Author Topic: RELEASE: Renegade Resurgence v1.0  (Read 31743 times)

RELEASE: Renegade Ressurgence v1.0
I thought you werent supposed to put the .vp's in the mod's data folder. Thats what works for my other campaigns.
It happens when I click Run in the Launcher.
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

I have the same problem. It seems, that one ship in the tbl-file is not present in the vp. But it´s there, so i think, it has something to do with the SCP-Build. I´m using Bobb´s new one (07_04) and get the error message. Using Bobb´s Build 05_23 it works properly, but so you miss some cool features, like showing the name of the targeted ship.

Offline TilenN

Loved it for most part. The story is great, but you should really let some more background into the campaign sooner - ie. not at the end :) - but guess that's too late now. Oh and the pof files solved the problem, as i was using vanilla fs2. And I felt the ending came just a bit abrupt. Like there were some 5 missions missing.

Good work! I hope this is not the only campaign from you... *starts praying*

Offline Zarax

TopAce, if you are interested in working on a new MOD drop me a PM and you might be interested...
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I'll consider this offer. . .
I promised the SWC staff that all my concentration will be placed in the Star Wars project. I also would like to release a smaller campaign(7-10 missions without any MODs) in the future. I still do not have any ideas about the story.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Zarax

Rise of GCA doesn't require extra MODs, as i designed it around available models in order to speed up things... Chapter 1 uses mostly FS2 ships plus a few things from the port...
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Jetmech Jr.
It refuses to work. I keep getting some error message about not being able to find the base file of Valkyrie#Repair, or something. Any help?

This error message can be fixed with my newest build: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,24965.0.html
-C

Offline WMCoolmon

Okay, played the first three missions. Looks pretty good; I especially liked flying as Alpha 4 as a change :D

All I can see are some logic errors. For example, the NTF + HOL? It doesn't make much sense - NTF was anti-Vasudan, only Bosch himself had the same sort of ideology as the HOL. I realize this might change later on, but it seems a silly assumption for Command to make without some explanation (ie radical elements of the NTF which were aware of and supported Bosch's goal of contacting the Shivans).

Also, in the second part there's one confusing sentence, something like, "We expect the NTF to make an attack on the research station, because as it was never completed, there is nothing to interest the NTF there."
-C

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
Okay, played the first three missions. Looks pretty good; I especially liked flying as Alpha 4 as a change :D

All I can see are some logic errors. For example, the NTF + HOL? It doesn't make much sense - NTF was anti-Vasudan, only Bosch himself had the same sort of ideology as the HOL. I realize this might change later on, but it seems a silly assumption for Command to make without some explanation (ie radical elements of the NTF which were aware of and supported Bosch's goal of contacting the Shivans).
..."

This NTF is not that NTF. Complete the whole campaign and read the debriefing of the last mission.

Also, in the second part there's one confusing sentence, something like, "We expect the NTF to make an attack on the research station, because as it was never completed, there is nothing to interest the NTF there

Found it:
Construction on the research station has yet to be completed. As far as we assume, the NTF will attempt to capture or destroy the station. Since the scientists never began their tasks, there will be nothing of interest to the NTF.

I guess you meant this.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 04:17:22 am by 1079 »

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by TopAce
Found it:
Construction on the research station has yet to be completed. As far as we assume, the NTF will attempt to capture or destroy the station. Since the scientists never began their tasks, there will be nothing of interest to the NTF.

I guess you meant this.

Looking at that one again I guess it could be a little more clear that there won't be anything to interest the NTF but that they'll only find that out after they actually capture the station :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

None of the download links work.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
The problem must be with swooh. They used to work.
Yeah, I checked www.swooh.com and the MSN search came.

Offline WMCoolmon

Gotcha kara, that was just a bit confusing.

This NTF is not that NTF. Complete the whole campaign and read the debriefing of the last mission.

Sort of what I suspected. Still seems a bit odd for Command to jump to that conclusion, but then, this Command is much more friendly than the original. Maybe they just have strong beliefs that anyone can get along... ;)
-C

Are there any other links?

Offline WMCoolmon

I just downloaded a copy from the link on the modDB page, that was at Swooh, as well as the download link. Are they still not working for you?

However, the reason I did it was because one of the files seems to be corrupted. In m03_RR.fs2:
Code: [Select]

$Name: Pisces 2 ;! Object #12
$Class: GTF Myrmidon
$Alt: NTF Myrmidon

$Team: Hostile
$Location: 901.640076, -0.000468, 6900.085449
$Orientation:
1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000,
0.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000,
0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000
$IFF: IFF 1
$AI Behavior: None
+AI Class: U‹ìjè®; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;

$Cargo 1:  XSTR("Nothing", 13)
+Initial Velocity: 33
+Initial Hull: 100
+Subsystem: Pilot
+Secondary Banks: ( "Rockeye" "Rockeye" "Tempest" )
$Arrival Location: Hyperspace
$Arrival Cue: ( false )
$Departure Location: Hyperspace
$Departure Cue: ( false )
$Determination: 10
+Flags: ( "cargo-known" )
+Respawn priority: 0
+Group: 0
+Score: 40

Edit: Same problem for Libra 2 and Gemini 1, 2, and 3

I set the AI for Pisces 2 to Lt, Libra to something, and removed the variable for Gemini wing. I'm not sure if that's correct though.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 02:55:02 pm by 374 »
-C

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm curious...is it possible to destroy the Phobos in mission 15 without using cheats?  That's what I took "something command doesn't expect" to mean :p.  I tried just about everything I could, but I couldn't even get close to taking it down normally.  Was that captured cruiser supposed to do something?  Most of the time, it just ran into the hostile Deimos, but when it didn't, it simply blew up at the end of its waypoints, without triggering the bonus objective.  I've gone on past there, but did I do something wrong? :p

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I was curious is one of you discover the Phobos is destroyable. I managed to destroy it without cheats. Give it a try. Your work will not be a lot easier if you manage to destroy it, but do not forget the amount of score you get for killing it.

WMCoolmon's error is a weird one, I hardly can understand it, I did not forget to include the ai.tb(which has some more 'AI skill levels'). But how is that some people could complete the entire campaign without meeting this error?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2004, 04:21:03 am by 1079 »

Offline mitac

"maybe you should do sth unexpected" was the line that made me curious on the Phobos. Didn't manage it, though, the fighters were the problem, since all of my wingmates jumped out once told so. Alone against two wings was tough, and it sure feels like you didn't give them the lowest AI-Level, Topace. ;)
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Right. :)

Why are there so many missions where I can't get primary weapons, and where some debug error pops up?