Author Topic: 12 year old boy jailed for life - for rape  (Read 2293 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
12 year old boy jailed for life - for rape
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4340339.stm
A 13-year-old boy has been detained for life for raping his teacher during a one-to-one session.

The County Durham schoolboy, who was 12 when he carried out the assault in November 2004, admitted rape and theft at an earlier hearing.

****s sake, is all I can say.......

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
interesting.  How does the jail system work over there?  Is the boy going to be changed or is he going to be left to rot?
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by übermetroid
interesting.  How does the jail system work over there?  Is the boy going to be changed or is he going to be left to rot?

Held in juvenile detention and then moved to an adult prison when old enough, i think.  Life sentence, IIRC, can be anywhere from 25 years to forever; it used to be set by the Home Secretary, but that's now illegal under Human rights legislation, although unduly lenient sentences can be appealed.

The prison system, in general, tries to reform offenders.  I'm not sure how hard they try with the most serious ones, of course, but they'll definately try some form of remedial course/s in the youth detention centre.

Offline übermetroid

• He who dares wins.
well at least they will try.  Hopefully that will work.

If it did not they need to find a (new) island where they can just stick all the bad guys.

Offline Gank

They already tried that, and we got the US and Australia

Offline übermetroid

• He who dares wins.
I know.  Thats why I said a new island.  Like around the south poll.

I was actually thinking of "Escape from LA" when I wrote that.

Offline Gank

Send them to the moon

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
He committed a rape, and then stole the teacher's car when he was...

...twelve???

Is that even physically possible? Where did he learn to drive? And what the Hell is wrong with his parents?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Fly me to the moon, we've left the earth, there's nothing left
dollars in the heavens, guess we'll make our fortunes, yet
as we leave this world to the poor
the rich are off to the moon

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Clockwork Orange
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Originally posted by Gank
They already tried that, and we got the US and Australia

:lol: @joo

Cheeky Monkey

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
That's... unpleasent. I'm not entirely sure how your average 12 year old could restrain an adult to the extent that he could commit rape, you'd think she could have beaten the **** out of him.

Suffice to say, they should serve this kind of sentence more often. How is it that this minor got a life sentence when sex offenders are allowed to walk free so frequently?

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
well he sure has some balls now :V
lol wtf

:ick:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 09:36:29 am by Sapphire »

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
He probably hit her in the head with something and she passed out...
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Kalfireth
That's... unpleasent. I'm not entirely sure how your average 12 year old could restrain an adult to the extent that he could commit rape, you'd think she could have beaten the **** out of him.

Probably had a weapon or something.... the kid sounds an absolute nutcase, than itself would be a terrifying thing.

Suffice to say, they should serve this kind of sentence more often. How is it that this minor got a life sentence when sex offenders are allowed to walk free so frequently?

I have no idea.... I'm not a person for draconian punishment, but I think we go too soft on certain offenses.  I oppose the death penalty, but I support life-means-life, for example.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Mmm, either way - and I'm really not sure anyone is taking this seriously - doesn't this have some pretty drastic implications for the current way that children are bought up?

I dare say this sort of thing never used to happen (alright, perhaps it did occassionaly - but these days it seems that an aweful lot of 10 to 18 year olds are causing a lot of trouble in the UK).

I'm not saying I support child abuse, but a swift smack round the ear would probably sort out a lot of the problems where young children think they're untouchable.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Mmm, either way - and I'm really not sure anyone is taking this seriously - doesn't this have some pretty drastic implications for the current way that children are bought up?

I dare say this sort of thing never used to happen (alright, perhaps it did occassionaly - but these days it seems that an aweful lot of 10 to 18 year olds are causing a lot of trouble in the UK).

I'm not saying I support child abuse, but a swift smack round the ear would probably sort out a lot of the problems where young children think they're untouchable.

Possibly, but at the same time what was acceptable 20, 30 years ago would probably tantamount to assault nowadays.  IT's a combination of things IMO, not just discipline - a lack of proper sports / entertainment facilities (particularly the loss of school sports), an almost tolerance of underage drinking, lack of police in certain areas, bad parenting, and tonnes of contributary factors.....

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida

Agree with that totally. If I would have children (not gonna happen, though), I'd give 'em a good spanking if they wouldn't know how to behave ;)
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Well, back in the old days when you did something wrong and dad'd take you out back were a bit OTT, but looking at the current batch of freshmen in my school (12, 13 year old), a good arse-kicking is in order some times.

As for this case, you sure have some big 12 year olds, and he probably had a knife. Still, I think a life-sentence is inappropriate for any minor, no matter the crime, really. Minors should get counseling, therapy, and the lot, not a life-in-jail starting from the age of 13.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm