Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2657419 times)

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Re: A celebration of Freespace
Only the engine is still 'Freespace', everything else is new. ;)

I got a few more way more impressive shots, but they contain spoilers. I cannot post them. :(

BTW please note, this is still WIP. The final version will look better.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I love the little Fox McCloud in the cockpit. How detailed is he?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work

« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 08:42:50 am by Fury »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
As suggested by Fury, a shot of the VPK in action. One of 4:

Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Somehow I'm feeling forced to post more shots now... ;)

--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Kie99

Those shots are ****ing incredible.  Especially IPAndrews'.  I think need a new computer though.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Sexxxy!
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
maybe it's not done yet? :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omfg those screenshots look so good its almost indecent to view. I must have TBP! You go guis. Oh and the new ship cant tell from wich campaign it is look shokingly good.

Uhuuu i guis deserve some champagne!
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline aceofspades

• Janitor on a SJ Sathanas
I wonder if the Shivans eat chocolate? Or play FS2, for that matter.

Offline Darius

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4193/screen00602ba.jpg

This is my new desktop wallpaper. That shot is unbelievable. It looks like a freakin' render.  :eek2:

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Custom GTF Valkyrie!

Edited the textures all by myself today (..or yesterday, actually...). I'm actually quite proud of how this one turned out, considering my almost complete lack of prior experience with texturing anything at all.

I made it by editing the retail texture with a pencil. No, not the GIMP tool but an analog, honest-to-god lead pencil. I printed the retail texture and made it better, then scanned it and edited it onto this. If you like it and if you want it, get the textures from the thread named CPR for GTF Valkyrie. And please offer some feedback, too. Be it positive or negative.  :D
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot

Yes, I know it's been ongoing for like 2 years, but how DARE you have a celebration of Freespace2 without the Goa'uld? (Start bowing Tauri scum)...

Gliders Attack!

Klingon Academy, SFC3, and Bridge Commander all showed how good they look in the SCP engine.

Fighter phasers, torpedoes, and the prettiest ship in the Romulan (TMP) Navy have all come a long way.

FS2 has even entered the realm of fan fiction at Spacebattles.com mainly by me posting moments in time of various VERSUS stories...

Like a hypothetical encounter in "A Thin Veneer...

Eventually,  the universes of anime have exploded into motion by the SCP. Witness the silent majesty of the Ikazuchi carrier by Ancient Angel.

Even Yamato and some of her sister ships arose from their watery graves and gave the Shivans what for...

Curses! You live yet another day Tau'ri. Your Asgard protectors have come to your rescue once more. But be warned, one day we will enslave you all despite their interferance! Jaffa KREE! This Transmission is terminated!

Let the Celebration continue!!!  :yes:
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
Let the Celebration continue!!! :yes:

As you wish!

First, courtesy of Awakenings, which I just recently played for the first time through... the GTC Ouroboros, Fenris-class cruiser, bathing in the red light as an omen for the near future...

(EDIT: Actually I'm not 100% sure if it was in the Awakenings campaign, but who cares, it's a pretty Fenris altogether.)

Then a little something from the normal campaign... I never cease to amaze the accuracy of the cockpit models of the fighters that have them. They are truly outstanding job, kudos to the maker(s). Not to forget all people who have HTLed the ships, too...

Love the Treason! The cavalry arrives just in time in form of the Skull Squadron, equipped with the new GTF Erinyes Heavy Fighter, quickly dispatching any remaining NTF opposition.

The Skull Squadron's pilots are the elite of the elite...

...and their equipment is straight from the GTVA laboratories.

Whereas deep-cover operatives like Lt.Cmdr Snipes have to trust in their sharp wit.

I know it's purely coincidental, but that expression on the pilot's face in the last pic was just dead-on for those replics of Snipes.  :cool:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 08:27:43 pm by Herra Tohtori »
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

I don't know how the hell you got that close to a fighter, but  :yes:

As for my favorite FS moment.... it wasn't in FS2  :p

It was in Transcend.

The final mission.....

Anyone who has the capabilityto play Transcend and hasn't by now is insane.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 10:34:04 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
I don't know how the hell you got that close to a fighter, but  :yes:

Why thank you. As a reward, I'll tell you my secret...

I went into external camera by Numpad ","-key, then set the hud off by Shift+O so that targeting brackets disappear. Then I just zoomed away from my craft and put some of the Skull Erinyes' between the camera and my Herc 2. You can see my craft in second and third Erinyes picture, centered in the screen. It wasn't that easy in practice, though. The amounts of zoom adjustment were so small that hitting the + and - keys often resulted in getting inside the model, or too far. I wanted to show the detail in the model and the cockpit, but I wanted it to be seen from outside so that the stars would reflect from the glass. Plus, getting inside the model would've caused clipping for sure.

Oh and about Transcend - it rocks. Shame I don't have any shots right now. But you must agree that screenies couldn't remotely do justice to the campaign - it's too scary to possibly conceive in single shots. All those freaky communications are just dead on, and the campaign climaxes very nicely. If you haven't already played it, do so.  :nod:

Offline Darius

A Raynor gives a broadside to a Sirona. Testing out a variant on the Terran Huge Turret.

Stratcomm's fleet pack in formation.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Argh, I missed release of the Sirona somehow. I did a seach but the two links I found are inactive.  Any other links?
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Darius

Try Hades Combine.  :yes:

Raynor broadside in motion.