Author Topic: being rapidly flamed to death?  (Read 11169 times)

Offline Freyr

• http://a2upgrades.net
being rapidly flamed to death?
notice they both of those were registererd 7 years ago. Maybe in that time they had a reshuffle or he left?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I stand corrected then. :) I just wanted to be sure we considered all the possibilities. :)

Offline Kie99

I have sent an email to "Roryp"  I will report back with any news I get.  

EDIT: This must be the biggest reaction to a thread since another Oxy Moron (Derek SMART[/b])!
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Kie99

A lot of people are searching that site now

Rate Error
Sorry, too many requests. Try again later
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

*sigh* i'm not going to go thru my usual welcoming ordeal.
:welcome:
Exits are to the sides and rear. Personal flamethrowers are located under the seats, but they're probably full of water so you'll need your own napalm. Don't go crawling through the air vents as they're infested with Shivans. However, if you do encounter any Shivans, it's just Carl. Give him your lunch and run away. *breathes* Plasma rifles are located in the lockers up front. However these can only be opened by [V], God, an Admin, or a hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Do not try to enter the control room as it is guarded by subspatial claymore mines. Thank you, and enjoy your stay!
Interesting find, tho. Very interesting.
EDIT: Just went to volition's site, and looked up Mark Muller. Found this on him (note the last sentence):
Mark Muller, Network Administrator
A die hard gamer as long as he can remember, Mark's computer background is long and treacherous. Starting with a TI99/4a using audio tape to store data, then moving into the realm of early Apple PC's, he was introduced to the idea of networking during a 2 year stint at the US Naval Academy and hasn't looked back since. The move to Volition seemed a natural marriage of his two loves, gaming and networks. While not maintaining the Volition network and harrassing techs from various hardware companies, Mark likes to play multiplayer games or sic his cat Ouch on random pedestrians. It's rumored that he blackmailed Volition into giving him the job by infiltrating their network from afar...but no one's proved this yet.

Offline Freyr

Originally posted by InfernoGod
:welcome:
Exits are to the sides and rear. Personal flamethrowers are located under the seats, but they're probably full of water so you'll need your own napalm. Don't go crawling through the air vents as they're infested with Shivans. However, if you do encounter any Shivans, it's just Carl. Give him your lunch and run away. *breathes* Plasma rifles are located in the lockers up front. However these can only be opened by [V], God, an Admin, or a hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Do not try to enter the control room as it is guarded by subspatial claymore mines. Thank you, and enjoy your stay!
Interesting find, tho. Very interesting.

:lol:  Thats great... The probably the best welcome I have had to a forum, and it explains why I didn't get flamed as well!

Originally posted by InfernoGod
Mark Muller, Network Administrator
A die hard gamer as long as he can remember, Mark's computer background is long and treacherous. Starting with a TI99/4a using audio tape to store data, then moving into the realm of early Apple PC's, he was introduced to the idea of networking during a 2 year stint at the US Naval Academy and hasn't looked back since. The move to Volition seemed a natural marriage of his two loves, gaming and networks. While not maintaining the Volition network and harrassing techs from various hardware companies, Mark likes to play multiplayer games or sic his cat Ouch on random pedestrians. It's rumored that he blackmailed Volition into giving him the job by infiltrating their network from afar...but no one's proved this yet.

So he has been there for a while....or so it would seem. He was probably ordered to do this by someone because I doubt they would just do this out of the blue.....no way of finding out who (or what) tho really. I guess at least it proves that they have given more thought on the Freespace franchise instead of just plain forgetting it after interplay died and DS wanted the license. I would venture to say that it is possible they have the license....

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, this is certainly....interesting news.

I'm not going to get too excited yet though, let's just wait and see what develops :)

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Originally posted by Flipside
Well, this is certainly....interesting news.

I'm not going to get too excited yet though, let's just wait and see what develops :)

I agree with Flip, can't get too excited, not yet anyways. But, how do we know if Freyr isn't an :v: employe leaking information.;7
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Well techincally he diddnt really leak anything. He was just probably following orders.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Bah. It doesn't really matter. Mindless speculation...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Freyr

:lol:, no, I am not a V employee, just for the paranoid ones, I saw something on SGN about an FS->A2 conversion and Galonreaver pointed me to here, I was quite content in Armada 2 before then, since I have been making an effort to go through all of your campaigns. I have sort of slowed down quite a lot now, I am about half way through technical superiority and I throught I would have a look around here, I kind of got sidetracked after reading about the not so smart chap and all the FS3 references all over the place and decided I would have a quick look to see what I could find.

on a side note, here's what V's website has to say about Rory, the guy that registererd the latest domains.

Rory Prendergast, Hardware Tech
Rory [R.O.R.Y.] was built in three 10 minute passes down an assembly line aisle in northern Illinois for the dual purpose of helping people sort out their computer problems and to make hardware recommendations, and he’s been programmed to do it all with a smile. His dark brown hair is Rayon, his space age polymer skin is a trade secret, and his bones are carbon fiber. The CPU brain, manufactured by IBM, is centuries ahead of everything else, be it silicon or carbon based. Volition picked him up in December of 2000 as a Christmas present to the overworked netadmin. He’s quite lifelike, but try as they may, no one here can make him laugh or cry.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Interesting...
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Freyr

oh some of these bios are great, it must have taken them months to have written them.

Daniel J. Wentz, Composer/Sound Designer
After a four year tour of duty with the GTA, Mr Wentz has finally earned his wings and been given an honorable discharge from the Freespace universe. He now is working full time on music, audio and level design for Red Faction. He is also being Summoned from time to time to help out on other projects. When asked to sum up his experience with the Alliance, he was quoted as saying... "Those Vasudan's gave me the willies, I still get junk mail from them from time to time."

:lol:
That's what happens when you don't give them ur head!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
To hell with Wentz. It's him spamming us! :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
You know something, it would be kinda funny if :v: had the licsense since Interplay died, and was holding it above our heads to see how far the community would reach for it, before giving up.:lol: For some cruel joke.
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
this is interesting news indeed, if it turns out to be true...there will be alot of mods trying to get finished before FS3 were to come out, just so that we wouldn't be wrong AFTER it came out.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Good. Some of you folks need a kick in the pants...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, it could go either way, people could lose heart in their own mods if they knew that [v] was working on a new engine.

But it may well be fun, once TI is done, to look at some sort of total conversion based on a universe completely created by the Modders. It's something I'd love to take on one day, and the SCP is rapidly turning into the program to do it with :)