god, how could they do this to us, after what the Shivans did to the motherworld..." etc.

I mean, that would steal ALL the thunder of anything the HOL could have.

But you should be careful-mindful of HOW you will justify HOL's decision to sleep with the Shivans (nope, too drunk to know better won't do!)

:)  :lol:

--Still waiting to return to my own PC so that I can play INFERNO and part one of your own campaign, damn --
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Yes, its vasudans versus vasudans. You get to fight the HOL in epsodes III and IV. I can't decide whether of not to recruit a few modders to create me a new HOL fighter. If you are interested, send me a private messege. :nod:

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Hammer of Light is dead think another name for vasudan rebelion because it`s been used too many times

like Eye of vasuda
Blade of Vasuda
Revenge of Darkness
Free Vasudan Alliance
Rebirh of Vasuda etc etc
« Last Edit: August 09, 2003, 12:19:23 pm by 153 »

Uhhh...its only been used once...not counting the multiplayer campaign "Templar."

I'm going on vacation!! See you all later, i'll work on ep. II when I get back. Adios!:lol: