Thats the problem. I'll have to UV map each piece indiviualy. Once I do that, I guess I can just bake the textures on (I think, I have never done this before) and hopefully produce a single map.
Heres a list of details that will probably go:
- The thrusters will not be beveled like they are.
- The little box details on the back of the gun ammo chamber thingies will go.
- The reactor detailing on the back looks cool, but some parts of it probably need to go.
-Gonna weld a bunch of vertices.
This probably wont get it down under 2000 polies, but it will help.
I want to add:
- A cockpit with semi-transparent glass. (need help with alpha transparency in the GIMP)
- More accurate side thrusters. (aka squeezed at the top)