Author Topic: [FA] C5M2 Primus  (Read 20780 times)

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Well, my solution was to remove the mines from weapons editor. Maybe they're out of mines?
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
DOWNLOAD

Balancing problems... It was too hard with six Sentris. I removed two and now I think it's too easy.

But let me know. :)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
^ Above mission will be tested sooner or later ^
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That was fun :D I've adjusted my FOV and I was playing on easy cause a narrow FOV makes things harder but I found the mission perfectly balanced :) First time I failed the mission cause the shuttle was destroyed but the second time I passed it :)

There still are a few minor issues with the mission though.

1) There were a couple of messages out of place still. For instance the G'tok mentions that there is only one thing left to do only after it has started shooting.

2) AWOL Debriefing. Haven't you learned to check by now? :lol: The solution you've instituted doesn't actually work yet. It does prevent the G'tok jumping out early but if you press Alt-J at the start of the mission then play to the end you'll find that it doesn't actually jump out (I haven't actually tested that but I looked at your FREDding and I can't see any reason why it would jump out).

The reason for this is because you've used and-in-sequence to prevent the G'Tok jumping out. That's a reasonable use of it but if the player presses Alt-J any time before the "DIR - jump A" event triggers then the game will read key-pressed as being true first (preventing the G'tok from ever leaving).

The solution is actually quite simple. In the "DIR - jump A" event change the do-nothing into key-reset>>Alt-J (You may also need to change the and-in-sequence to AND because Key-Reset is an exceedingly bug-filled SEXP and I never tested it with and-in-sequence so I have no idea what would happen).

3) The reason why I tend to come down on the AWOL bug is because it's actually a little hard to get the form up event to trigger. You've requested that the player gets 100m from the G'tok which might be a little too close. I can't remember if distances are calculated from the centre of a model or from its bounding box but either way some experimentation might be worth doing (changing it to 200m would probably be enough though).

4) Not a complaint. I believe in giving praise where it's due so I always mention thing I saw that were well done. I never noticed it the first time but kudos to you for using alternative wing names for the Narn fighters. :) I'm sure that you're not the only one doing so but that is the first time I've seen anyone apart from myself using that feature and it's twice as good to see it being done by someone in the FA :D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 01:42:31 pm by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
2) I noticed once that the G'Tok didn't jump. *kicks himself*

4) :D

I'll fix those things and maybe even add a AWOL debrief (finally). :lol:

[EDIT] Kudos?
[EDIT2] You scared the s*** out of me with that long post. I thought everything was FUBARed. :lol:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 02:37:26 pm by 2137 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
ku·dos  
n.    Acclaim or praise for exceptional achievement.

:)

I tend to be long winded when I'm posting on here cause I like to make sure people understand exactly why something didn't work :) I hope it helps you see why the event isn't working.

That said I do feel that you're reaching the level where you don't need long explainations from me any more. It's certainly good for me if I can state the problem and a short hint or two and leave you to fix it :)

Fact is I'm starting to think you're definately looking like the next person who'll graduate from the Academy. If I needed another FREDder on the MG team I'd definately have sent you an invite by now :D

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
*smacks head*
Forgot about this mission, testing today....

[EDIT] I was stupid, this is a B5 mission and I don't have any B5 mods.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 02:44:32 pm by 1079 »
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Jesus Christ man! I didn't release the third version because I was waiting for your test report. But I forgive you.
j/k ;)

But seriously. I'll release my FA missions when this place is back to normal. Right now I'm keeping myself busy with my website, DT and the Club.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If it's ready you might as well post it up now. Lots of bored people who can't access TBP's forum = legion of free playtesters (Hopefully) :D

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
I have to be honest.. I have no idea if it is ready. Really. I don't remember what was the last thing I did with the mission. :nervous:

I'll check it later tonight...

Offline n00by

What I noticed is that the "Protect Ra'Mak" directive is marked as "faliure" although only the shuttle has been destroyed. The Ra'Mak is destroyed afterwards, anyways, but - I think that's quite strange, anyways.

And one small thing: Recommendations for completing the "Protect Shuttle" dircetive are missing; if you fail it it just says "We have no recom...bla, bla...."

And, the G'Tok starting shooting before it said something, too, of course:nod: .

But besides of this a nice piece of work. No really bad errors - thumbs up! Already waiting for the campaign:yes:

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Originally posted by n00by
What I noticed is that the "Protect Ra'Mak" directive is marked as "faliure" although only the shuttle has been destroyed. The Ra'Mak is destroyed afterwards, anyways, but - I think that's quite strange, anyways.

I was thinking that the shuttle is Ra'Mak's only hope. So if the shuttle gets destroyed, it's also the end of Ra'Mak as no one will be able to help them in time.

Offline n00by

But that happened after the shuttle left the Ra'Mak with the remaining crew. Should have said it before...

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
DOWNLOAD

o Fixed things
o Added AWOL debrief
o Added Recommendation
x Didn't find the error that n00by described :nervous:

Offline n00by

Gonna have a look once more - as soon as I have free time... ;-(

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I have to reinstall FreeSpace tonight anyway so I might as well use this as a test :)

Might as well take a look at the mission in FRED and test out the new build of that too :)

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
FreeSpace? You do mean TBP? :p

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Nope. I mean FreeSpace. I run TBP as a mod :D

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Sorry to take so long but I finally got around to trying this :)

Basically I couldn't fault it. Admittedly I lost my comms about half way through and there may be some message errors but apart from that it worked fine.

Feel free to pick another mission if you want to. :)

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
...Ok. It's done?

But I'm working on my first FA mission and I'll try to finish it, before I pick more missions. And I think I'll release a new version of it, today or tomorrow. Been busy too.