Author Topic: New shockwave  (Read 8925 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
 http://www.geocities.com/venom250681/shockwavepage01.html?991872743210

I may upload it at HLP soon if you want, or at least the alternative blue and purple version.

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2

and of Hidden Terror, the Shivan campaign

and My own page
SCREW CANON!

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
booooom!

make it bluer and you got a winner.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
i migh thrown in abit of a whil but not much - we already got a blue one like that so why remake it it? i like it
ARGHHH

Offline Nico

• Venom
 http://www.geocities.com/venom250681/shockwavepage02.html?991873217930

hop, 5 other screens, 10 more to come coz the ani looks completly different from the begining to the end
I don't like blue shockwaves, I prefer fire like ones. Anyway, I already have a blue one lol, but I won't post pics of it, imagine the same one with blue, white and purple bits.

the 5 next: http://www.geocities.com/venom250681/shockwavepage03.html?991873774000

[This message has been edited by venom2506 (edited 06-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by venom2506 (edited 06-06-2001).]
SCREW CANON!

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
Well, when you have a red color, it normally means there's combustion going on.  And since most of the things that cause shockwaves are nukes.....
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Nico

• Venom
last 5 pics: http://www.geocities.com/venom250681/shockwavepage04.html?991874274590

Yeah I know, but if you want realism, just delete shockwaves then, coz in vacuum, no shockwave... I like yellow ones coz it looks cool, not because it's realistic...

SCREW CANON!

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Hey, that's good!  :
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Nice work...But I want the ANI.  

And if you don't like the color, all it takes is 15 seconds and Irfanview to fix. I definitely want to give the new shape a try though.

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!

Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod
Sushi's Freespace Zone-Future home of loads of cool stuff.

Offline QXMX

Pretty sweet.  Gives new meaning to the phrase "Go out with a bang"  

------------------
.....File not found....please enter password

Co-Creator, GroundZero

Offline morris13

• New Marshal in town...

Originally posted by venom2506:
if you want realism, just delete shockwaves then, coz in vacuum, no shockwave... I like yellow ones coz it looks cool, not because it's realistic...

Not quite true. You won't have real shockwaves (kinetic energy being transferred through a medium like an atmosphere) but you WILL have a rapidly expanding cloud of superheated vapor and debris from the explosion. The explosions in FS2 are actually pretty realistic. Keep in mind that in an atmosphere the shockwave from something with the yield of a helios would be destroying buildings at a distance of 10km or more. The reason that the explosions in FS2 are as small as they are compared to the explosion yield, is because its just debris being expelled from the target and the bomb itself.
If it aint broke, break it!

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper

Definitely worthy of downloading.

------------------
- Too lasy for a siggy at the moment -
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin

Originally posted by morris13:
Not quite true. You won't have real shockwaves (kinetic energy being transferred through a medium like an atmosphere) but you WILL have a rapidly expanding cloud of superheated vapor and debris from the explosion. The explosions in FS2 are actually pretty realistic. Keep in mind that in an atmosphere the shockwave from something with the yield of a helios would be destroying buildings at a distance of 10km or more. The reason that the explosions in FS2 are as small as they are compared to the explosion yield, is because its just debris being expelled from the target and the bomb itself.

no no....a helios is 10 GIGATONS.  Knocking over buildings at 10km, you could do with a medium kt-low mt nuke.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Beautiful. I really want to see it move.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline morris13

• New Marshal in town...

Originally posted by Shrike:
no no....a helios is 10 GIGATONS.  Knocking over buildings at 10km, you could do with a medium kt-low mt nuke.

Well, that actually kinda makes my point more valid =)
If it aint broke, break it!

Offline Nico

• Venom
One question... I made only the shockwave01.ani... is it useful to make the s...01_1 and so on?
If not I can send the two versions now...

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2

and of Hidden Terror, the Shivan campaign

and My own page
SCREW CANON!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
How about one of those multi-colour, colour-spectrum shocckwaves. I've seen them in lots of sci-fi films. They're kind of cheesy, but they look very pretty. I've wanted someone to do one of those for a long time.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
you know what i think of it dude

------------------

------------------
               [email protected]                        
we all die but when we die we die whit spacecrack.
staff member of
Soc Inferno

iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I like it! it's about time someone did a decent firey shockwave, I don't know what V was thinking with that blue one...

------------------
Co-Creator:  Hard Light Productions
Webmaster: Sounds of Thunder

He why can't I see them? The links apear to be dead. I also tried cutting and pasting into a new window but still dead.

------------------
It is said, that in every age there is one singular event that forever changes the world around us.
It is said, that in every age there is one singular event that forever changes the world around us.

Offline Unidan

• http://unidan.stickserv.net/
Awesome schockwaves man! When are you going to release the battleship?

------------------

Let's say it together...
Unidan (YOU-NIH-DAN)
Good, now say it 50 times fast. Excellent, you may now procceed to TSM-20724 2337
I'll think of a siggie later..