Author Topic: RELEASE: Sync  (Read 99844 times)

i Finished Sync...
What the hell was that?!
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by willy_principal
i Finished Sync...
What the hell was that?!

Mwahaha. Now that's more like the kind of response I was expecting.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
'Tis sad, very sad. I haven't played Sync yet...
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Just finished it...

What... the... heck... :wtf:

I thought a few missions could have been combined, but overall it was very well done.  There were a bunch of leads that didn't go anywhere, though.

Spoiler:
Like at the beginning when everyone attacked the fighters instead of the corvette.

And the player downloading comm buoy records that take 72 hours to de-filter, but we never hear anything more about that.

Why wasn't the Carthage sync'd along with everyone else?

What does the first mission have to do with the rest of the campaign?

And why, if the spaced-out Vasudans are living in a parallel society in another galaxy, did they show up in Betelgeuse right before the freighters delivered the cargo?

Furthermore, why did the cargo need to be delivered in the first place if the Persistence was working on it the whole time?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Spoiler:
I think the Carthage was part of that huge cloud of Terran debris.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by Goober5000
Spoiler:
Like at the beginning when everyone attacked the fighters instead of the corvette.

And the player downloading comm buoy records that take 72 hours to de-filter, but we never hear anything more about that.

And why, if the spaced-out Vasudans are living in a parallel society in another galaxy, did they show up in Betelgeuse right before the freighters delivered the cargo?

Furthermore, why did the cargo need to be delivered in the first place if the Persistence was working on it the whole time?
[/B]

Spoiler:
1: There's a very good reason for this...

2: And this too.

3: It was.

4: A lot.

5: Good reason for this also.

6: Why indeed.

:drevil:

Suffice to say, the end of the campaign wasn't the end of the story.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Spoiler:

Argh! the ending!!!1

i think you would have pissed more people off, but made it a better cliffhanger if you just ended the campaign right as you jumped into that last knossos.

one other thing is that Shivan Comm Nodes go boom when the "Core" or "Crystal" subsystems are destroyed.  and good obscure reference to the shivan manifesto when the one guy said "perhaps they're more than just comm-nodes
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Kie99

BTW Best usermade campaign I've ever played, one thing I hated was always being in the same position at the beginning of the last few missions, and that your loadout is always the same but magically reloads in every new mission.  Loved it being in real time though.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by PhReAk
Spoiler:

Argh! the ending!!!1

i think you would have pissed more people off, but made it a better cliffhanger if you just ended the campaign right as you jumped into that last knossos.
[/B]

I'd have to agree there, but I think it was necessary to
Spoiler:
show what was on the other side of the Knossos. I'm planning to add a bit on the end of the current ending to make it a bit less abrupt.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
ok fair enough.  awesome campaign.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Excellent campaign...
not Derelict neither WarZone forced me to stay in my computer
...i played the missions just to know more......i wanted to know more about what was happening......
But there are a lot of things that weren't answered...i hope you answer them in Sync 2 and 3...
Spoiler:
only one thing was answered in your campaign, what was Sync..............but there are a lot of misteries behind:
-Who are those vasudans that attacked us?
-Why is everyone wants to kill Alpha wing?
-What was in the records of the comm buoy that take 72 hours to de-filter?
-What happened to the Carthage
-What's the relation of the first mission with the rest of the campaign?
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Just finished it...

What... the... heck... :wtf:

I thought a few missions could have been combined, but overall it was very well done.  There were a bunch of leads that didn't go anywhere, though.

Spoiler:

[/B]

Spoiler:

If you look properly, you will see in the first mission a vasudan cruiser or destroyer, i don't remember. And at the last minute, the GTVA command ask you to jump into the node before the GTCv (arrrg i don't remember his name), so before jumping, the GTCv request to the vasudan cruisers some help but unfortunately he can't help.
Then after you have been lost in the unknown location, you will see the same cruisers from the first Mission IIRC, it was the GVCv or GVC Aikeh something like that.

So I'm asking myself, what the hell is he doing here ??

In others words, this campaign is very good. I've never been so confuse before HL².

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
What the hell? In mission 1 my ship was a poseidon!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Kie99

The reason the Com thing that took 72 hours to filter was never mentioned again because the campaign is in real time and the mission's times didn't take more than 72 hours altogether.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Just finished it. Two thumbs way up. At least as good as Derelict, minus Derelict's FREDding errors.

One observation, though. I accidentally broke a mission by giving a guard order to Alpha 3. Whenever you need for a fighter the player can give orders to to go do something, use the clear-goals SEXP first, then the AI goal, so that the player can't break it, since player orders take precedence over any you give in the FREDding.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Kie99

*Continues nitpicking best campaign ever*

in the mission where you...
Spoiler:

come through the knossos the Persistence thanks the Dashor for its assistance.  One problem. THERE IS NO DASHOR! Then in the next mission the dashor is destroyed. The dashor was seen defending the portal when (FS2 main campaign's) Alpha wing was there, so it couldn't have been destroyed at that time.  no Demon entered GTVA space before bearbaiting either.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by kietotheworld
*Continues nitpicking best campaign ever*

in the mission where you...
Spoiler:

come through the knossos the Persistence thanks the Dashor for its assistance.  One problem. THERE IS NO DASHOR! Then in the next mission the dashor is destroyed. The dashor was seen defending the portal when (FS2 main campaign's) Alpha wing was there, so it couldn't have been destroyed at that time.  no Demon entered GTVA space before bearbaiting either.
[/B]

Spoiler:
Yeah, I know about the Dahshor bug. That should be fixed now (re-download). And, well, about the Dahshor defending the portal... look at the mission E3M4 in Sync. Look at it very closely. ;)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Ransom Arceihn
Spoiler:
Yeah, I know about the Dahshor bug. That should be fixed now (re-download). And, well, about the Dahshor defending the portal... look at the mission E3M4 in Sync. Look at it very closely. ;)
[/B]
Erg.  A hint for those who've gone home for Christmas and have their computer in a big pile of disassembly?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
erm, why does alpha wing come up as poseidons?

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Erg.  A hint for those who've gone home for Christmas and have their computer in a big pile of disassembly?

:nervous:

Wait for the next part :p

And Cobra, I have no idea how that could happen.