Author Topic: Freespace 3 ?  (Read 6443 times)

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Zerg Lurkers are evil... :D
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
They're hella cool. What you mean? :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
Originally posted by Moonsword
Okay, since no one's done it yet:

Have fun, folks.

:lol: always get a laugh from that.

Although it would be nice to see a sequel to that story :nod:

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
part 2: t3h b34ms w0n't fiRE !!!112oneone
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
Originally posted by Xelion
Although it would be nice to see a sequel to that story :nod:

the only way there could be a sequel is if FS3 actually is made. then Turnsky could make one about FS4.

DUD3!
F$4??
5W33T!!
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Idiot on Ground: "ARRGH!  My hands and other leg!"

Guy with Gun: "Do you get the point, or do we need to do this again?"
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Originally posted by Moonsword
BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Idiot on Ground: "ARRGH!  My hands and other leg!"

Guy with Gun: "Do you get the point, or do we need to do this again?"

i'd bring the doomvac out of retirement for the next one.;)
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Who needs FS3 anyway. Anything they make will porbably still suck in comparison to the SCP and mods that use it (*cough* Inferno *cough*)
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Genryu

Idiot on the ground : Tis just a scratch !!

*Sound of beam preparing to fire*

Idiot on the ground : Hu-ho....
Man is making better fool proof machines everyday. Nature is making bigger fools everyday. So far, Nature is winning.
- Albert Einstein
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?"
- Gandhi

Sound of Shivans as it suddenly gets dark...

Idiot on Ground: "Sh1vans! SW33T!"

SJ Satahans rolls in...

Idiot on Ground: "I'm about to get blasted!  SW33T!"

Guy with Gun: "Fire when ready."

BZZZZZZZZZTTTT!

Guy with Gun: "There won't be an FS3 becuase they said so, got it?"
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
i believe an0n modified the FS3 comic a bit.  I wouldn't know where to find it.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by Raa Tor'h
They're hella cool. What you mean? :p

Don't think so - Broodwar unbalanced the game even more than it already was.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
What do you mean? Zerg in the original were much more powerful than the Terran and Protoss. Now the Terrans have only a slight advantage. :p
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
I disagree.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Depends on the player. But for AI:

Unless it's a rush, Protoss slaughter Zerg.
Protoss slaughter Terran.
Terran Slaughter Zerg.

Usually, atleast, that is what I've witnessed. It's usually left between Terran and Protoss at the end of an 8 player FFA.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Everyone tries to rush at the very beginning of the game, if they play Zerg.

And since they always lose the first rush they're pretty much doomed.
lol wtf

It'd suck if FS3 came out within the next two years.  It's kill the SCP community.

...And you mean Zerg < Teran < Protoss?
For great justice.

Offline ehkz

Well for all of u guys who decided to flame me even trying to do it inadvertintaly...I do feel my thread was relavent. The link to the story had a relavant referance to the topic. There is a reason i put a big "?" after freespace 3. Who knows maybe Interplay re-releasing freespace2 and this news comment from a very repuutable game site could be just a coincidence or maybe something is really going on. Maybe interplay finally did a marketing audit for freespace 2 or just used common sense(U cant teach a person common sense) and realized that they could make money continuing it.  So why not try? I would if i was head of that company...well if i took it over now, wouldent make all there bonehead decisions they have made thusfar,  hell if i saw what fanbase is still out for this game and how much it is still selling for i would just use common sense and make peace/alliances/whatever with what i would need to make pt3.  Maybe the whole descent reference to the topic could be for a descent4(in reference to a ground base shooter) or whatever, that is why i put a question mark at the end of my post topic.  I am not going to post in this topic anymore except for the day that a freespace 3 release is announced, wheather it be by interplay, volition, trition dynamics, ehkz.inc, or whatever with all the rights i will just do a huge "LOL" at all of u. And possibly a "eat my shivan shorts"

Dare to dream

Forgot to include i was drunk while doing this response so pls forgive any spelling mistakes:P\\

"Remember that time at the freespace terran-vasudan picnic when i hit that home run and you guys didint think i would catch it too but i did?"
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 06:31:19 am by 1365 »

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
1. Spelling and clarity.

2. It's not that your post wasn't relevant, but as karajorma's FAQ says: "Most people of FS community are sick of FS3 talk". Because honestly, we get more than our fair share of it, and nothing ever comes out of it. The news you referred to have already been mentioned before (though I believe you didn't know it). There is always faint hope for FS3, but during the last couple of years or signs of FS3 have been found baseless.

But I admit the HLP's hatred for FS3-related questions is sometimes pretty foolish.
lol wtf

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
You know...
Fact1: they're might be one, some day. Why? Coz nothing prevents it, it's that simple :p
Fact2: if they announced FS3 tomorrow, I wouldn't actually wet my pants or anything. I probably just wouldn't care. Or it'd have to be a darn good game, coz it being FS wouldn't do anything to me ( I consider the FS universe somehow... lacking, if you get what I mean ).
On the other hand, rather than whimpering about them not having the FS license anymore, Volition could just have made another space sim, with a brand new franchise. But no, they prefer to do Britney Spear games, so I'm fine with that too.
SCREW CANON!