Author Topic: I return, bearing gifts.  (Read 3894 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I return, bearing gifts.
Greetings from The Land Beyond Real Life.

It's a new semester and I'm back on campus and back online. I know I've been missed so let me just say it's great to see all of you here. :)
I have much to catch up on, though Hippo's been generous in keeping me up to date with the main events, including Interplay, Derek Smart, Stencil Shadows, the POF2MAX converter, etc. So here's the list of people I need to get in touch with:
  • Styxx: I have the Mjolnir; it should be on its way. Is Max 5 format okay? Also, I couldn't help noticing your MT teaser pic. Who made it, and would they be interested in re-making all the FS1 primaries and secondaries? In exchange I'll make you as many full 3D SSANIs as you could ask for.
  • Krackers87: Ask Styxx for the Mjolnir.
  • Sesquipedalian: How's SA coming along (at all)? I'll bring the Viraj back up and work on its finalizing, hopefully made easier with the new converter.
  • Goober: I'll discuss Port and ST:R stuff in the internal forum. As for TVWP Vasudan models, I have some ideas bouncing around. Keep on me for those.
  • Karma: Excellent progress on the SWTC. I should be able to do some management work on that now.
  • Woomeister: Got any more crummy models you'd like revamped? Send 'em my way.
  • Black Wolf: Holy guacamole, no posts in NTV since April? The stench of decay is overwhelming. We need a conference to decide what to do with it.
  • Setekh: Heard about your loss. My deepest sypathies. My prayers are with you and your family.
  • Stunaep: To DatDB, or not to DatDB; that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the beams and lasers of outrageous models, or take arms against a sea of troubles. In other words, what's going on there?
  • Aldo: I doubt you need me for Reci anymore, so you can remove me from your staff list etc. whenever you like.
That should be it. Well, I've saved the best for last; I didn't want to show up empty-handed, so here is my gift to you.
The four player-flyable ships from Descent 3, in POF format, with all the bells and whistles, including fully animated interface art.

You're welcome.

Download Descent 3 ships: Pyro GL, Black Pyro, Phoenix and Magnum AHT

I'm not really equipped for screenies right now, can someone else oblige? Thanks.

Well, I think that's it. It's great to be back, and I'm looking forward to many more future months with the old crew. See you in subspace!

Galemp

:yes2:;7:yes:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Possibly the most disturbing smiley I have ever seen. :shaking: ;)

Welcome back, man. Got heaps to talk to you about. Thanks for the condolences. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Welcome back Galemp! :) Always good to see a familiar face return :D

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Stunaep: To DatDB, or not to DatDB; that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the beams and lasers of outrageous models, or take arms against a sea of troubles. In other words, what's going on there?

We have been trying to find out that same thing with no success. All we get are answers like "Cheese". Not very descriptive.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Re: I return, bearing gifts.
Originally posted by Galemp
I have the Mjolnir

omg omg...is that the hi-poly Mjolnir? :eek:

PS: Welcome back. :p
-C

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
pictures!!!!!!!!11  Where are they!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

:D  Now get on ST:R
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Wooooo! Yay! Don't ever disappear again! :p

I have to agree with Steak about the smilie...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Originally posted by Setekh
Possibly the most disturbing smiley I have ever seen. :shaking: ;)

'Look Mom, I can put Marigold gloves on my ears!' ;)

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Welcome, good to see you back :D
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Good morning, and welcome to the Black Mesa transit system Hard Light Productions. This automated train is provided for the security and convenience of the HLP personnel. The time is 8:47 A.M. Current topside temperature is 93 degrees with an estimated high of 105. The HLP compound is maintained at a pleasant 68 degrees at all times. This train is inbound from level 3 dormitories to sector C forums. If your intended destination is a high security area beyond sector C, you will need to return to the central transit hub in area 9 and board a high security train. If you have not yet submitted your identity to the retinal clearance system, you must report to Hard Light personnel for processing before you will be permitted into the high security branch of the transit system.

Due to the high toxicity of material routinely handled in the HLP compound, no smoking, eating, or drinking are permitted within the Hard Light transit system. Please keep your limbs inside the train at all times. Do not attempt to open the doors until the train has come to a complete halt at the station platform. In the event of an emergency, passengers are to remain seated and await further instruction. If it is necessary to exit the forum, disabled personnel should be evacuated first. Please, stay away from electrified posts and proceed to an emergency station until assistance arrives.

:welcome:

Welcome back that is... :p
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Welcome back, GE. :)

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Dear god man.

Do the words "working on too many projects" mean anything to you?

RAWR!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
GE!  Welcome back!  Go to the DatDB internal and look at the last thread, it may or may not answer any questions you have about campaign status.  I've said more there.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Strat, what about the rest of us? :p
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Welcome Back Galemb :)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
hey GE.  long time :)

check the SCP forum for some real fun.  and SA has basically restarted since Sesq returned not too long ago and I have time to do school work
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Welcome back :)
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
wow.  all four D3 ships.  amazing.  i can't wait to check them out

:):yes:

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
omg.....he's back, that brings back memories from when glowmapping was new.....

Anyway, welcome :)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
'lo again