Author Topic: Model prob found.  (Read 2389 times)

I converted the SB Taurvi to a .cob and i have found that the 50% of the faces(whatever) aren't there i was wanting to know how to fix this.

P.S what is the differance between glue as sibling and child and does it really matter which one you use?
"For 10,000 years we have thought the
long war and our hatred still knows no
succour. Those who have defied us shall
feel the full wrath of Chaos..."
-Abaddon the Despoiler.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I think 'glue as Sibling' places the sub-object on the same level of heirarchy, and Child as below - not too sure though.

As for the faces problem - look at http://vbb.volition-inc.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001915.html

This allows you to flip the faces in Blender. (Although the DXF still appear 'holy' in 3d Exploration, the cob file isn't).

I don't have blender i use ts3se and a demo of TS5 just can't save in that. i also forgot to mention that i enlarged the SB Taurvi to destroyer size to make it into the SD Daksha have no idea wot it means but it sounded evil.
-Abaddon the Despoiler.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Ah, damn.  The only other way I know of is to use 3D Exploration to make the model double-sided, so they show properly.

Only problem is that it sometimes doesn't work too well, and that it doubles the face count.

Right i'll try that but Woomeister did you encounter these problems? thats if you read this
-Abaddon the Despoiler.

Offline JarC

Originally posted by Apothess:
P.S what is the differance between glue as sibling and child and does it really matter which one you use?

as sibbling: objects end up in the same subojbect

as child: objects end up as a separate subobject if they have themselves a light glued to them as sibbling, otherwise they will still end up becoming part of the same subobject to which they are glued as child...

a child always needs a parent (hull) object and a sibbling light to stay 'child' subobject in the resulting POF...

as for the holes, that is the result of flipped normals...a trick I learned from someone else around here, if the textured face of the poly is 'out of reach' because it is now facing inwards into the model, put a camera inside the model so you can see the flipped face...now you can select it and flip it's normal
Use the WiKi Luke
See You @ WIGGY's

thanks for the help, i now have got the SD Daksha working!! well it still needs turrets and everything else but the model works 100% in the game!!!!
-Abaddon the Despoiler.