Author Topic: Xanthus Ship question  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Remeber the ancient mesh the Xanthus?

Recently I was checking out some alternate B5 ships and several designs look very similar to it, especialy the TRITON (they could almost be twins! Xanthus is missing the top and botom weapons humps and some bow decorations but their unique front bridges are 100% identical). Now my question is, which one came first (was Xanthus inspired by the B5 ships?) or is it a case of seperate development?

Regardless sicne the original Xanthus was sans textures (and people were not that thrilled with my shivan/spidey mask texture he he) I took the textures off a Triton and mixed an Orphen and Warlock as well and this was the best I could do but at least it's named and is close to what the B5 version looks like.

BTW the rear engine glows peek out through the engine cowling whenview from the rear at a 45 degree arc in any direction (I mentioned this before with fighters). Is this a bug as I reduced the glows significantly and any smaller would be not good looking for a capship

Xanthus (EAS Necromancer)
http://img112.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img112&image=necromancer.jpg

EA Triton
http://technomage.binaryexistence.com/whitestar/WhitestarsHanger/Pictures/110504/EATri2.JPG

Please note that I have seen this model for Homeworld B5 mods as well as other games so I was really curious. I would wager Damocles has seen this before...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Nice ship...but nobody seems to know the answer to your question.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea