Author Topic: New mediaVP title screen  (Read 15596 times)

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Am I the only one who ****ing hates the Colossus from the bottom of his soul?

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
No.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Falcon

Originally posted by StratComm
No.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Originally posted by Falcon
Originally posted by Stratcomm
    No.

...and a new splash screen MUST:

1) contain HTL models
2) show off new nebulae / skybox art
3) ...or smg. similar to the Asteroid Test
4) ...and if in action use updated effects
5) ....and LSD shine-glow-env maps are a MUST
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Kie99

Who gave you supreme authority over Title Screen criteria?
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
He's not the authority, but he's right.  It has to show off features, and the HTL ships look by far the best.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
I have no whatsoever authority nor does anyone beside the authors of the Media VP.

...however the splash screen of the Media VP should friggin show stuff fromt the thing it was made for!

IMHO that's only common sense, as well as the objective of this endeavour.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Originally posted by BD
Am I the only one who ****ing hates the Colossus from the bottom of his soul?

Am I the only one who thinks it rocks? :p

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Originally posted by Mongoose

Am I the only one who thinks it rocks? :p

Probably

However if for no other reason, we shouldn't include it since it features the most overused and bland map of FS2 and wasn't HTL-ised while a lot of other ships recieved the uplift.

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by Flaser
I have no whatsoever authority nor does anyone beside the authors of the Media VP.

...however the splash screen of the Media VP should friggin show stuff fromt the thing it was made for!

IMHO that's only common sense, as well as the objective of this endeavour.

OK but you said the new Media VP MUST contain.....

An IMO would have been helpful there.

BTW Mongoose, you're not the only one who thinks it rocks.

Offline Axem

All a splash screen needs is not to be black. ;) People could debate for hours on what constitutes "art", or in this case a splash screen, so let's not go there.

Out of all the ones posted, I like Singh's Terran Fleet one the best. A nice display of some HTL models (be great if all of them could be in there). But the thing that irks me about it is the low ambient light that makes everything a dark blue. I prefer the ambient light to be subdued not totally absent. That's my personal taste there though.

But I still dig the current one... :D

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
If people spent less time arguing and more time playing FS they could probably get some pretty good ones. :p

The trick is to map the screenshot and toggle-hud keys to only take one keypress each. Then, as a cruiser goes up in flames, two keypresses and you've got a nice, clean screenshot.

Oh, and avoid engine glows like the plague...unless you're right behind them, in front of them, or in a select few angles, you'll get clipping errors. :ick:
-C

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
use the closeup levi one someone posted up earlier, its by far one of the sexiest high poly models, it has good angle and composition. Slap some nice text on there and what not and you have a winner ...

... *plots something*
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
If people spent less time arguing and more time playing FS they could probably get some pretty good ones. :p

The trick is to map the screenshot and toggle-hud keys to only take one keypress each. Then, as a cruiser goes up in flames, two keypresses and you've got a nice, clean screenshot.

Sod that, don't we have a free-view / bullettime style screenshot thing done by RT still?

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by Axem
All a splash screen needs is not to be black. ;) People could debate for hours on what constitutes "art", or in this case a splash screen, so let's not go there.

One of the most sensible things I've seen on these forums

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Originally posted by Axem

Nah, it just needs to not suck.

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
quick question, what size and format should this be in, also does anyone have a plain copy of the SCP kicking about?
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Kie99

Come on lets see some more screenies!

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
hmm.....would screenies with bob's old shadow builds count? If so, I'm sure I can get something :D
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
-C