Action = Story++
14 (17.1%)
Story = Action++
16 (19.5%)
Story = Action
11 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: November 21, 2003, 08:38:00 am

Author Topic: So I'm bored as hell.........  (Read 12184 times)

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
So I'm bored as hell.........
Snipes, how did you manage to get a 776mb iso from a 650mb FS2 CD?

The ISO is ****ed beyond belief.

Aside from the obvious size thing, whenever I try to burn it (either directly from the ISO or by extracting it and screwing around with it first), it get's about 15% into the simulation burn and just dies.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Err... Beats the crap out of me...  It's Roxio. I could try to get Nero and use that, if it'll work...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
What would you have the SCP work on an0n?
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Normal ****. Like making map-loading more efficient. And just tweaking the way things are rendered to give them a more rugged, realistic look.

Oh and the AI. The AI was possibly the biggest pile of crap in all the code and they've completely ignored it.

Basically, they should've made retail FS2 functions perfect before tacking extra **** on.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
ah, yes. AI. Apparently they refuse to touch it, although I don't really bame them. Not that it shouldn't be fixed.

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
What really annoys me though is how they're all "Whee, look, we've got texture-based model-surface distortions so you can set an animated smiley as a texture and it'll pop up 3m from the wing of your fighter, and it'll be animated and it'll glow and sometimes even make laughing sounds as you fly past", but they won't do simple things like stopping the game screeching when you hold down too many buttons during complex maneuvers.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Isn't that more or an OS thing?

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Do I care?

It's a problem and even if it is an OS thing, it should've been looked into. But no, they're too busy trying to get kudos for adding features so complex and unstable that no-one will ever use them.