Author Topic: RELEASE: Just Another Day  (Read 28931 times)

Offline Axem

RELEASE: Just Another Day
THIS CAMPAIGN HAS BEEN RERELEASED! PLEASE GO HERE TO PLAY AN EVEN BETTER VERSION!

Right, well, it's another mini-campaign by me. This one is along the same lines of Deus Ex Machina, in short, its a comedy. This shall complete my trifecta of FreeSpace humour and move on to other stuff...for awhile. Here is the official description!

---

Today was like any other day. The birds were singing, the sky was blue. Then came tomorrow...

YOU

ARE

Alpha 1, newly recruited to the GTVA. Your lifetime experience handling such unknown craft as the TIE Fighter and the Ferret puts you incharge of the great Alpha Wing.

It is now time for your very first assignment. Loads of spam are hurting everybody in the GTVA, their mailboxes are too large for GMail2, bandwidth is so slow, it takes an hour to download 100TB. Truely dark times. Fight off the forces of darkness and free your mailbox from the cluches of EEEEEEEVIIIIIIIL!

Get ready to see the following things in random order in 6 action packed missions!

- plotholes!
- copyright infringements!
- references to Disco Music!
- the power of ETAM, the next-next-generation of ETAK!
- God*!
- unexpected twist ending!
- AND MORE!

Coming...NOW!

[size=-1]*God may not be God, your God may vary.[/size]

[size=-2]**Any resembelence between this and Deus Ex Machina is entirely coincidental...maybe...[/size]

---

It's all VP'ed, just drop it in the FS2 Root directory and play it. Also included is a squad patch (42nd Hitchhikers ;)) and a mysterious wav file. Don't play it, or it'll ruin it all!! This was tested on Normal, I don't know how it'll work on Insane or Very Easy. Sometimes messages get sent at the same time so they may be out of synch of whats happening. You'll really see this in Mission 3, nothing much I can do about it though. The missions are tougher than DEM, you'll actually do some flying to survive. And with that...

Screenies!

It's a trap!
You'll be flying this for most of the time.
It's more Bosch Beer!
There's pain, and then there's Motrin pain...

And what you are all looking for...

Go see the link at the very top to play the rereleased version!

Just remember, you do need the SCP to play. Now to start on A Pirate's Life, another campaign that I'll post stuff about later. Have fun!

EDIT: Oops, forgot to include a Readme. It's not needed, but I like to have them there.

2nd EDIT: Updated VP is up. Minor fixes in 3 missions, but I forgot what one of the fixes was...

3rd EDIT: REMOVED!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:36:17 pm by Axem »

Offline Cyker

Yay! A PROFESSIONAL B-campaign! :D :lol:

DL now, will play tomorrow, when sleep have had... uh...

DEM was very good. I have a problem to complete DEM, because it was so funny :D
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Originally posted by Cyker
Yay! A PROFESSIONAL B-campaign! :D :lol:

DL now, will play tomorrow, when sleep have had... uh...

Naaaah. This thing is a work of art. ART I SAY!

Just about as good as DEM. Almost.

P.S.

Rock on! I haven't seen a campaign released AT ALL, for some time. Except Inferno, of course. *Awaits R1.5 and (can it be?) R2, and even (good lord) R3.

*Dies of anticipation, much to the satisfaction of his numerous, yet amusing, enemies

Offline Axem

This? Work of art? Nah, you were probably playing Homesick or something.

I have to play DEM again to see how much I ripped off of it... :p

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'll give it a try tomorrow, but it looks great from what I've seen.
Spoiler:
I'm especially curious as to what purpose the song "Disco Inferno," which I found in the VP file, can have :p.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 12:17:53 am by 1965 »

Offline Axem

Re: RELEASE: Just Another Day
Originally posted by Axem
and a mysterious wav file. Don't play it, or it'll ruin it all!!

Bad Mongoose!

;)

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
I'm blind!!! :lol:
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Crap! I goofed! :p

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Heh sounds funny *Downloads""!
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline JR2000Z

I finished the whole campaign.

And what's worse is that I enjoyed it.
I finally destoryed the Shivan armada and all I got was this lousy T shirt.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Loved it. Nice ending - and great music too!
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I liked it. There was one technical problem in that we are not given the ability to scroll in the command briefings in the first mission. The result was that I could not read 95% of what it said.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Axem

Ah-ha! Found the problem! Use of semi-colons in the orginal message, which do not carry well to FS2. I'll upload a new one a bit later. It'll have some other fixes I missed too.

EDIT: Which I just did.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 08:26:25 pm by 1840 »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I still remember thinking, when I heard that background music..."My god, he IS evil!"

And...let's see...riffs of...Final Fantasy (twice), Star Trek, Stargate...those are the ones I remember off the top of my head, anyways.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Axem

Okay, I remember using FF once (Bard), but what was the second one you saw? It probably slipped in unconsciously while listening to an FF soundtrack when making the mission...

Use spoiler tags ([ spoiler] [/ spoiler]) if you want, so you don't ruin it for other people. *Glares at Mongoose*

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Spoiler:
A Rakka...A Raskcha...RA...some Shivan cruiser just came out of the portal. Go kill it!
:lol:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
All right, I went back and edited my post.  Happy now? :p

Great campaign, by the way.  I was cracking up at some of the lines in there.
Spoiler:
"He sings well for a dead guy" :p

I did have a glitch where half of the ships, both fighters and capital ships, would show up as completely invisible except for engine trails.  While I could wear down their shields, I couldn't kill them except by using secondaries.  This forced me to cheat in a few of the missions in order to kill some persistent capital ships.  (That's the first time I've equipped beam cannons through cheats while using the SCP; nothing like letting a BFRed rip :p)  Mind you, I had to temporarily install SCP on my old family computer, which is by no means qualified to run it (we're talking 5 seconds/frame at some points :p), so I'm sure that's where the errors were coming from.  Very nicely done :D.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 12:24:34 am by 1965 »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Spoiler:
The Colossus X-2? Final Fantasy...X-2?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline JR2000Z

Spoiler:
This is the GTVA Co... HOLY CRAP! FULL STOP!! FULL ST... *smack*

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I finally destoryed the Shivan armada and all I got was this lousy T shirt.