Author Topic: Life..life is a.. um.. what do you think?  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Gank

Life..life is a.. um.. what do you think?
Drink is a depressant, wtf do you expect

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
my grandfather died and no one told me. :( how do you think i feel. (i cried when i found out!)
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
If I didn't still consider you part of the NW crew, I'd be mean to you right now.

As it is, you get the cold, hard facts: Everything dies. Old people more frequently so.

And your parent's urge to inform you of his demise may have been somewhat delayed by the fact that one of their parents just died!!!
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

I was high on life...    , but I then grew a tolerance.

I am amidst a life trial of my own. Its a real biznitch, but I've learned to keep mellow about it because I never know whats around the corner for me. Stressing about it just produced my first grey hair, which I'm still in denial for.

If your view of life sucks big monkey nuts, direct your grey matter elsewhere. There are better planes of consciousness (not drug induced) that will yield a better view. You may not be able to control the world, but you can control your perception of it.

I recall an interesting quote from Braveheart, "Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives." That keeps me on my toes.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
I got hung up on the first part, and it made the second part seem totally inconsequential.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Life is whatever you make it.

Not entirely true.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Since when was life non transitional? You could be having a swell time at one moment, and nasty time in another. If life was this non-changing placid experience, I think the meds are doing a great job zombifying folks.

In that first line, I was just expressing a personal turning point. Its a turning point from complacency. The tolerance was mentioned to imple the need for re-evaluation of reasons for the "high". I hope thats more clear.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 01:34:10 am by 1582 »

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Kinda ****ty at the moment - I can't find a job, so money is ridiculously tight, and, despite having to live about 1.5 - 2 hours away from home, I can't even get the Student support Government money that 90% of students get. And given the capitolistic nature of our society, that screws me up royally. :(
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by an0n
As it is, you get the cold, hard facts: Everything dies. Old people more frequently so. [/B]

Nope. Old people die just as frequently as everyone else does. Once :lol:
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Originally posted by Kalfireth

Not wasted. Trust me. Since I'm on a gap year with near-full time employment I've had money to burn on alcohol... it's not helped one little bit. Infact it's worse the next day - the general grey depression of the world just throbs more when viewed through a hangover :)

And how often have we seen those 15-17 year old teenage girls crying out and pretty drunkenly mumbling something like "no one likesh me, I'm sho fat and ugly BWUhuhuuuu".

All too often. Drinkin while angsty really leads to problems. But if you stay drunk all the time, chances are that you won't get a chance to become angsty. Maybe. :D (Which I haven't tried out since 2001, so n/m.)
lol wtf

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Yeah, I can't say I've ever broken down and cried over anything - my point was that 6 months ago I was able to get happily drunk and enjoy myself. Now I don't get that at all... so it's sober times for me.

(And yeah, I know alcohol is a depressent, like I said I used to get happy while drunk).

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
God, you're all a bunch of whiny babies.
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
My life is good enough. What makes it good? My girl, my jobs, and helpin those who need it.

And Styxx, that was really rude.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 08:26:56 am by 368 »

Offline J3Vr6

I have an approximate 65% satisfaction record in my life right now, with a deviation of 5%.  What makes my life good?  My girl, my kitty, and my car.  What could make my life happier?  Knowing my job is secure.
"I wanna drink til I'm drunk, and smoke til I'm senseless..."
-Tricky

"Hey barkeep, who's leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"
-Brian, Family Guy

Offline 01010

Life rocks. Even though I have a sucky job and live in a sucky town, life is just good.
What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet sweet music? - Refused - Liberation Frequency.

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by Unknown Target

Indeed. He should've said something along the lines "Almost everyone of you, except a percentage small enough to be considered  a rounding error, are a bunch of whiny babies"
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 10:44:44 am by 390 »
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions

Bit me.

Besides, I was going to say "whiny *****es" but decided to go for a mild version. Be happy.

:p
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by Corsair
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Eh, if you have a box of chocolates you get... chocolates :blah:
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...

Maybe. But its true.