Author Topic: Looking good  (Read 5467 times)

Some of the stuff here is pretty good, you guys should really approch the project 7 guys,

http://holdtheline.game-host.org/

the stuff they are doing, blows my mind, I am in the closed beta and I must say the high quality ships, like the narn, hyperion, are beyond anything ever done for b5, not to mention they are creating textures totaly from scracth, and fixing the cheap ass textures used in the show, that were just mapped any old way and then colored, and they are only 4000 polys, much better then "low" poly ships people make at 6000.

I Cant wait for r3, played and still do play r2 with my friends

Keep up the b5 fight!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Thanks.

This is second time we're pointed there, so I guess its worth looking at. Will be discussed at least.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Didn't I post this in HL?

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Welcome to HLP, WeAreKosh. :)

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Kosh seems to be a very popular character.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline tomcat

• Dark Lord of Truespace
nehhh Stekh .... maybe Kosher :)
Truespace is the path of the Dark Side
-----------------------------------------------
Dark Truespace Master Tomcat

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Originally posted by Kosh

Yes.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Edwin

Originally posted by Kosh

yeah, kosh OWNS.  the original kosh, not that blue bastard that replaces him later on.

Offline -Norbert-

I think the green came from the parts of lorien.
Remeber? "A part of Kosh, a part of me"

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Originally posted by Edwin

yeah, kosh OWNS.  the original kosh, not that blue bastard that replaces him later on.

Kosh? With red eyes?

Offline Edwin

i dont recal seeing any eys on him at all, when he's not in his enviro suit (only in one episode i think)  he looks like a giant-squid made of pure energy.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Fine his, eye hole camera thingy in the front of his encounter suit. Who knows, maybe he was a devil vorlon. :P

EDIT: Giant squid? I thought it was like a stream of energy that was pretty formless. Anyhoo that begs the question why he didnt look like some diety to the people watching when both Kosh's faught.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 10:31:51 pm by 944 »

Offline Edwin

becaase the only people watching were Station Security personell, everyone else had been evacuated from the planned area-of-confrontation.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'm guessing that Vorlons appear angelic only when they want to.  When Kosh made his appearance at the end of Season 2, he afterwards said that it was a great strain being seen by so many at once.  That implies that it required telepathic action on his part to create the angel form.  Since there were so many different races there at once, he had to project a different telepathic signal specific to each species, all at the same time, in order that his projection would appear to match each race.  I'm guessing that Kosh's replacement (which many sources name "Ulkesh") wasn't particularily concerned with maintaining the angel projection, since everone arround him was trying to kill him.  He was right pissed off and didn't care about maintaining an illusion to a bunch of 'bugs'.  On the subject of Vorlons, I also get the impression that they are not pure energy, but rather are plasma life forms.  Lorien on the other hand, with his abililty to take complete corporial form, then switch to the 'light ball', thing would suggest that he is pure energy in his natural state, but can switch from energy to matter, and take corporial form.  Just my impressions.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline -Norbert-

Well the vorlons are also able to take a kind of corporal form.
How could Kosh have saved Sheridan if they can't?
He really grabed the Captains hands. I really don't think that he employed some kind of telecinetic there.
And remember he tryed to look to everyone in his/her species, so there was no way to do that with a corporal body, which would look the same for everyone. And when you get shot with PPGs its better to have no "real" body, so the shots pass through you, like they did on that episoe.

Offline Kosh

Originally posted by Edwin
i dont recal seeing any eys on him at all, when he's not in his enviro suit (only in one episode i think)  he looks like a giant-squid made of pure energy.

A pair of red eyes suddenly appeared on him when he was staring at Delenn (out if his encounter suit of course).

I thought that Ulkesh was just cool. He was a real badass. The first one was wise, and was pretty cool.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error

Offline Edwin

chop the 'bad' part and you got it covered.  the blue kosh was nothing but mean a bastard. c'mon, the ass shot everyone he thought he could get away with shooting  (miss winters, various security personell, sheridan etc...)

Offline Kosh

:wtf: he never shot miss winters. She was gone towards the end of the second season.

Brain I/O error

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I think he meant Leeta Alexander
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon