Author Topic: Bump mapping  (Read 5743 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Originally posted by Kai
sorry but the external weapons is imho a dumb idea..

sorry but that gets done first, if I just leave it hanging you'll end up with bugs out the ass, at the least you could run the build and make sure I didn't break anything else.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Kai

okey ill try it..but still i think its a worthless feature
Just another FS2 maniac

Offline Solatar

Originally posted by Kai
but still i think its a worthless feature

Good for you.:)  You wanna tell us why?

I can see many implications of this...I mean, it looks less than perfect now of course,  but the first models in the fs2 engine were probably untextured cubes...

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
^well fs1 engine atleast, and probably more like untextured arrow shaped objects.

Anyways, is there anything other than extranl weapon code and animation code that bob needs testing for now?
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Kai

i just do not know *WHY* put so much effort to making missiles visible from external view...if it does serve yet another purpose tell me please
Just another FS2 maniac

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
It's visual candy... in theory there's no point in having shine maps but almost everyone agrees they look darn cool. Same thing here I believe.

Offline Kai

yes the shine maps ARE COOL. this is not imho:) i think the best thing in the work now is making the hi-poly versions of ship models - THATS PRETTY DAMN COOl - and i think the GREAT hi-poly Herc is Bobboau's work isnt it? now thats a SUPERB work
Just another FS2 maniac

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
people have been asking for this for years, with WCM's techroom thing I had the idea that if every weapon had a model too then art could be dynamicly generated too, so I decided to take on the project, it's a relitively simple change, and the weapon model code is basicly complete, all it needs is lots of testing, what I realy need to get done with now is the animation code, I'm thinking I should just focus on getting the core of it done, then explain how you use it to the other coders so they can implement all the calls to it.

both of these need moders to create content and then people to play the game with that content.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Originally posted by Kai
okey ill try it..but still i think its a worthless feature

The Starfox mod will use this feature. It's not worthless at all.

You will drool and accept this feature as a good one...
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
you know the weapon stuf seems to be working without flaw, no one can say I didn't try to get it thuroughly tested, the animation code can't be made any better untill I get a lot more models suporting it to test on, I'll make a thread for coders on how to implement new animations.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

The BSG's launch bays is more than ready to have the animation code extend and retract them! Is none rotational movement in the bag?

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
AFIK it was from day 1 of Bobb's implementation.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan