Author Topic: the new Iraqi flag  (Read 1547 times)

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
Originally posted by Rictor
Oh, one of them in Bahrain. What's the other one? And for that matter, who designed these things?

Other one is probably Qatar...

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
a more "realistic" new Iraqi flag, truly reaching for the future
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
Originally posted by Janos

S-S-S-Sweden?!

first thing I thought of, too. odd, huh?
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Gank

Something seems out of place....I can't quite put my finger on it.

...oh I know, the Syrian flag is way off the mark. They really ought to consider changing it.

Huh? Thats the current syrian flag so wtf are you on about? And its been changed a dozen or so times in the last 50 years

also, WTF are those two wierd flags beside the United Arab Emirates? They're just silly.....

edit: Oh, one of them in Bahrain. What's the other one? And for that matter, who designed these things?

The other ones Quatar, where Centcom and Saddam Hussein are and also Al Jazeera funnily enough. As for the design, what the hells wrong with it?

Done a bit of looking around and the flag of the turkomen minority bears a bit of resemblence:

Found two older Iraqi flags as well which look more suitable
Kingdom of Iraq

Republic of Iraq till 63

Bit of background on the flags of the area
http://fotw.vexillum.com/flags/arabcols.html

Offline Gank

Rictors already told us the Iraqi flag looks out of place so I presumed he was being serious, he certainly seems to be about Bahrain and Quatar.

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Nah, I was being sarcastic about Iraq. The only flag it bears a resembelance to is Israel, and last I hear they weren't getting along well with the Arabs...

The old Iraqi flag is much more aestetically pleasing, not to mention that the actual citizens like it.

But I was dead serious about Quatar and Bahrain. Poor guys, probably didn't have a decent graphics program when it came time to choose the flag, so they had to make do with Word clipart....

Interesting thing is, in the "A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm" report, Frum, Perle & Co. recommended that the old monarchy be re-instituted in Iraq after Saddam was overthrown. Shades of Iran anyone?

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I don't see any similarity with it to the Israeli flag, but I agree this is stupid, I'm begining to think it might be a good time to add "is Bush trying to lose?" to my sig, so that I don't have to keep retypeing it
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Lose what? The war or the world opinion? He can bomb the **** out of anything that moves, but is utterly incapable of keeping even the allies he had to begin with. And thats the main fault with American foreign policy. Its making alot of enemies, while being unable to either win any new friends or pacify the existing enemies. Tanks and planes and yes, even the almighty dollar, all pale in the face of a growing mentality of anti-Americanism.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
lose,
in general,
the war, the election, just about anything you'd think he was trying to win.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Gank

The similarity to the Israeli flag is in the colours bobboau, green, red black and white are all important colours in both Islam and Arab nationalism. To an Iraqi it'd probably look like the US was getting rid of these colours on purpose.

As for ****, hes not exactly the shiniest pebble on the beach, that was pretty obvious from the start. Starting to realise why lots of people were against the war yet?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 07:04:46 am by 723 »

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
ok, I guess I can see that.

did 'we' do this, or was this something the  'governing councle' did and we simply oked it/
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Typically, most flags follow one of three designs: The Arab-esq blacks, reds, whites and greens; The British red, white and blue; Or some variation of the old communist flags.

There are, of course, a few exceptions which occur in countries that have never been part of anything with any power.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
an0n? Are you really European? :wtf:
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Do you think I'd've said "the British red, white and blue" if I wasn't?
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Well...

There are, of course, a few exceptions which occur in countries that have never been part of anything with any power.

:doubt:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Oh, right:

"There is also a fourth type of flag, used by many European countries. The classic white, white and white."

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
lol wtf