Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2673259 times)

Offline Tantalus53

• That one guy with the thing
    • Steam
Re: A celebration of Freespace
Idk if i myself would call that beam a subspace invertor.
Just from the screenshot it's beam glow is a subspace vortex, and the blast is subspace energy?
Subspace invertor because i guess some part of normal space gets displaced when subspace enters normal space.

I don't see the application of how it'd be a weapon even if am wrong about calling it a subspace invertor. It's subspace being harnessed in a much different manner. Since subspace is generally used for ftl, this idea reminds me of an ftl slingshot.

Now that is a good inference, and is very believable. Since i haven't really thought out all the technical jargon behind it (just how i want to use it) Methinks ill save this comment..

And yeah, its the MediaVP's warp-map effect from the 3_6_10 Beta. The textures are just repeating textures from the High-def. version of the Subspace Skybox effect (Noise01, Noise01b) that i extracted from 3_6_9.

Offline Tantalus53

• Steam
Dear lord in heaven... That shot's beautiful ShadowGorrath...  :eek2:

:yes:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
So since there don't seem to be people interested in ASW on SectorGame, I am posting 1 screenshot here. There are 2 other ASW screenies on the ASW eyecandy thread on ASW's forums by ASW, sponsored by the ASW team, for ASW.

Here is the ASW screenie from the current version of ASW and the ASW mission:

WOO! MY SPECIES!

...and it's not that we're not interested in ASW, Shadow. It's hosted in the wrong place if you ask me.

My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
So since there don't seem to be people interested in ASW on SectorGame, I am posting 1 screenshot here. There are 2 other ASW screenies on the ASW eyecandy thread on ASW's forums by ASW, sponsored by the ASW team, for ASW.

Well, mabye you should kick off more than just the know ancients in fornt of cool backgrounds....
why not kicking the cruiser I gave you into the open? - that will sure raise some eyebrows ;) (I did)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
...and it's not that we're not interested in ASW, Shadow. It's hosted in the wrong place if you ask me.
No. SG is the second best place to go for hosting. No hosting policy either...

WOO! MY SPECIES!

New background... thanks!
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Thanks? Huh? What? Are you gonna steal it? :nervous:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
That really looks good. Well done! :yes:

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Does anyone have a image of a Sobek firing its foward beam cannons?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I think there's already one on this thread.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter

What I find interesting about the Ancient destroyer is that it's a stretched and enlarged Serapis with turrets. :lol:

Offline Tantalus53

• Steam
What I find interesting about the Ancient destroyer is that it's a stretched and enlarged Serapis with turrets. :lol:

... Maybe I'm slow, but I'm /just/ noticing that... and now that i think about it, its suddenly obvious.
 :wakka:

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
We've got more destroyers for the Ancients though.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Damn straight we do.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

I really like these pictures, does anybody mind if I copy them onto my Hdd and use them as wallpapers?

Seriously doubt anyone would have any problem whatsoever with you doing that.  Not as though it has any effect on them.

Thats good cause so far since I've started playing FS I have collected as many as I can :)
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

That's the Pylos, isn't it?
* Androgeos Exeunt looks at any Inferno member in the vicinity.

When I first saw that Ancient corvette to the right, I was vaguely reminded of the Moloch.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Yes, its the Pylos.
Its a stretched Serapis, but we're only showing it because noone has seen the new ones before. hehehe.

As for the Phiastos, yeah. It looks more like a Moloch-Deimos hybrid to me though.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
To me it looks more like a Moloch + Iceni.

Offline Romanmolf

• n00b... And loving it
Exactly.

Imagine what would happen if they didn't change its speed. :drevil:

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever

Well, mabye you should kick off more than just the know ancients in fornt of cool backgrounds....
why not kicking the cruiser I gave you into the open? - that will sure raise some eyebrows ;) (I did)

Oh, we will use that cruiser, I suppose. But not in the first release. ;)