Author Topic: Loadout stuff  (Read 800 times)

Offline magatsu1

I've been having a pop at doing a loadout interface.
Where do you specify the loadout screen for a ship ?
I was expecting it to be in the tables but it doesn't look like it.

Also,  anyone know of a walkthrough for Paintshop Pro ?
I'm having trouble extracting the ship image (ModelView screen shot) to the loadout template.

Ta!
Blitzerland: Knows what he's talkin' about

Offline diamondgeezer

You mean the overhead where you jam guns and missiles in your ship? Couldn't be simpler. First use VPView to crack open sparky.VP (or the hi-res version if you prefer). Then extract, say, loadfighter06.pcx (or 2_loadblahblah for the hi-res version).

In Modelview, line up your ship overhead and hit print screen. Open your graphics editor (Paint will do the job fine) and hit paste, and the screen shot should appear from your clipboard. Then simply cut out your ship's piccy and paste it over the Volition one in the loadout image you extratced. Done. Oh, and make sure you give it the right number of loadout slots. Like the Herc would have two gun and two missile slots, whereas the Myrmidon would have two and three respectivly.

Now look in your ships table - there is a line for specifying a loadout image. It's near the bottonm of the netry, but before the trail info and looks like this: $Ship_overhead: Simply specify the name of your overhead file. Make sure the file is an 8-bit PCX and named properly, then slap it in your Interface folder. Job's a good'n

Offline magatsu1

Ah. I was looking for another pcx. entry in the table. Thanks. :yes:

Here's a quote from Sesquipedalian's interface tutorial:

[/quote]Using the Wand tool (or equivalent colour-based mask selection tool in your graphics program) set to no anti-aliasing, zero colour tolerance and subtractive selection, click on the background colour surrounding the image of the fighter. This will leave only the image of the ship itself selected [/quote]

Anyone know how to do that in PSP ?
It'd be useful to know for other interface work.

Cheers
Blitzerland: Knows what he's talkin' about

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
The "magic eraser" thingie. Select the color you want removed and richt-click IIRC on the background.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Overhead graphics from ModelView = crappy quality as modelview renders textures at wayyy limited resolution. :)
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.