Author Topic: Hello guys  (Read 5343 times)

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Hi guys, just here to say hello and I hope I can do something useful for HLP.

------------------
Sushido - Way of the tuna...

Greetings  

------------------
"Right, well apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, WHAT HAVE THE ROMANS EVER DONE FOR US?"
"Right, well apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, WHAT HAVE THE ROMANS EVER DONE FOR US?"

BC01

My parents once told me that anyone can be president.  Now I believe them.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Ask not what we can do for you, ask what you can for.....oh wait, you already did.  

Hopefully you find something useful here.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Welcome, Maeglamor! I see you got my mail  

Welcome to the HLP Forums!
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Admiral

Welcome and enjoy and contribute and have fun and stuff  

------------------
"All empires Fall. You just have to know where to push."

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
If any of you have anything you want me to look at just point the way and I'll see what I can do.

I can't promise any fast models but I will have a go.

Hey, at least you can model. I suck

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
I'm pretty sure you're great at something at which I suck tremendously so don't feel too bad about it.

Would someone mind giving me the lowdown on the projects and perhaps something that I might have a look at to work from?

------------------
Sushido - The way of the tuna...

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Maeglamor:
Would someone mind giving me the lowdown on the projects and perhaps something that I might have a look at to work from?

There's nothing for you to 'work from', really - this is just a place for the FreeSpace community to come and not have to put up with endless Newbie threads. Unlike Volition, we are not a professional company, so we don't have to play as nice. That is for your benefit  

As for projects, on the forum summary page, you can see all the main HLP Projects (with the exception of FS Story) - FS Studio, TM, and R2NT. Check them out!  

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
It would seem that I misunderstood the intention of your invite   No harm done.

I was thinking, your Quake mod looks fairly interesting, how much work would it take to convert something like that to Halflife?

------------------
Sushido - The way of the tuna...

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Maeglamor:
I was thinking, your Quake mod looks fairly interesting, how much work would it take to convert something like that to Halflife?

Not sure. Tell you the truth, we aren't exactly sure if we are to use the Q3A engine or not. But we are very seriously wanting to get a FPS conversion for the FS universe. Honkus is doing a campaign in Half-Life for FS2 Sector - entitled FreeSpace 2: SOC it sees you enter the belly of the Lucifer in an attempt to stop it reaching Sol (or something along the lines of that). However I have not seen updates on it for a while.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp

Originally posted by Setekh:
Not sure. Tell you the truth, we aren't exactly sure if we are to use the Q3A engine or not. But we are very seriously wanting to get a FPS conversion for the FS universe. Honkus is doing a campaign in Half-Life for FS2 Sector - entitled FreeSpace 2: SOC it sees you enter the belly of the Lucifer in an attempt to stop it reaching Sol (or something along the lines of that). However I have not seen updates on it for a while.

Lucifer and FS....2?

Oookay.  
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Shrike:
Lucifer and FS....2?

Oookay.    

I don't know  

I'm sure there was a Lucifer in there somewhere.