Author Topic: fs2_open 3.5.5  (Read 23595 times)

Offline nucas

or just grab the lowspec versions. they still look quite excellent.

as to my card, i am using a gf4 4400

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
:wtf: Errrrr.... is it me, or does the debug build eat subsystems? I've had about 4 ships stripped of all their subsystems now by trying to run them in the debug version. This included an extracted Box-standard Herc model.

Edit : Ok, it may well be me, ignore this for now and I'll do some double checking, I can't think of a single way a debug could alter a pof file.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 02:27:14 pm by 394 »

Offline cyavhn

• http://www.geocities.com/cyavhn/
ok...running the fs2_open_3_5...can I use the mediavp 356c, no probs...?
also, unable to get the latest launcher due to not buying Winrar...can I get it some other way...?
war is hell...it`s what happens when you cheat
www.geocities.com/cyavhn/

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Yes, the media VP version number is kind of just a marker - there are no compatability issues between them, AFAIK.

As for WinRAR, you can get a free trial - mine's an older version but it never expired, so I think you can keep using it without full functionality. The latest version is 3.2, I think.

http://www.rarsoft.com/rar/wrar320.exe

If the trial expires on you, give us a shout and I'll temporarily upload a version zipped up instead.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I don't think you can use the latest mediaVP, but you can try. It might not work correctly. If it doesn't work, grab version 3.5.5 :)
-C

Offline cyavhn

just took out the 3.5.5 and put in the 3.5.6c...no probs `sides a slight mouse response change :)
(...buddy threw out the joystick...waiting on a trackball though):D

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
In order for the MediaVP 3.5.6c (any VP post 3.5.5) to work properly, you need to make sure the version of FSO you're using can use .tga files, and you're using the proper command line flags.  Its always best to use the latest build, which can be found in the "newest version of everything" thread, or the new builds thread, both of which are stickied.  The latest build is 12_05_03_fs2_open_r.exe, and the proper command flag for that build is -jpgtga.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline cyavhn

just tried the 12_05_03 .exes` and neither of them work...
and the command line -jpgtga in the launcher...?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
How do you usualy run Freespace?

If you play it through the launcher (the Open launcher that is), then I'm stumped.  If you launch it with a direct shortcut, remember that the command line tags need to be either added to this shortcut, or (if you're using version 3.3 of the launcher), use the box that applies flags whenever the selected exe is run, no matter how its started.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline cyavhn

my launcher version is 2.5...
3.3...where is that located...!

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline SGGWD

-Sometimes the first digit of all numbers disappears in v3.5.6c (for example 026 instead of 1026).

-All buttons and additional item (for example all medals) have a blue underline if I use the -pcx32 parameter.

-FS sometimes doesn't unload from virtual memory after quiting the game.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 10:23:09 pm by 1672 »

I need someone to get online and guide me through this one step at a time please. I mean, either my Freespace 2 game is out of whack or I just dont know what to do... and this includes lots of other things as well.

AIM: Roger Starks195

Ill be waiting for someone...

have you read the wiki guide? if not, click on the link under my name and go to the SCP part.

i haven't got AIM, nor the time or experience to help you.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Seriously. Read that guide to installing I linked to on another thread you posted to. It will really help. And if it doesn't give me some feedback and I'll improve it :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Can someone edit the first post to send people to the installation page in the Wiki first?

Lots of newbies come here looking for FS2 and install this version (because it looks like it's the one everyone is using) only to run into problems later because FS2_Open has moved on hugely since this was released.

To be honest I think we should unsticky both this thread and the Latest Versions of everything and replace them with a thread called How To Install and Run FS2_Open. That page should simply point to the Wiki (cause that way anyone can edit the details rather than just the person who starts the thread).

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
First post edited.

That's on our to-do list.  I think we'll put something together in conjunction with 3.6, but exams are getting in the way now. ;)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well I've already edited the Wiki to include a version of the latest version post and a guide to installing FS2 so you've got a pretty big lead already :)

Basically all we need is for someone to make a thread and sticky it :D

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
all the links to the fs2open 3.5.5 are broken :(
Anyone have a replacement? Or willing to temporarily upload it somewhere?
After much debate I decided quotes are a waste of time.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Don't bother with 3.5.5. It's not bad but there have been lots of changes since it came out. Click on the How to install FS2_Open link below instead.

Oh and

:welcome: