Action = Story++
14 (17.1%)
Story = Action++
16 (19.5%)
Story = Action
11 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: November 21, 2003, 08:38:00 am

Author Topic: So I'm bored as hell.........  (Read 12120 times)

So I'm bored as hell.........
Originally posted by an0n
Yeah, but there ain't been any FS1 campaigns out in years. And it's a shame c'z it's a damn good engine and doesn't deserve to be relegated into obscurity just because more people have FS2 installed.

so you use DOS because it's a damn good system and it's a pity that nobody uses it because they have windows/linux?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline diamondgeezer

Look TA, it's not my fault you can't get FSO runnning. Plenty of n00bs have come through the forum with FSO problems and have had their lives sorted out for them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - people aren't going to touch a non-open camapign anymore. With that in mind an0n, you'd better off with teh FS1 perhaps...

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
.......You moron, Kasperl.

Try pinging someone in Windows.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

i use RH if i do stuff like that, more stable.

and it goes pretty well with a command line in XP, and XP has a deep, utter hate against DOS.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by diamondgeezer
Look TA, it's not my fault you can't get FSO runnning. Plenty of n00bs have come through the forum with FSO problems and have had their lives sorted out for them.

Please quote and make the words bold where I mentioned that my FSO is not running. It is working for me(and older, not HTL version), so you can eat my socks with your suspections.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
All good campaigns need monkeys.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
The most exotic thing this campaign will have will be a Knossos at the Sol node.

So no monkeys.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline diamondgeezer

You mean no asteroid shaped liek a dancing moose?

TA: I'm sure you've given not-workingness as the reason for your FSO phobia in the past... after all it's just about the only logical one

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
I hate you, Shrike.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Just ****ing with ya. ;)

I changed it to something more appropriate.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Beowulf

FS3
Never Forget

"It is always better to avenge dear ones than to induldge in mourning. For every one of us, living in this world means waiting for our end. Let whoever can win glory before death. When a warrior is gone, that will be his best and only bulwark."
                               --Beowulf

"... and no, real life sex is not just a myth. You just need to come out of your house once every while..." ~Tiara

YeeeeHoooooh! is the mood of the day. :p

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester

TA: I'm sure you've given not-workingness as the reason for your FSO phobia in the past... after all it's just about the only logical one

Don't be over the moon. Not you are the one who convienced me to try to make FSO run.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I've said it before and I'll say it again - people aren't going to touch a non-open camapign anymore.

They will if it has a good story and good missions.  Deus Ex Machina is non-open.  So is LM3, if you don't count the cutscenes.  And how about the BWO demo?

And I voted for FS1.  FS1 has a certain atmosphere that can't be replicated in FS2.  Plus it hasn't had any campaigns released for it in a while.  That'll change with AHTW and FOW, and potentially this campaign; and the more the better, I say.

Offline diamondgeezer

Oh suit yourselves. I'm going to stick with FSO. It just tastes better :nod:

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
I've decided to add one ship to the game. Which means I'll have to supply ship and weapon tbls with the campaign (as well as make, texture and POF the ****er). So I've begun to wonder, as I said I would, "Why not make a few more changes?".

And incase you're wondering, it's a Sol ship suped-up with Shivan technology. Which makes the war in the campaign make more sense. And it (in theory) will also answer the "Why not just contact Earth using radio?" question. Mwuahaha. Phear my ability to fill main-campaign plot-holes.

Anyway; I've settled on FS2 because everyone will just ***** otherwise.

I'll see about making a FS1-Exclusive campaign depending on how well this one turns out and/or if I ever finish it.

Offline magatsu1

Originally posted by an0n
I've decided to add one ship to the game

"slippery slope"
I can see this quick campaign growing into some evil monster of a thing :D

FS1 is bobbins. Without beams, friendly cap ships are just a bloody liability.

IMO.:)
Blitzerland: Knows what he's talkin' about

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Yup. It's almost certainly gonna explode into an epic.

But I'm gonna cut as many corners as possible. For example, by not making the new ship(s) player-flyable, I don't have to make interface stuff for them.

Offline Beowulf

Uhh, I voted for monkeys.
Never Forget

"It is always better to avenge dear ones than to induldge in mourning. For every one of us, living in this world means waiting for our end. Let whoever can win glory before death. When a warrior is gone, that will be his best and only bulwark."
                               --Beowulf

"... and no, real life sex is not just a myth. You just need to come out of your house once every while..." ~Tiara

YeeeeHoooooh! is the mood of the day. :p

Offline diamondgeezer

Believe me, I'd have voted for monkies if I could have

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Monkeys are a fine choice. I choose them.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read