Author Topic: GTVA-dismantled..you have to survive  (Read 11739 times)

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
GTVA-dismantled..you have to survive
in real world i think battle ships could deliver supplise
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
A supercharged Saphah-class frigate, converted to a tactical carrier by adding a fighterbay to the quarterdeck area. Then stick a wing each of Horus, Ares and Sekhmet inside, and a retractable ramscoop on the front. Sorted! ;)
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Either GTVD Revenant, or GTSD Aquitaine (from my story, 'Apocalypse Nigh', where the Aquitaine takes heavy battle damage and is refitted as a Morgul-class Superdestroyer... the first of its kind...)

Bear in mind that Revenant is mostly capable of annihilating a battlegroup of between 30 and 50 Sathanii singlehandedly, depending on tactical situation, and that the Morgul-class Superdestroyer has a pair of Sathanas Beams on its front end.
'And anyway, I agree - no sig images means more post, less pictures. It's annoying to sit through 40 different sigs telling about how cool, deadly, or assassin like a person is.' --Unknown Target

"You know what they say about the simplest solution."
"Bill Gates avoids it at every possible opportunity?"
-- Nuke and Colonol Drekker

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
The GTVA Super Dooper Pooper Scooper!!!!112222oneonetwo

:rolleyes:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Only 4 Things needed:
The 'Alpha 1' marker on my fighter
A Murmidon with 2 Helios Torps (for the capships)
A support ship with unlimited ammo
ummmmm........... maybe Bosch Beer if you drink alcohol? (If not, Bosch Biscuits would do!)
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
but i think after collossus GTVA knew that big ships is not savior

so next evolution would be smaller faster but still power full destroyers/frigates/corvettes/cruisers
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Gah, if these superpowered ships were available, the GTVA wouldn't have been annihilated.

Frankly, given the scenario, I'd choose a Deimos class corvette modified to have a greater speed and jump recharge rate.  It's also to have several wings of fighters (no bombers, we're trying to survive and run), the most the corvette can carry and supply.  Most of the anti-capital ship beams except for one will be removed to make more room for material storage, processing and manufacturing so that it would be possible to replenish parts.  And add the ramscoop for gas-mining if possible.

Battle tactic.  Fighters provide a screen while the corvette hightails it out and then the fighters jump out.

Additional technology.  The inverse of the subspace tracker.  If an enemy capital is detected to be making a jump at nearly the same time, we check their subspace "frequency" and make sure to last minute change ours so that they don't jump us in subspace.  The fighter screen can take out bombers so that's not a problem.

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
I'd have an Orion (GTD Intrepid) find as many parts/peices/hulks i could find and start making modifications to my orion.  i'd place another runway on the otherside, more firepower capable of defending itself from a Ravana. with 3 surviving fenris's, 2 leviathens, 1 diemos, and a hecate we would try to survive and wait for others.
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
I'd still ride an ultra-fast corvette.

It would be a dance on the edge of the razor, but IMHO only a ship that can outrun a Fenris (at least) has any chance of escaping from the ensuing hell.

BTW I would pack some are beams too, with a set of capacitors to be able to fire 2 volleys. Otherwise only 1 would be availible, as  far as I figured photon beam canons actually use ammo (a fusion core that gets blast of as plasma), the wast ammount an area beam requires makes it impratical to do so. Instead they charge it with the reactor - which is slow and tends to be volatile as long as charged.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
All you need is one ship.....

The Iceni

Its fast, heavily armored for its size, but its also got one of the most important pieces of technology you need to survive a full scale Shivan invasion.........

ETAK!

That'll keep them Shivans from bothering you.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I thought I just waited till most pf you got theyr opinions on the thread..then post my own reply..!
Well I would personali take the Colossus...because it can cary a large amount of bommbers and fighters..aswell as a large amount of suplyes..and can provide a excelent protection for a full convoy..of gas miners asteroid miners...suply ships..civilian and milatary personel..but it would not be the only ship (milatary) that i would chose remember that if you take too many milatary ships you need a large amount of suplyes..!
My other options to tag along would be the Aquitane a couple of Sobeks well maibe more...lets say some 6 of them..and why not some Orions they can take a good beating and survive..!
this refering to the whole fleet thing..!
I was talking about a single ship from the original FS2 campaign.....and I choose the the Aquitane It can handle eny destroyer that the shivans throw at it..(no SJ please) and I think it has good upgrade posibilities..I can run with it till I drop...it can ram blocades...and why not I hope after some time maibe il find a  new Knossos..that will take me far away from the shivans...to distant location where I can finaly stop running and focus on finding a way resuply my ship and repair it..and even scavage for some pieces of destroied gas and asteroid miners out there..!
I hope..:p :doubt:
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Jal-18

A TC-2

Personally I would Use Inferno Ships and start doing this

Find more Aliens an make them fight the shivans for you

also here is my fleet balanced to keep everything unexploitable

6 GTC Alcyone Class Cruisers (Anti-Fighter Usage)
4 GTCv Phobos Corvettes (Light Warship Destruction)
3 GTD Icelus Destroyers (Heavy Warship Destruction)
1 GTCa Warlock (Fighter Carrier with FULL compliment)
1 GTSD Odin (Command and Control)

Enough to start and maintain a pretty long war the only thing that could destroy that behemoth of a fleet would be the gargant
but that will be too busy "maintaining the galactic balance" to care about this fleet

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
i'd take a boreas or astarte for anti-warship stuff
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Odyssey

• Stormrider
I'd take an Anuket. And hide in a nebula somewhere. It has scientific capabilities, so I'm sure some kind of hydroponics could be established. Also, remember that Anukets are supposed to have advanced sensors for navigating these places, so it could just jump out to somewhere else in the nebula if anything came too close.
I don't believe the idea for this topic was to create a whole fleet, right? That would be kind of implausible given the circumstances.

That's what I was saying, if there really were these giant fleets and ships available, the GTVA wouldn't have been annihilated.  Large destroyers most likely would be all sacrificed and the smaller vessels would be left.  There's no way to win so the only thing to do is make a run for it and hope to find a quiet place to settle down.

Offline Odyssey

• Stormrider
Like... In an Anuket :p There ought to be plenty of those left. Can you imagine a fleet of Anukets? Pretty...

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Odyssey
Can you imagine a fleet of Anukets? Pretty...

A man after my own heart! :D Want a 14k poly Anuket for in game? ;7
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Gimme a Perseus, a Prom S and a Kayser, a pack of temps and i think most problems should be solved.

But then again... the shivans would never attack one of their own species... mwuahaha ;7 :lol:
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
In that case, either a Terran Mara or the Pegasus....

With a hevily modefied science vessel as my home base....
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!