Author Topic: Where was the Aquitaine...  (Read 4440 times)

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
Where was the Aquitaine...
...........through the whole Capella nova situation?

Ive never been really clear on this.:confused:
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I think the Aquitaine is supposed to have gone through the node in the previous mission while you were busy protecting the Bastion.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Falcon

Its probably going through repairs or probably crushing any leftover NTF/Shivan forces still present.

Offline Nuclear1

It got destroyed in the supernova, and the "crew of the Aquitaine" that Petrarch was addressing happened to be the 20+ crewmen that had gotten away in the one escape pod. :D

No, seriously, I think it was in Vega or Eps. Peg. during the whole thing. Otherwise it would have been kicking Shivan *** near the Vega node.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I think it was probably in Vega, since the Epsilon Pegausi node was collapsed very soon after the GTVA decided to abandon Capella to the Shivans.

Of course, I also think the Bastion was deployed from inside Capella, as crazy as that sounds. There isn't much sense in the Red Alert to the other node otherwise.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nuclear1

Which makes sense, considering how the jump node said "Epsilon Pegasi" and not "Capella" in the CotTII.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Probably in Capella/Vega, since Petrarch was giving you briefings and such.

It was probably in Vega when Capella actually went nova, standing by to take care of any cruisers/fighters that made it through the node.
-C

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
It was hiding, it being the useless lump of crap it is. :doubt:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Little nick pick here. Bastion was in the 4th Fleet in Vega......;)

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
Originally posted by High Max
It was in Vega. Remember in the first command briefing, it says: The Bastion has been decommissioned and its crew will now serve onboard the Aquitaine. The Bastion was flagship of the 3rd fleet based in Vega. Ever since the Great War, we have called Vega our home.

It says something like that.

well then why is 3rd fleet headquarters in capella?

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
It's a plot hole.  If you question it too much something bad is gonna happen.

:snipe:

See?  *glauuuuugh*
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Er... no, in the first command briefing, Loukakis says 4th fleet is in Vega, not 3rd.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
4th fleet = Vega, 3rd fleet = Capella. Or at least that was the case before Capella went kablooie.

I always kinda figured the Aquitaine and the (few) survivors of the 3rd fleet made it to Vega. What I'm wondering is just where the 3rd fleet relocated to after '67, since having two fleets based in the same system is redundant.
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Rson

3rd Fleet was probably disbanded and it's ships sent to other fleets.
"It's like how much more black could this be?  And the answer is none, none more black." -This Is Spinal Tap

"What do you mean 'I ain't kind'?  I'm just not your kind." -'Peace Sells' by Megadeth

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Aquitane didn't replace the Bastion. Just that the squadron was based on board the Bastion during the Great War - it moved to the Aquitane later, whether ages ago, during a great fleet restructuring, or recently, when the Bastion was decommissioned.

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
yeah im sure they shuffled squadrons around every so often

Offline Axem

Originally posted by High Max
Also, I noticed another typo. In the first command briefing before the training mission, it says "luitenent Loukakus" but in the command briefing after the 3 training missions, it says, "captain Loukakus". So which is it? One of them must be a typo.

At the rate they lose people, the promotion rate should be through the roof. How else do you explain going from a noob fighter pilot to the head of an elite squadron in a month?

Offline Axem

Loukakis's Diary

7:00 am - New Pilot came aboard today, showed him the ropes in the training sim.

8:00 am - Lt. Commander Smash died in a meat grinder accident. I got promoted!

9:00 am - Commander White quit, mumbled something about wishing us a supernova. I'm a Commander now!

10:00 am - Okay, so the Captain seems to have vanished. I will now call myself Captain Loukakis!

There perfect sense. Some people just advance faster than others.

Offline Jal-18

The fleet units from Capella were probably used as replacements for all the ships lost in the other fleets.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Fascinating Reci Fact #324
Out of about 5 different storylines I wrote, every one involved the Aquitane getting waxed during it's last tour of duty before decomissioning.  Including during the decom' ceremony itself.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 05:42:17 pm by 181 »