Author Topic: Weapon Effects - Yet another bunch of 32bit eye candies  (Read 70073 times)

Offline Raptor

Weapon Effects - Yet another bunch of 32bit eye candies
Originally posted by KARMA

With something of the size of a missle it is simply ridiculous to have a cylinder of more than 12 edges, since you can hardly see any difference even if it is a still imagine, so you can imagine in game...
that's it

Well, I should point out now that I am only able to convert from .cob to .pof using cob2fs2.  PCS crashes.:nervous:

So the images before, well they were done in TS, which allows for smoothing, but cob2fs2 does not support smoothing, so the models come out faceted....

Oh, and Lightspeed, check your PM box (in about 30 secs-1min)
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
cob2fs2 SUPPORT smoothing, it supported it even when pcs didn't

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Drew

this is OT but who cares
Ever heard of the quark based computer some dude is working on? A a system running calculations exploiting quarks ability to be in 2 states at once (1 and 0) would have unlimited calculations

I don't want to think about how much that thing would cost.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Drew

• http://www.galactic-quest.com
Originally posted by Woolie Wool

I don't want to think about how much that thing would cost.

qark based computing is still in development. The underlying theory is still being developed
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Isn't that the usual state of Windows anyway?

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
if you want to model some high-poly missiles: look no further than Russian Cold war stuff.  (im using the NATO designations, since i learned those)

SA-4
SA-5
AA-10
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Atoll is sexy. :D
lol wtf

Offline Raptor

Originally posted by KARMA
cob2fs2 SUPPORT smoothing, it supported it even when pcs didn't

Really? :eek2:

How is it enabled?
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
just smooth the object before converting

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
How about some missiles that make sense? Lose the aerodynamic fins, give them engines offset from the centerline, as well as thrusters up front by the nose.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
LS, can I ask one silly little favor of you first?

It's something I could do, if my PC was working, and I wasn't so lazy as of late... but think you could have a whack at making the lights.pcx map animated with little twinkling lights? ;7 Probably easier to blacken ou the lights on the original and make an animated glowmap, but... er... please? :)

It'd look pretty sweet on big ships, and that thingy I made... ;)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
D'you think they switch the lights on and off all the time? ;)

Nonetheless i'll have a go when I start working on the glowmaps. I'll make it 30 frames or so with a framerate of "1" or "2" -- so it will be more realistic :)

Right now i'm having a hard time getting the Circe to look how I want it to.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Lightspeed

I used to do that on the Pinnacle... ;)

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Back on to topic...

FS2_new_weapon_FX_v0.1h

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Nonetheless i'll have a go when I start working on the glowmaps. I'll make it 30 frames or so with a framerate of "1" or "2" -- so it will be more realistic :)

Right now i'm having a hard time getting the Circe to look how I want it to.

More like a framerate of one frame every 5 seconds I'd think.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
As that isn't possible I'll do 30 frames, and change the lighted windows every 10-20 frames a bit. with a framerate of "1" this will create the right effect.

Offline Raptor

Back on to topic...

FS2_new_weapon_FX_v0.1h

Thats, intresting.  Need to see ingame to really give an opinon.  Like the SDG, the still shots don't do it justice.

Oh, btw Lightspeed, are you planing on doing the FS1 weapons too? ;)

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Thanks for the reply :)

I think Solatar was doing the FS1 weaps, so i'll wait him to finish his stuff. If can always do them if I don't like his results ;)

If I do like them (which I hope) i'll prolly 32-bittify them, add some extra effects here n' there :)

BTW-- Is there a maximum number of weapons that can be specified in weapons.tbl? If so, how much weapons are possible?

I've had... some ideas and i need to know that first ;)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
...Hm... I don't remember there being a weapon limit... but there may be a table size limit, also...

Offline Raptor

BTW-- Is there a maximum number of weapons that can be specified in weapons.tbl? If so, how much weapons are possible?

I've had... some ideas and i need to know that first ;)

Not that I know of.  As far as I know, the only limit on the weapons table is size of file, and thats like, 800kb+ now?

I've got 182 seperate weapons, in a 212KB file, no problems.;)

Oh, and Lightspeed, I've cleaned out some of my PM inbox.