Action = Story++
14 (17.1%)
Story = Action++
16 (19.5%)
Story = Action
11 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: November 21, 2003, 08:38:00 am

Author Topic: So I'm bored as hell.........  (Read 12181 times)

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
So I'm bored as hell.........
i've compared the content, i have both versions. It's the patched one. It just keeps claiming it's V1.0.

I dont know about the FRED version, though.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
I just luck-out once in a while.

Usually when I set out to model something for FS, it ends up at 5000 faces and, being how I am, I give up and delete it rather than defile it by removing parts of my masterpiece.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Originally posted by Lightspeed
i've compared the content, i have both versions. It's the patched one. It just keeps claiming it's V1.0.

I dont know about the FRED version, though.

Well I can't place nodes, just like on an unpatched version. But I dunno if that's actually something to do with the exe patching or due to alterations the updater make to the vp files.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
5000 polies is nothing now... though.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
I refuse to contribute in any way to the furtherment of the SCP until they start making FS2 better, faster and stronger instead of just padding it out with crap no-one will ever use.

Offline diamondgeezer

:wtf:

lessee, it is faster, it can take more poly's, it has glowmaps, animated stuff, and it loks about 10 times as good as the original.

you were saying?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
I was saying that they're concentrating on sequins instead of fabric.

i can' t make sense of that phrase, it's probably my crappy english.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Sequins are the sparkly thingies on dresses.

Fabric is what dresses are made of.

The SCP is concentrating too much on putting sparkly bits on instead of on making the fabric stronger and softer.

well, HT&L was like completely re-weaving the dress, and the fabric is made stronger every time a little bug is squashed, which has happened a lot.

Offline diamondgeezer

Well... weren't you saying earlier about not being able to use a 5000 poly fighter?

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
When half the features implimented by the SCP don't crash the game, then I'll start contributing to FSO.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by diamondgeezer
Hey, you know what you should do an0n - you know that Elysium with Jeri Ryan on it? Put nekkid birds on all your ships :nod:

Hey, DG - why do you think some of the Reci fighters have big blank spaces on the wings?

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
McDonalds sponsorship?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
It's up.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
I know. I've been sat watching the file-size steadily increase and then stop.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Heh. I figured as much. But I thought I'd announce it.  Good luck with it. If there's a problem, direct all fury at Roxio.com

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by an0n
I refuse to contribute in any way to the furtherment of the SCP until they start making FS2 better, faster and stronger instead of just padding it out with crap no-one will ever use.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

hear hear...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline diamondgeezer

Works fine here. Well, pretty much. In anycase, but a fatter computer, b1zotches.