Author Topic: Coloring Work: Naku  (Read 4880 times)

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
:) :yes:  Keep it UP!:)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
the second work is just great. The skin color is not black IMHO... it's just well tanned :)

if you'd like to have a "white" skin color then try starting from dark orange and then lighten it up... and you should see a good skin color
Habeeb it...

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Thanks guys, it's really encouraging that people like it :) If anyone has any similar ink work or whatever for me to try my hand at - I'm in the "lets get some experience going" stage, so any critisism, stuff I could color, whatever) would be welcome. Tah!

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
[color=66ff00]Kudos dude, only getting around to seeing this stuff now. :nod:
[/color]

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
...well, if you could do scalies, I'd probably try to donate something.

Actually, it just occurred to me, I haven't drawn anything very well i na little while...

*grumbles something about vasudan fighters for TVWP*
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
That second one is much much better in my opinion K, the first one looked a tiny bit like she had a beer belly ;) It's a pity that the head isn't tilted downwards a couple more degree (not your drawing, I know), since the absence of a mouth makes her look a bit 'odd' to me, but then, I don't watch much anime, so this may very well be the intended outcome ;)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I love that, the second a little more than the second. I do like the tear there, though I can understand the criticisms of it - I still think it's a nice touch to her emotion. I noticed the system mechanic logo on her belt in the second one too, nice one. :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
I have nothing against the tear in itself, but it comes from the middle of the eye, it should come from an edge, or even better, a corner ( I guess you'd call it a corner too? ) of the eye. Plus it's gotta be white, not blue :)
SCREW CANON!

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
It is coming from a corner - trouble is the eye itself is that same funky "straight into pupil" style. I was having some trouble with the whites so I left them out in this one untill I can nail the technique. Glad you like it though (and yeah, white... blue just seemed right ;))

I'll keep on trying though, thanks for the encouragement!

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
heh, why not posting the original, then we can do a little contest, everybody tries and colorize it? :)
SCREW CANON!

Offline icespeed

the point isn't for a competition, its for kalfireththunder to show off...

yeah, the pinkhaired girl looks cleaner. as in, colours. hmm... my skin's darker than hers and im not black, so there you go. i quite liked the tear, though it seems very- thick? like cream, i mean.
$quot;Let your light shine before men...$quot;
Matthew 5:16

When I graduate, I'm going to be a doctor, and people are going to come to me looking for treatment and prescription drugs, and I'm going to give it to them. Is anyone scared yet?

$quot;If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.$quot; Romans 10:9

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Mmm, the tear was from scratch so I wasn't really sure where it would go, I agree that it looks rather dodgy but I'm happy with it for a first attempt.

Anyway, here's where the plot thickens - a link to the original file, along with other attempts from the AppleGeeks community:

http://www.applegeeks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
bah, i'll give it a go meself ;)
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Amazing, all of it. teh roxxor. Wish I could colour like that.

As for the stuff on Applegeeks, my favourites are the very first one, and then the one right before Turnsky's post.

Offline icespeed

Hey Turnsky, the skin's really nice, but her hair's a bit blotchy...
$quot;Let your light shine before men...$quot;
Matthew 5:16

When I graduate, I'm going to be a doctor, and people are going to come to me looking for treatment and prescription drugs, and I'm going to give it to them. Is anyone scared yet?

$quot;If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.$quot; Romans 10:9

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
Originally posted by icespeed
Hey Turnsky, the skin's really nice, but her hair's a bit blotchy...

meh.. it was meant to be like that..:p
   //Warning\\