Author Topic: How old do Vasudans live?  (Read 11831 times)

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
How old do Vasudans live?
How old do you think Vasudans can live? Never mentioned in canon, I'm sure, but giving their seemingly hard 'structure', like turtles ;), I would expect them to be quite more long-lived than their Terran counterparts, something like, say 150 years? And yes, I'm taking the assumption that not many terrans live much more longer than people do today, with only a "few" living over 100 years old.

This also leads to my other question. Was the Vasudan emperor, Khonsu II already in throne during the T-V war and the Great War? Considering if they live longer than humans, then isn't that a great possibility?

EDIT: Typos
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline Kie99

No Khonsu II wasn't in power during the T-V War Hence PARLIMENTARY Vasudan Navy.
Can't find the exact date he (or She) came to power though
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
Originally posted by kietotheworld
No Khonsu II wasn't in power during the T-V War Hence PARLIMENTARY Vasudan Navy.
Can't find the exact date he (or She) came to power though

actually he, or his predecessor, was in power during the Terran-Vasudan War.

Parliamentary Vasudan EMPIRE remember. It was just that during that period the Imperial Court was sidelined by the Parliament and the Emperor little more than a ceremonial figurehead.

Only after the Shivan Incursion was the Parliament weak enough to be overthrown.

iirc.
It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha:

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
FS:UP
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by Crazy_Ivan80

actually he, or his predecessor, was in power during the Terran-Vasudan War.

Parliamentary Vasudan EMPIRE remember. It was just that during that period the Imperial Court was sidelined by the Parliament and the Emperor little more than a ceremonial figurehead.

Only after the Shivan Incursion was the Parliament weak enough to be overthrown.

iirc.

I stand corrected
Always wondered what the E in VPE standed for.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Two-hundred years. Like Vulcans.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
how?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
You expect us to know that?
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
all these threads are nice n all, good debatable topics, but its all really speculation, we have no sure way of knowing anything unless DaveB or Adam Pletcher pop up and answer our questions
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Originally posted by Knight Templar
Two-hundred years. Like Vulcans.

How do you know?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Here's something interesting:

http://www.indiavilas.com/indiainfo/babynames.asp?CurPageNo=10&vSearch=v&vType=&vGender=

Terra means the same thing, so could that mean. . .?
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Name       Meaning      Gender
            Vasuda    Earth           Girls

Freaky
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Eishtmo
Here's something interesting:

http://www.indiavilas.com/indiainfo/babynames.asp?CurPageNo=10&vSearch=v&vType=&vGender=

Terra means the same thing, so could that mean. . .?

Cousin! :D
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
:lol:

"If it's a boy, let's name him Adam. If it's a girl, let's name her Vasuda."
"But I wanted to name the baby after you, Carl..."
"Fine. But ONLY the middle name."
-C

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Err. Just because he's the second member of his family in a row to be named Khonsu doesn't mean they live for 5,000 years. There could have been countless Ptomelies, Psamtus and Raas for all we know.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
All hail emporor Raa

*bgets on knees and bows*
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
Originally posted by High Max
I remember it saying something about emperor Khonsu II, dynasty of 10000 years. Does dynasty mean that his family has been in existence for 10000 years? If that is what it means, considering that he is only the II in a family 10000 years, maybe a Vasudan can live 1000's of years. Maybe Khonsu I lived 6000 years and Khonsu II is 4000 years old. However, I have no idea what it means by "dynasty of 10000 years", just guessing.

...It's just a figure of speech; it's not supposed to be taken literally. The Vasudans most likely had their fair share of Raa XII's for all we know ;)
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I would assume that with body construction that they[we] have, they[we] don't live all that long at all. Possibly ~150 at the very very most, but more average around 60-70 yrs.

On a side note, has anyone noticed how vasudans are uncannily alike to the Starcraft´s Protoss? Like they are cousins?
No Freespace 3 ?!? Oh, bugger...

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Generic aliens...