Author Topic: We are not dead!  (Read 20966 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by Raa
Lol. We're like the only internal that constantly has activity. :p

Quite untrue: The MindGames and the SWC internals both have daily activity.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Though their content is worse. :p

[disclaimer: This post must not be taken seriously]
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
You guys aren't active?:eek2: :p (j/k

Though their content is worse.

MT wins:p, I bet TVWP looks good :) when released
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 01:07:28 pm by 153 »
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I dunno... We have alot of talent here. And our stuff is right up there with MT...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
What I seen TVWP stuff is sweet indeed (it would be nice if you guys would show some battle screenshots you know(lot shooting etc. but that is too much asked eh?:)

anyway I can't wait release

I dunno... We have alot of talent here. And our stuff is right up there with MT...

I was Kinda joking there, Well Myself I expect only top notch stuff from TVWP team:yes: :yes:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 01:22:01 pm by 153 »

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Yep. Too much indeed.

Stop pressuring us to release screenies! We're busy working on the actual content! We can't waste time taking screenshots... ;)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Take the SWC as an example: We have enough time to take screenshots and make progress as well. :thepimp:
Hire someone whose job is to take screenshots only, it would save much time and your popularity will certainly increase.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Now don't u go AWOL on us! and if u do, i think that pizza I stole while delivering it to Swamp...never mind...

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
From what I've seen, TVWP has (or will have) the highest visual quality of any campaigns in the make.

I mean, name me ONE other campaign that 100% supports alpha_envmapping. :)

I havent seen a lot MT screenies, I have to admit, though.

-edit: TopAce: I'm not a huge fan of posting semi-decent half-done screenshots. I actually dislike the whole idea of too much screenshots and stuff. The TVWP should be something fresh and surprising (like when you first played the retail campaigns), not like something you already know inside-out.

Originally posted by InfernoGod
Now don't u go AWOL on us! and if u do, i think that pizza I stole while delivering it to Swamp...never mind...

Hey!! That was my pizza!! I´m  starving here, you pizza snatcher!! Prepare do be plasmatized...  :hopping:

<- - -loads the plasma insertion core - - ->
<- - -aims and fires, splattering InfernoGod all over the HLP forum´s pink walls - - ->

muaahaahaahaa! :D :D
No Freespace 3 ?!? Oh, bugger...

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Originally posted by Goober5000
We could probably boost that number a lot higher if we dropped the voice acting.  There's a lot of text in our missions.

I say do voice acting later, as in after the campaign is released. This way we can play our precious campaign.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Voice acting, brought to you by the Now-Or-Never technology (TM).

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I'd say voice act only those messages which sound stupid with simulated speech. 'Ahhhhhhh!'

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Voice acting is awesome. Don't drop voice acting.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Are you guys planning full voice acting? (Command briefing, mission briefing in-game chatter, debriefing)?
or only in-game chatter?

what about any new music?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Everything.  You will be immersed in an entirely new era with TVWP.

That is all I will say.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by TopAce
I'd say voice act only those messages which sound stupid with simulated speech. 'Ahhhhhhh!'

Since simulated speech never worked for all of us, sounds crappy, and is unnecessary, that won't do.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Lightspeed

Since simulated speech never worked for all of us...

@SCP: :p

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Originally posted by Lightspeed

Since simulated speech never worked for all of us, sounds crappy, and is unnecessary, that won't do.

and I really hate that simulated speech

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Turn it off, then.