Author Topic: Galatea and Bastion mainhall  (Read 5503 times)

Galatea and Bastion mainhall
Is it possible to find download the Galatea and Bastion mainhalls for the fsport, I tried getting the mainhall from the FS1 demo to work but it didn't have a mainhall table.

I just thought it would be pretty cool to have the Galatea and Bastion mainhalls.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Galatea and Bastion mainhall
We're working on that.  But first we have to port all the graphics to 1024x768... they're currently only in 640x480.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: Galatea and Bastion mainhall
Really old thread but I knew there was one on it here somewhere.

I have the Galatea and Bastion main halls up and running with the SCP. They're badly stretched but nonetheless functional. I'll be spending some time collecting the necessary audio files and aligning the door animations properly, but it looks like we should have them ready for the FSPort SCP edition! :D
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Shouldn't there be some high-res mainhalls around somewhere? I could've sworn there were...

http://www.descent-freespace.com/goodies/gallery/big/stillmainhall02.jpg

Booyah. The Bastion mainhall at 3000x2250 resolution. Unfortunately the doors are open (there isn't a shut version) so a little work will have to be done on it. There's nothing like it for the Galatea though.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 05:56:11 am by Kalfireth »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Yeah, I used that for the Bastion. It's kinda frustrating that there's a contrast between the high-res background and the low-res animations though.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I guess the only alternative is to re-model and render the whole damn thing... a lot of work.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
It may not really be usable but I did have a mainhall.tbl from my work on the icculus.org port for FS1.  It's only the 640x480 res versions of the two, since the icculus.org port is keeping with the original and only runs at 640x480.  It should give you some basic alignments and sound stuff though.  The sound stuff isn't 100% correct with the animations but it's pretty close.  Maybe it will be usable as a starting point if nothing else exists.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Ugh. I took a look at that hi-res bastion hall, and I felt sick when I saw that Herc. Bobs looks so damned much better! I think even if we could hires-ify the main halls, that it'd be awesomer if a group of people rerendered it. Cockpits blacked, though, because it'd be weird if there was a dude prepped for flight inside a ship that was being worked on. Most of the rest of it looks okay, though.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Why not open canopies?

But seriously, making main halls is a ludicrous amount of work. I can't imagine trying to make a new one, let alone recreate one from just a single render. :p

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Mostly because we don't know how the ship's cockpits open. :P But yes, I see what you're saying... that would take a hell of a long time.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
You wanna know how they open? hinges. at the back of the canopy. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
 :doubt: Hinges?  You're sure they're on the back, not the front?  You're sure they don't pop up/slideback over like some of our fighters do now?  You're sure the hinges are on the back, not one side or the other?  How about hydraulics?  Are they lifted using these, or just muscle power?  (I'm betting hydraulics, as the canopy that can withstand flying through an exploding fighter / bomber must be very heavy & tough.  Just thought I'd throw a wrench into
You wanna know how they open? hinges. at the back of the canopy.

Although I personally agree.    :) ;) :D

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Download test run

Since I can't work out how the SCP handles more than two mainhalls, these have been put in the first and second slots of the table. There are some issues with the alignment due to the scaling methods used, and the sounds aren't ported over, but it's good enough for everyone to look and see.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Look good to me...  :yes:
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Yeah, I used that for the Bastion. It's kinda frustrating that there's a contrast between the high-res background and the low-res animations though.

You wouldn't have to rebuild it all to high-resify the animations...just the animated parts. Not that it's much simpler that way.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
The ursa has doors at the back of it's "command module" bit...

but anyways, it would be realy cool to have the mainhalls made to be ingame...
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."