Author Topic: Gargant Killing Thread: How?  (Read 16876 times)

Offline Kie99

Gargant Killing Thread: How?
Go on, before I started typing randomly I had actually intended for this to be a serious thread.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There's only 3 of us left working on it, and not much has been done recently. So a 3rd chapter will entirely depend on when chapter 2 is completed.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You mentioned awhile back you needed FREDders and you were going to put out a call...and never did...so that's kinda your own fault...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'm still waiting on a complete mission doc, there's no point asking for freders until they have something to do.

How bout collapsing a subspace node while the Gargant is in subspace? :)

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Nah. The Gargant is so big it bulges outside the tunnel into...something else:nervous:
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by Viper1000
How bout collapsing a subspace node while the Gargant is in subspace? :)

When a node is collapsed the ships within the tunnel are spewed out. (Ending cutscene of FS1)

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by kietotheworld

When a node is collapsed the ships within the tunnel are spewed out. (Ending cutscene of FS1)

Erm...no. The fighters were flying out by themselves.
And the Lucifer wasn't spewed out, the node collapsed when she was halfway out.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Kie99

The fighters entered the node after the Lucifer, therefore they should have exitted subspace after the Lucifer, but they didn't they exitted at the same time.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by kietotheworld
The fighters entered the node after the Lucifer, therefore they should have exitted subspace after the Lucifer, but they didn't they exitted at the same time.

Uh if that was true then the fighters shouldn't of been able to catch the Lucifer either.

Offline Kie99

You can move in subspace but how far you move doesn't effect when you exit subspace, otherwise the Lucifer would have moved to exit the node faster.

Note the speed of the Lucifer

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It doesn't make sense to me to be in front of the Lucifer, but having to wait another 5 minutes or so to jump out.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I've seen the shot of the lucifer with its speed reading 0 too many times... the "anchor" of subspace missions, i.e. the capship around which the mission takes place, should move or not move depending on what the mission designer has in mind, nothing more.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I think the Lucifer not moving was probably more so the AI bombers could do their job without killing themselves as the AI seems better at attacking stationery capships.

Offline Kie99

canon>opinions :p

Offline Striker

Yeah I was about to suggest the subspace idea. But we don't know how fast subspace transmissions work, so there would be a problem co-ordinating when to destroy the node after it has entered. Of course, the GTVA could always create a subspace weapon of their own and use it to take out Gargy.
...lurk

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Remember that the background is moving along around you, so perhaps Capital ships can only move at the speed of the subspace tunnel (I.e. 0 in subspace) while smaller fighters are capable of manuvering due to their small size.

Or, maybe a capital ship is the centre of the subspace tunnel we see, with their reactors being the source of the subspace disturbance (in this case, the Lucifer was). If so, then maybe strike craft (fighters and bombers) can actually "surf" the tunnels of larger vessels.

As for the Gargant thing, there's is no such thing as an undefeatable enemy. It'll be dealt with one way or another. As for how, i'll just wait and see what the Inferno team comes up with.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Kie99

I can see why the Black Hole idea wouldn't work, after all what would the player do?

They'd say "****." and get crushed.

And it always seems SO slow when you're moving backwards in subspace. It's the tunnel patterns... I know...

Offline Havock

how about poking it?