Author Topic: Idea about posts (Admins please read)  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Idea about posts (Admins please read)
lol omg.

Ahh...
Well I think a disclaimer on some threads would be appropriate or a new Terms and Conditions clause for members.
Something along the lines of acknowledging that while the majority of people in the forums are mature they will make poor effort in showing it. Members should also take heed that more than often sadistic and poor taste in humour is often displayed for the viewing of others, but you may reply with similar distaste for vengence.

Something like that anyways...

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Sandwich
Quit the freaking christian bashing, guys!!! Or I'll ban every single one of you!!!!!!!!

Um... you're not above the ''read before you open yer' mouth'' rule... It was obviously a satire. And I hope you do ban all of us. Then you can sit here alone and wallow in it.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
...christions suck... :nervous:
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
The Ions of christ have gravity?

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Raa: I'm pretty sure he was being funny/sarcastic too.
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Eh? That's not the typical way Sarnie tries to make hunour...  Except for the multiple exclamation points.

Either way. I feel like defying authority tonight, and I really don't know why.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Troll.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline mitac

Sarcasm? What's that? :D

BTW, I forgot to mention that nuking Never Neverland back to the stone age might also be an option. ;)
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
nah, tagging would never work, monkey banning is mutch easier.
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Offline mitac

He's got a point there.
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I think it'd be a lot better to make a 'Debate Floor' forum for all political/economics/religion discussion. I've seen this on another forum and it works pretty well, since only the people who want to discuss the issues ever see the threads on them. To reduce clutter on the main page, it could even be a subforum of Hard Light.

The only problem I see is finding someone to moderate it.
-C

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I think we'd rather everyone just avoided being such complete asses, rather than trying to find new and inventive ways for them to discuss the same things. I for one have no problem with political threads and what have you - if people want to discuss that then that's fine by me.

What's getting on my nerves is that certain members don't know where to draw the line... when to shut up. As has already been said - banning is a much easier option. Less hassle for us and instantly effective.

It's also fun ;)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Shrike, he can just use a bot to lock every thread at a random number of posts, I wonder how long it'd take before people figured it out ;)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Heh. I would (mod it), but I don't think the administration would like it much... (I'd be fair! I pwomise!)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
The only problem I see is finding someone to moderate it.

Admins regularly check the Hard Light forum and close threads when necessary. Finding moderators would not be a problem.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Sandwich
Quit the freaking christian bashing, guys!!! Or I'll ban every single one of you!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one who realised he was kidding? :nervous:

With regard to the topic, I second Kal. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Liberator in particular feeling under pressure because of some of his views,

If Liberator would not frequently make personal attacks against everybody who disagrees with him, then perhaps he would have some sympathy. As it stands right now, I doubt it.

I think he is getting exactly what he deserves.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Setekh
Am I the only one who realised he was kidding? :nervous:

Apparently. :sigh: I guess that's the last time I hope people will understand me without the use of smilies.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Heh, you could at least have replaced some of the '!'s with '1's, I'd have probably got the message then :p

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
You know, I completely forgot about that. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill